SL on HP Probook 6560b

tomlatiner

10 posts in this topic

Did anybody have success in installing SL on this kind of notebook. I am a quite good pc/win guy but a newbee to hackitsh, but I can read different forums and guide so please, don't tell me to

google around or search the forums, I DID that.

I tried different ways, like tonymacs [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]+10.6.3. DVD, Atkos S3 V2, Hazard 10.6.6.i gave the farest way to see SL on that NB. The installer will run through but after the restart with machine will not boot anywhere. I tried also to install Lien on the system with no success. As the spec of the Probook 6560b are quite similliar to the Probook 4530s I also tried some of these guides, with also no success. Here are the spec for the 6560b:

CPU: Core i5-2520M (2,5GHz) Sandybridge

Chipset: Intel HM65 Express

RAM: 8GB DDR3-1333

HDD: 500GB SATA in ACHI mode

Graphics:

Integrated: Intel® HD Graphics 3000

Discrete: AMD Radeon HD 6470M with 512 MB dedicated DDR3 video memory

Network interface:

Integrated Intel 82579LM Gigabit Network Connection (10/100/1000 NIC)

HP hs2340 HSPA+ Mobile Broadband

Intel Centrino 802.11b/g/n

HP Integrated Module with Bluetooth 2.1+EDR Wireless Technology

And different IO-Ports:

4 USB 2.0, 1 eSATA/USB 2.0 Combo, 1 external VGA monitor, 1 DisplayPort

1 stereo microphone in, 1 stereo headphone/line-out, 1 1394a, 1 serial, 1 RJ-11

1 RJ-45, 1 docking connector, 1 secondary battery connector

if the installer boots you should be able to boot the whole system after install. need a little bit more info then you supplied.

guess you miss some kexts. try to boot the installed system with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]

What I mean is:

1. when using Hazard 10.6.6i DVD I am able to do all necessary setup task, the installer will run through, but after the restart the screen turns black after the bootloader. The maschine will stuck even with -v option at that black screen. I will not see the nice splash video nor the registration form even on an external monitor.

2. [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] legacy and retail DVD 10.6.3. is even worse. I boot with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] legacy, swap the CD/DVDs and after a short access to the DVD the system shuts down, I mean, it powers off like a notebook without the battery.

@ Matty___

Please tell me, what information do you need more to give me a me a success story. I am trying this for over several month, before I had another notebook.

What I mean is:

1. when using Hazard 10.6.6i DVD I am able to do all necessary setup task, the installer will run through, but after the restart the screen turns black after the bootloader. The maschine will stuck even with -v option at that black screen. I will not see the nice splash video nor the registration form even on an external monitor.

2. [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] legacy and retail DVD 10.6.3. is even worse. I boot with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] legacy, swap the CD/DVDs and after a short access to the DVD the system shuts down, I mean, it powers off like a notebook without the battery.

@ Matty___

Please tell me, what information do you need more to give me a me a success story. I am trying this for over several month, before I had another notebook.

for 1. guess thats the way to go. boot off the dvd and at the bootloader choose the hd you installed lion on. Use -x as parameter before booting the HD.

This should load all the kext you need to get some kind of osx.

When it;s possible to get through the installer it shouldnt be to hard to get lion booting.

please try the latest release of the [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] cd. dont know what legacy disk is.

Are there any news or progress concerning 6560b model? My is i5 2410M, graphics AMD 6470M, 4GB... With SL no success, behaves like yours. Tried also Lion, but failed at the very beginning of install boot.

• 1 month later...

Hey, yes there are some news! The Lion is working on my notebook (See my signature for details).

Is anybody interested in the installation procedure?

Done with a USB Stick and a Boot-CD to take care of the notebooks "special" features.

No hope for getting it up and running for those models with a hybrid graphic (radeon/intel hd 3000)

My model is just a simpel intel hd graphics 3000 one!

Have a nice day! :thumbsup_anim:

hattmann

:D

Hey, yes there are some news! The Lion is working on my notebook (See my signature for details).

Done with a USB Stick and a Boot-CD to take care of the notebooks "special" features.

No hope for getting it up and running for those models with a hybrid graphic (radeon/intel hd 3000)

Have a nice day! :(

hattmann

YES. Im interested in the guide. I have got a similar notebook to yours. IT is an Hp probook 6560b

on a core i3 CPU. Can you kindly provide me with a full detailed instructions how you made it work. Many Thanks, Bath.

:(

YES. Im interested in the guide. I have got a similar notebook to yours. IT is an Hp probook 6560b

on a core i3 CPU. Can you kindly provide me with a full detailed instructions how you made it work. Many Thanks, Bath.

Have a nice day! :)

hattmann

yes, please!

I would like to try it out on mine, biut why is it not possible for the hybrid model?

ATI is supported by apple!

Thanks in advance.

T

yes, please!

I would like to try it out on mine, biut why is it not possible for the hybrid model?

ATI is supported by apple!

Thanks in advance.

T

Please can you give a step by step method of how you got it working ?

Thanks.

• 1 month later...