Dell Vostro 330 : DSDT need help!

hs5iwz

20 posts in this topic

Hello moderator,

I see you have separate the dsdt section. May I ask for your help to check out my dsdt.

I have Dell Vostro 330, a Arrandale i3-380M with HM57 desktop. It's Intel internal graphics with a pretty cool 1920x1080 res in Win7.

I have installed lion 10.7 - 10.7.2 on it with 1280x1024 res only. I use Chimera 1.4 (C-rc5 877).

I wanna try dsdt boot by compiling the original dsdt using DSDTSE. After I installed to /Extra it seem to me that there are no different on booting w or w/o dsdt. I there any thing wrong or not wrong?

Would you please take a look in the attached file for me. THX :D

Archive.zip

try it

dsdt.02.zip

post a photo

Hi MaLd0n. Million thx mannnnn.

I try this one, put in Extra, deleted Cache and booted.

Still the KP as seen in attachment. :)

If it stuck at Voodoo kext, do we need to remove?

BTW I use macdrive to copy/move lion file(s) in Win7, which help a lot.

post-376090-1313375053_thumb.jpg

KP is VoodooHda

use AppleHdaDisabler in S/L/E

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=91708

Hi there, I did remove VoodooHDA and reinstall AppleHDADisabler into S/L/E. The sound kext is loaded.

and there is no error at boot from both dsdt.aml you gave. (I have tried both to inform you.)

Unluckily I lost my sound either. How can I get it back?

Indeed thanks for your very prompt advices, MaLd0n. :D

use VoodooHda + AppleHdaDisabler

or remove HDEF in DSDT

Ha ha how simple they are. OK it's work fine with your modified dsdt.

I wanna go on try to get QE/CI for this Arrandale CPU.

I hope I can get through with next step dsdt modification.

:D

• 2 months later...
Hello moderator,

I see you have separate the dsdt section. May I ask for your help to check out my dsdt.

I have Dell Vostro 330, a Arrandale i3-380M with HM57 desktop. It's Intel internal graphics with a pretty cool 1920x1080 res in Win7.

I have installed lion 10.7 - 10.7.2 on it with 1280x1024 res only. I use Chimera 1.4 (C-rc5 877).

I wanna try dsdt boot by compiling the original dsdt using DSDTSE. After I installed to /Extra it seem to me that there are no different on booting w or w/o dsdt. I there any thing wrong or not wrong?

Would you please take a look in the attached file for me. THX :D

hey man i have the same exact setup you have and i currently run iAtkos s3 v3 Snow Leopard 10.6.3 and im trying to upgrade to lion. however i cant seem to upgrade to 10.6.6/7/or 8 without running into Kernal panics or stalls.. can you please tell me how you got it to run lion.? ive been at it and i cant seem to get it to run right....thanks a lot. =]

hey man i have the same exact setup you have and i currently run iAtkos s3 v3 Snow Leopard 10.6.3 and im trying to upgrade to lion. however i cant seem to upgrade to 10.6.6/7/or 8 without running into Kernal panics or stalls.. can you please tell me how you got it to run lion.? ive been at it and i cant seem to get it to run right....thanks a lot. =]

/Extra/smbios.plist likely missing.. and /Extra/dsdt.aml

/Extra/smbios.plist likely missing.. and /Extra/Extensions/dsdt.aml

yeah i don't have either one can i download these files somewhere? also im not familiar with the dsdt i read somewhere it has to be custom or something to that accord idk. thanks for you reply btw its greatly appreciated. and i used to live in tampa too dude. =]

• 2 months later...

Still a no go with this setup. i decided to go Retail and i installed osx 10.6 and upgraded to 10.6.2. which is as far as i can get. if i try anything above 10.6.2 i get a grey box that automatically tells me to restart my computer so i cant use [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] after. its been very frustrating for me. i would like to know if i can upgrade to lion without having to get 10.6.6 with the app store. or at least if i can upgrade to 10.6.8 ill be content.

any help at all is very appreciated thanks.