29 replies to this topic

apateonas

apateonas

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hallo from beautiful Greece.

I just bought an HP mini 110-3700ev and i'm trying to install ideneb 1.3, but when it loads it shows me a stop sign and it keeps spining.

Please if anyone knows let me know !!!

Thank you
Marios

apateonas

apateonas

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
i also try the -v switch but it keeps saying "Still Waiting For Root Device ".
The same with iDeneb 1.4

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
All I can say is Good luck.

I'm in the exact same boat with a new HP MINI 110-3744ca

I've gotten exactly as far as you did and had the exact same result. I've been trying this for going on 10 days now and haven't found a way past this. I'd originally thought it might be the version of iDeneb so I tried a few. Then I tried the iAtkos, same thing. It's apparently an issue with the bios not recognizing the USB HD or something to that effect.

Since there were a few walkthroughs starting from OSX i've now borrowed a friend's macbook and am trying the disk utility USB prep instead of the Windows XP/7 prep, to which I found little to nothing.

Let me know if you have any progress and I'll do the same if I manage to stumble my way through to some sort of anything.

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
I'll even add an update as I've been at this all day (hard to believe).

Being that I now had the borrowed Macbook in hand I scrapped the ideneb-onto-usb-through-DDMac-on-XP plan and began the process of preping my 8GB USB drive using the retail Snow Leopard DVD + Netbookbootloader, following the bootloader + retail + netbook installer guide/strategy.

I just ran into yet another wall when surprise surprise, Netbookbootloader doesn't work with Tiger - just 10.6+.

SO, reverting back to iDeneb v3 10.5, using DDMac, I get this error which is apparently somewhat common but I can't find a fix:

EHCI Controller unable to take control of Bios
Apple.... unable to obtain ownership
UIMInitialize - Error occurred
unable to initialize UIM

I've tried searching each of these 4 lines in the forums and thus far have drawn blanks.....

marco_rossi

marco_rossi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Hi, i have a hp mini 110-3710 and have the same problem (stuck on apple logo, spinning wheel, stop sign).
I use the -v and says, "Still Waiting For Root Device ", basically the same thing that happens to apateonas...
I'll try to search and find a solution, if i find something i`ll post it here, it would be cool and i'll really appreciate if anyone who finds a solution could post it here, thanks!

marco_rossi

marco_rossi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Ok, i made some progress. I used this guide: http://msarun.wordpr...450-from-win-7/

I was able to install the OSX but in the reboot it appears the chameleon boot, i chose my hd where the OSX is installed and the computer reboots...

marco_rossi

marco_rossi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
I reinstalled with the chameleon Rc4 bootloader and installing various options according to my hardware and after reboot i used the option cpus=1 and i was able to boot into OSX. Now the problems are that my usb ports doesn't seem to be functional, there's no wifi and a couple of other things... well it's a progress...

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Heck yah that's progress- that's fantastic news. Thanks for that link, I'll follow it tonight and see what happens. Perhaps I can stumble my way through with XP, or even grab a friend's Win7 laptop for the prep/setup.

Thanks again - keep me/us posted and I'll do the same!

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Hey Marci Rossi

Any further updates? I went through that guide you recommended and am now installing as we speak. I chose chameleon RC4 as you recommended, along with the internet options in the optional category.

I assume this is just another series of steps to get it working but at LEAST I am now installing it - I consider this a HUGE win.

MANY thanks to you. I guess the others that know more about this don't actively monitor these netbook forums much.

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
I can't seem to get further than the chameleon screen, every option I try using results in almost instant reboot. It's so fast I can't see the error text that pops up.

I keep trying the reinstall with different options but to no avail

marco_rossi

marco_rossi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

I can't seem to get further than the chameleon screen, every option I try using results in almost instant reboot. It's so fast I can't see the error text that pops up.

I keep trying the reinstall with different options but to no avail

Install the Rc4 chameleon, the atom kernel, sata ahci support or something like that, i don't remember exactly, battery, apple ps/2 drivers, and whatever else you think it will need, but don't install any usb fixes or drivers. In the reboot write: "-v" "cpus=1" and "UsbFix=Yes" without quotes and hopefully you will be loading succesfully into OS X

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Install the Rc4 chameleon, the atom kernel, sata ahci support or something like that, i don't remember exactly, battery, apple ps/2 drivers, and whatever else you think it will need, but don't install any usb fixes or drivers. In the reboot write: "-v" "cpus=1" and "UsbFix=Yes" without quotes and hopefully you will be loading succesfully into OS X

Thanks, I'm going to try it now, I'll let you know.

