[solved]ACPI table not found:DSDT.aml

rakusson

15 posts in this topic

hi everyone,

I was following this link to install Lion 10.7 on my laptop .

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=262457

But I am stuck on this problem. I have attached the screenshot with the error. The error was

ACPI table not found: DSDT.aml

post-819882-1313353692_thumb.jpg

Your help will be highly appreciated. I have already spent many days trying to install Lion.

Install DSDTSE for windows extract dsdt.aml and put in /Extra folder.

Hi,

I did what you said but I got errors while compiling extracted DSDT.dsl file. There are few fixes for the error but not all. I also used Lavalys Everest ultimate edition to generate DSDT.bin but don't know how to convert this DSDT.bin to DSDT.asl. Is there any way around without using DSDT.aml during installation of Lion 10.7?

will highly appreciate your help.

p.s. I've uploaded the extracted DSDT.dsl (i've added .txt extension to be able to upload here) and compilation result file.

DSDT_compile_result.txt

dsdt.dsl.txt

I am stuck on this problem. I have attached the screenshot with the error. The error was

ACPI table not found: DSDT.aml

That's not an error message, it's a status message. It comes from the Chameleon bootloader, not from OS X itself. Chameleon shows that message when it doesn't find a DSDT.aml in your /Extra folder.

Patching your DSDT can improve compatibility but loading a patched DSDT is not (well, rarely) a requirement for running OS X.

If your hack stops booting at that message then something is wrong but it is unlikely that it has anything to do with DSDT.aml. It's more likely that there's a problem with what's supposed to happen right after that message, which is booting the OS itself.

Don't go crazy trying to patch your DSDT just yet, try to get the OS to boot first, or at least get the boot process to start. I can't tell from what little information you've posted what is wrong but I am ready to promise you that it has nothing to do with your (lack of a) DSDT.aml. OS X hasn't even begun to boot yet at this point.

DSDT.bin is DSDT.aml, just rename it. It's ready to decompile and work with.

Hi,

thanks for pointing out that. Actually, I had the impression that the files were loaded from OS X. Anyway, I was using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] disk to boot up as I was having problem with Chameleon. Today, I tried with Chameleon RC2-r640 but I got "cannot find mach_kernel" error or status. I think I need to overhaul my whole idea of installing Lion. I tried a lot to install Snow Leopard but failed and now moved to install Lion thinking it will support newer hardware that I have.

I will try again and will come back. Thanks for your reply.

That's not an error message, it's a status message. It comes from the Chameleon bootloader, not from OS X itself. Chameleon shows that message when it doesn't find a DSDT.aml in your /Extra folder.

Patching your DSDT can improve compatibility but loading a patched DSDT is not (well, rarely) a requirement for running OS X.

If your hack stops booting at that message then something is wrong but it is unlikely that it has anything to do with DSDT.aml. It's more likely that there's a problem with what's supposed to happen right after that message, which is booting the OS itself.

Don't go crazy trying to patch your DSDT just yet, try to get the OS to boot first, or at least get the boot process to start. I can't tell from what little information you've posted what is wrong but I am ready to promise you that it has nothing to do with your (lack of a) DSDT.aml. OS X hasn't even begun to boot yet at this point.

DSDT.bin is DSDT.aml, just rename it. It's ready to decompile and work with.

hi,

Thanks for your inspiring reply. It gave me a good insight about what I was doing, thereby, help me to address the problem. I did manage to go to the installation screen (choose language screen), however, I could not use my trackpad or keyboard.

I've a laptop and I've a standard PS/2 keyboard and ELAN PS/2 port input device(mouse) in my laptop (Acer emachine E730G). I tried using Voodoo ps2 controller kext with voodooPS2 prefpane but it didn't work either. so I'm basically stuck there now. I'm using Chameleon 2.0 RC5 r1083 (Olarila) bootloader.

Let me know if you have some advise for me. I will continue to find suitable kext. I do have installed Snow Leopard using vmware player 3.0 & my trackpad and keyboard works fine.

Can you share your solution, cause i have an Core i3 330M and i can boot the installer it reboots at the same line as it did with you.

hi,

If your bootloader is loading kexts and then restarting instead of passing command to Lion then there is probably problem with your bootloader or it could be your media (in my case a 8 gb Sandisk usb drive). When I was restoring Lion image to my Sandisk, i guess, it was not happening correctly that's why in was rebooting. At that time, I was using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] but now I'm booting with Chameleon 2.0 RC5 r1083 (Olarila) bootloader and it's fine. I'm able to go into the actual installtion. But since, I cannot use my trackpad (and dont have a usb mouse), only keyboard is working though, I'm unable to install Lion ;)

One more thing. I assume when you restore Lion's image on your usb, make sure to check the Erase Destination check box. When it is done, your usb drive name should be Mac OS X Base System. It might sound stupid, but the name didn't changed to Mac OS X Base System and I was unable to boot (this is one of my assumption). The reason could be cheap usb drive. My usb drive hunged several times during restoration.

When I restored correctly the image and used Chameleon bootloader, lo & behold, I succeed. I hope this will help you little bit. I must also thank Gringo Vermelho for his help that helped me to think otherway, otherwise I was lost.

last thing, I had bootloader installed in my another 1 gb usb drive & since, I have Snow Leopard installed on VMWare, I could regularly do experiments. I want to install Lion thinking it would support my processor, graphics card and yes it would be hell fast than running over vmware.

This dsdt is not original. Boot with DSDT=/abc and extract your dsdt original.

hi,

I managed to boot with that DSDT.aml. But, now I'm stuck on installed page. I've to format my drive to HFS+ but i can only use my keyboard but not my trackpad. So I cant reach Disk Utility menu. Can you tell me if I buy a usb mouse, will it works without any kext? I tried to use some kexts but I got 'still waiting for root device' then I changed back to voodoops2controller.kext and can boot upto installation page.

Do you have any suggestion for me?

Thanks, i'll erase my usb disk and restore the lion installer again. And i'll try to get chameleon working on my 4GB usb disk.

About the usb mouse, i think it should be working. Because your usb ports are working (you're booting from it), and the usb mouse should be recognized as a normal hid device.

I did use verbose boot, i see three potential failures (i could be wrong though).

1. ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::StartForReal - WatForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCpuPowerManagement)) timed out
2. ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::registerLPCDriver - failed to locate SMC driver
3. Waiting for DSMOS

hi,

I think you need fakeSMC.kext. download it and copy ‘FakeSMC.kext’ to System -> Library -> Extensions folder inside the USB drive. you can have a good look at this topic too

http://www.99bits.com/2011/03/how-to-insta...s-x-lion-on-pc/

Though I didnt follow all the instructions given above, i hope it will be very helpful to you.