[Help] Dell Vostro 3700 Snow Leopard 10.6

dmorell

4 posts in this topic

I have a Dell Vostro 3700 Laptop

Heres the following information

i5-460m Intel

4 gig Ram

Dell 07VWR8 Main Board HM57 Chipset

Intel HD Graphics(I think) That what CPU-Z shows. But Also shows Nvidia in system properties

DW1501 Half card wifi

IDT Audio

500gig sata drive.

I installed Snow leopard 10.6.

Booted with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], inserted SL 10.6, hit f5 and installed SL.

I downloaded vostro pack which had the kext files, chameleon loader, etc.

Loaded the chameleon loader, restarted the pc and chameleon shows up i hit enter and the pc restarts. have to boot using the [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] cd and then click the hd to boot.

The other issues are:

No Audio

Wifi doesn't work

Also tried to update to 10.6.8 and laptop froze and had to reinstall 10.6.

Any ideas?

install myhack 1.1.4 instead 'better for Sl than anything else' ,get ur devices chip name and search on Kexts.com then install them with Kext Util.

also about the updating ,update to 10.6.6 as its more staple than 10.6.8 and will give u everything u expect.

install myhack 1.1.4 instead 'better for Sl than anything else' ,get ur devices chip name and search on Kexts.com then install them with Kext Util.

also about the updating ,update to 10.6.6 as its more staple than 10.6.8 and will give u everything u expect.

Aufa,

Thanks.

So basically install 10.6 as normal. Load CHameoleon and then install myfix?

Is myfix for the boot issue?

I downloaded myhack 2.0 on my girls mac, ran the program and installed SL10.6 on my thumbdrive. Plugged in the thumbdrive in my dell vostro, started the laptop it f12 to boot from thumb and pressed enter and it keeps restarting.

Can anyone help?