ATI 4570 SpeedStep

Martuzki

15 posts in this topic

Hello! ;)

My GraphicCard runs finally great with QE/CI support. But i think that the card runs verry hot in my lapptop so the fan runs all the time.

Is there a chance to enable speed step for it? Speedstep for CPU works great.

Hello! :)

My GraphicCard runs finally great with QE/CI support. But i think that the card runs verry hot in my lapptop so the fan runs all the time.

Is there a chance to enable speed step for it? Speedstep for CPU works great.

Are you able to wake from sleep without the display becoming distorted(different colors, inverted colors etc)

Are you able to wake from sleep without the display becoming distorted(different colors, inverted colors etc)

No, sleep wont work. When I'm trying to activate sleep the display goes off but the laptop wont turn off... fan runs...

@soulcopy

Can you read? Try reading my siganture :P

No, sleep wont work. When I'm trying to activate sleep the display goes off but the laptop wont turn off... fan runs...

@soulcopy

Can you read? Try reading my siganture ;)

I had the same issue but after struggling and searching for a solution found out that by pmset our hibernate mode to 0 i was able to put my lappy to sleep. Try it out.

Hmm...okay. But when i run the command nohing happens...

DSDT with 3 Speedstep is in /E/

CPU min Freq.: 1,20ghz (600mhz in DSDT)

what was said here will not help you with the gpu fan..

You need NO DSDt ( wont harm if you have one, but it is not needed for what you want )

Has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH THE CPU , if Speedstep works or not, if you use vanilla or Nullcpu..

The solution is very simple.. ONE kext in Snow/lion controls the fan of the graphics-card :

AppleGraphicsPowermanagement.kext

this sits in /S/L/E and Info.plist inside has ALL Macintosh machines and their Graphics listed.. Also the various powersettings ( fan-speeds ) for the cards..

So OSX looks what Mac it runs on ( On a Hack = SMBIOS.plist in Extra identifies the Mac Model .. ) , and decides according to the SMBIOS which graphics-support it will turn on, i.e. how to handle the load for the graphics-card and how to control the fan in it..

So, solution is to use a SMBIOS of a Mac that really ships with such a , or a very close / similar gpu, or to use a modded AppleGraphicsPowermanagement.kext ( rename inside kexts info.plist the MacModel ID that has 4570like card to MacModel-ID your SMBIOS uses ).

Sounds complicated ? it is not. Start with the easy method, to use SMBIOS.plist of a compatible Mac.

I suggest to try SMBIOS.plist of iMac9,1 - iMac10,1 or iMac11,1 ( have Ati Mobility Radeon HD 4670 fanspeeds in ApplegraphicsPowermanagement.kext -- should match the 45xx gpu,too )

Have Fun ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, I have a Dell Studio 1555 (With ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570 Graphics Card, id:0x9553) laptop and trying to make my external monitor (HDMI) work. I tried some kext files but I always had a black screen with white lines at the end. Everything else works good except the HDMI port. Anyone has the right kext files for this card?

I have OSX 10.6.6 installed. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm on Mountaion Lion and I can't get the AppleGraphicsPowermanagement.kext to load. I've tried iMac9,1, iMac10,1, iMac11,1, MacPro3,1. With MacPro5,1 the kext is loaded, but I get a kernel panic. I have ATI Radeon 4330 Mobility Hd.