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
OK it worked - booted into OSX. Going to start the process of testing and seeing what works/doesn't.

I think I may have to re-install. Neither USB, ethernet or wifi are working. It doesn't recognize any PCI ethernet cards installed.

Which ethernet option did you select when you installed, can you remember?

marco_rossi

marco_rossi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

OK it worked - booted into OSX. Going to start the process of testing and seeing what works/doesn't.

I think I may have to re-install. Neither USB, ethernet or wifi are working. It doesn't recognize any PCI ethernet cards installed.

Which ethernet option did you select when you installed, can you remember?

I installed the ethernet driver from the realtek website, it detects the ethernet (which is useless because there's no ethernet port) but the wifi doesn't work, probably it has something to do with airport and i can't enable the QE/CI. For the usb problems add the flag: "USBBusFix:Yes"

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

I installed the ethernet driver from the realtek website, it detects the ethernet (which is useless because there's no ethernet port) but the wifi doesn't work, probably it has something to do with airport and i can't enable the QE/CI. For the usb problems add the flag: "USBBusFix:Yes"

What do you mean there's no ethernet port? On mine there is.

What do you mean by 'add the flag'? A startup option? I can grab the realtek driver but I have no way of getting it on the mini currently. I've tried re-installing about 5 times today with various ethernet settings... no dice so far.

To the wifi - I've read it's not do-able on 10.6 but these threads were 1-2 years old so I'm not sure there's a fix yet.

Edit: ahhh - I think you mean add USBBusFix:Yes to the "-v -cpus=1 usbfix=yes" after reboot?

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Damn... still can't get either an ethernet connection or a wifi (obviously). USB still doesn't work even with the USBBusFix:Yes added to the boot option

marco_rossi

marco_rossi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Damn... still can't get either an ethernet connection or a wifi (obviously). USB still doesn't work even with the USBBusFix:Yes added to the boot option

Yeah i meant to add that option on the boot. Not sure why it doesn't work for you... are you sure you didn't installed any USB option? Try the -v and see if anything looks weird, any kind of error that would point us to why you can't use USB. On my netbook i don't have a ethernet port... it's only wireless for me, i really hope there's a fix for that.

nocopies

nocopies

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Yeah i meant to add that option on the boot. Not sure why it doesn't work for you... are you sure you didn't installed any USB option? Try the -v and see if anything looks weird, any kind of error that would point us to why you can't use USB. On my netbook i don't have a ethernet port... it's only wireless for me, i really hope there's a fix for that.

Same thing here. USB doesn't work, just my USB mouse.

Mine has a ethernet port (upper right corner), wifi doesn't work.

Is there any kext for wifi card?

HP MINI 110 3710la.

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Same thing here. USB doesn't work, just my USB mouse.

Mine has a ethernet port (upper right corner), wifi doesn't work.

Is there any kext for wifi card?

HP MINI 110 3710la.

As far as I know wifi does not work on the HP Mini 110 series with 10.6.x... need to drop down to 10.5 or swap the wifi card with an HP Mini 1000 wifi card.. apparently.

I started down the 10.5 stream yesterday cause I wanted wifi to work. I'm using iDeneb's v1.4 to try a 10.5 install as we speak. It apparently is fully functional with our series of Minis. Will advise... I think what's most challenging in all this is in my infamiliarity with any of the terms for anything. I'm still unsure what a kext is, although I think it's PC brother would be a driver... lol.

Marco - the ethernet plug is covered by a flap that you can detach. Should be there for all 3xxx series Minis.

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Well iDeneb 1.4 didn't work AT ALL via USB.... ugh what a process.

.. Trying the iDeneb v3 10.5.5 now.

No dice on 10.5.5

Trying 10.5.7 now...

Getting ridiculous....

OK Installing iDeneb v3 10.5.7 now, I would recommend you guys do the same - It seems to run much smoother and more responsive than SL.

I've read around here and elsewhere that a 10.5.7 install is fully functional. I'm hoping to get it to that myself....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy