No replies to this topic

emisebastian

emisebastian

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi! everybody..

first of all i have a MBP 1.1 with my DVDReader BROKEN! so i just can use a USB memory

i'm kinda out of ideas.. for today.
0k here's the thing.. a year ago (maybe more) i've installed openSolaris like this http://bit.ly/50uAG
so..

now i try to install windowXP but fails to install with a bluescreen of death but then i realise that of course windows can't beacouse the partitions..

i use to have a 70Gi for MacOSX and 22Gi for openSolaris.. and my bro without knowing says i found another partition of 200M or so .. is "new" now and FAT
and i look and found that was EFI partition (i think!, not sure)

well DiskUtility (even commandline) and others App can't do nothing about it! i mean the only thing i can do was format..

i've start to get help on internet.. everywehere and the only thing i could do was that get some things work.. like diskUtility now can erase the second partition.. but fail to create a new one.. then did it but this is what i had right now.. i've fix some problems with gdisk and fdisk, could make boot ANY rescue distro but fail in boot in the second step.. i mean BOOT

weird things happend in my partition table but i don't know anymore
i fix the NO GPT partition table present and that now this is what i got

*** Report for internal hard disk ***Current GPT partition table: #      Start LBA      End LBA  Type 1             40     47375591  Mac OS X HFS+ 2       47637736     48047335  EFI System (FAT) 3       48309480    195109383  Mac OS X HFS+Current MBR partition table: # A    Start LBA      End LBA  Type 1              1           39  ee  EFI Protective 2 *           40     47375591  af  Mac OS X HFS+ 3       47637736     48047335  ef  EFI System (FAT) 4       48309480    195109383  af  Mac OS X HFS+MBR contents: Boot Code: Unknown, but bootablePartition at LBA 40: Boot Code: None File System: HFS Extended (HFS+) Listed in GPT as partition 1, type Mac OS X HFS+ Listed in MBR as partition 2, type af  Mac OS X HFS+, activePartition at LBA 47637736: Boot Code: None (Non-system disk message) File System: FAT32 Listed in GPT as partition 2, type EFI System (FAT) Listed in MBR as partition 3, type ef  EFI System (FAT)Partition at LBA 48309480: Boot Code: None File System: HFS Extended (HFS+) Listed in GPT as partition 3, type Mac OS X HFS+ Listed in MBR as partition 4, type af  Mac OS X HFS+

after i "fix" not complety! i use diskutil just beacuse i what to that utility make the partition table for it self and.. now i have a 2nd EFI..

and.. before i forget i that moment i was trying to make GPT "NOT" hybrid to could sucefull install win

somebody can't help me??

btw: when rEFIt appears on boot and choose the USB to boot winXP or Gparted-live or whatever says something like booting "Linux e.g" from HD < ???

tks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy