10.7.1 in software Update

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

mitch_de

mitch_de

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 2,879 posts
Should work if you run the revisioner.pkg, which games with the 10.7.2 Cxx update.
EDIT: I did it. Now i am back busted to10.7.1 B26 (from 10.7.2 C37) - but all run as before.
EDIT2: FIRST major problem: Textedit is alway crashing - look my post a few pots later.
So the downgrade to 10.7.1 may give probe, because some system content may not work with 10.7.1 (kernel or other things) and only an final 10.7.2 combo may help (or get back to dev builds C37 and later until final 10.7.2 combo).
Kernel is little smaller (1 MB less from 15 MB) , i think dev builds like Cxx always have some more debug code in and/or may not so much speed/size optimized compiled. So even "backwards" maybe little better overall.

buoo

buoo

The Prodigal Son

• Moderators
  • 4,532 posts
I can not leave you ten minutes, another update, great! :)

mitch_de

mitch_de

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 2,879 posts
First problem (for me): Textedit always crashing now - some problem with an den lib / code signing.
But Textedit itself wasn't changed by 10.7.1! ?I
Can someone which also comes from 10.7.2 C37(C35) and updated to 10.7.1 verify that Textedit crash as common (also prob) or perhaps "my prob only" ?
EDIT: I tested virgin Textedit from 10.7.0 and it is not crashing. So either i have an corrupt textedit or ideed an problem with some 10.7.2 dev changes in textedit, even if same build number.

curlyboy

curlyboy

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts
Ive just updated to 10.7.1 and textedit is just fine here looks like it may just be your system

Attached Files

mitch_de

mitch_de

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 2,879 posts

Ive just updated to 10.7.1 and textedit is just fine here looks like it may just be your system

Thanks! But do you came also from 10.7.2 C37 (or C35) - older 10.7.2 build (B26) or orig. 10.7.0 may not give that problem.
But i fixed the textedit crash by using the virgin 10.7.0 textedit. Maybe real an corrupt textedit and nothing to do with downgrade to 10.7.1.

NEXT PROBLEM: MAIL didn't work anymore - and its now definitely an problem of 10.7.2 downgrade ;)
Also fixed by using virgin 10.7.0 mail.
So be warned - i don't think 10.7.2 > 10.7.1 will work out of the box with all Apps !

Attached Files

flAked

flAked

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
Downgrading is not really a good idea, especially when we have different updates for the new mac minis, those have a newer kernel. If everything is merged again in 10.7.2 and you had that installed, then doing a downgrade to 10.7.1 screams for trouble.

I would reinstall the 10.7.2 update and see if everything runs again.

So be warned - i don't think 10.7.2 > 10.7.1 will work out of the box with all Apps !

And to be honest it doesn't make too much sense to do that ;)

nyolc8

nyolc8

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts
Updated perfectly, all my kexts are in S/L/E and don't needed to do anything with them.

Larx

Larx

InsanelyMac Geek

• Donators
  • 223 posts
  • Interests:Music, hackintosh, mac
No problem with update here ! Perfect ! ;)

Attached Files

curlyboy

curlyboy

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Thanks! But do you came also from 10.7.2 C37 (or C35) - older 10.7.2 build (B26) or orig. 10.7.0 may not give that problem.
But i fixed the textedit crash by using the virgin 10.7.0 textedit. Maybe real an corrupt textedit and nothing to do with downgrade to 10.7.1.

NEXT PROBLEM: MAIL didn't work anymore - and its now definitely an problem of 10.7.2 downgrade :censored2:
Also fixed by using virgin 10.7.0 mail.

I downgraded to 10.7 then updated to 10.7.1

SuperHack

SuperHack

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
One important thing I noticed is that the update replaces NVDAGF100Hal.kext, so if you have a Nvidia card, you'll have to add the modified string again for better performance.

Plucka

Plucka

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
Updated, everything working, did have to remove sleep enabler kext from extras folder, otherwise it kernel panicked at grey screen boot.

Cheers, Plucka

smartie77

smartie77

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • Interests:Apple Software, iOS , OSX86, Creativity and a lot of non-tech stuff.
10.7 fresh install to 10.7.1 no problems. Only hexedited new Ati kexts for the Mobility 4650.. I am used to that ;)

Runs ok, but there are still the bugs in Quicktime and general bad performance.. 10.7.2 will adress all that ( and be warned : as i have been thru the dev betas I know that 10.7.2 will bring in lots of frameworks, lots of updated apps, and a load of kexts that you need to take care of , pci,usb,ahci,scsi,storage,hda,all graphics again, ) .. so 10.7.1 is easy but wait for what is to come then . back up kexts now for then is no bad idea :-)

CooSee

CooSee

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 572 posts
i'll stick with 10.7.2

Mac OS X Lion 10.7.2 (11C26)

i don't understand why apple release this update and not 10.7.2 ?

even the developers don't get any 10.7.1 :) !

i've no problems at all with above-mentioned version and every app is working, e.g mail, textedit etc.

i assume the big update will come out soon ;)

CooSee ' Ya

mnfesq

mnfesq

Emenef, Esquire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts
I downgraded from 10.7.2 (11C35) to 10.7.1 and encountered no problems. I just had to replace AppleHDA.kext.

myska

myska

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
Just applehda to replace otherwise everything is fine :) .

mitch_de

mitch_de

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 2,879 posts

I downgraded from 10.7.2 (11C35) to 10.7.1 and encountered no problems. I just had to replace AppleHDA.kext.

You will run in problems, earlier or later with some of the apps.
For example Mail (10.7.2) will not work, also lots of some other wried problems.
I went back to 10.7.2 C37 and wait for further dev builds and later update with 10.7.2 combo to final.

Sergio T.

Sergio T.

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
All working here, just had to reinstall AppleHDA Rollback, all set! Updated through Software Update.

STLVNUB

STLVNUB

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 1,086 posts
AppleHDA is updated so rollback is not really the way to go.
If you patched AppleHDA to get your audio to work, re-do what you did on the new AppleHDA.

Actually this could apply to any kext as well.

Updates are meant for a reason, rollback just defeats that purpose.
Just my .05 cents worth.

121fred

121fred

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
All good just replaced AppleHDA.kext.

mitch_de

mitch_de

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 2,879 posts

All good just replaced AppleHDA.kext.

If you have DSDT HDA fix with Layout ID 885 (i have Realtec 889A chip) its much better to use those 2 config .plists in the new AppleHDA / Ressources.
You have always newest HDA (no need to use old SL or patched older Lion HDA).
JUst copy updated Apple HDA on desktop, put those .plist in the right place and then reinstall that by using Kextwizard / Install into /system/extensions.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy