Sucessfully installed but can't boot it

KireD

25 posts in this topic

Thanks for the reply! I searched but i only found how to patch an existing and functioning DSDT file on MAC and i can't even boot. How can i make one and how i put it on the MAC files knowing my windows install doesn't access the MAC partition?

Thanks!

Derik

Thanks for the reply! I searched but i only found how to patch an existing and functioning DSDT file on MAC and i can't even boot. How can i make one and how i put it on the MAC files knowing my windows install doesn't access the MAC partition?

Thanks!

Derik

I highly recommend read this:

http://aserebln.blogspot.com/search/label/Ubuntu

It's the way I have been extracting DSDT and I have done it for 4 different computers.

It easy but it take a little time.

I highly recommend read this:

http://aserebln.blogspot.com/search/label/Ubuntu

It's the way I have been extracting DSDT and I have done it for 4 different computers.

It easy but it take a little time.

Hi! Thanks for the reply! But it has to be on Ubuntu? I mean, i could create a partition and install it, but I'd prefer not to. And it worked without problems on the 4 computers? Where they AMD?

Thanks!!

Hi! Thanks for the reply! But it has to be on Ubuntu? I mean, i could create a partition and install it, but I'd prefer not to. And it worked without problems on the 4 computers? Where they AMD?

Thanks!!

You can download for free Ubuntu from the website

All the procedures showed on the website I gave you can be made from the Live CD without do any installation, I also do it on that way so I don't need to install it for follow the steps.

And nope, there were not AMD computers.

I tried once on an AMD computer but I failed terribly, yet the problem with the AMD computer I tried was more related to the video card than the processor it self, so don't give up about it.

You can download for free Ubuntu from the website

All the procedures showed on the website I gave you can be made from the Live CD without do any installation, I also do it on that way so I don't need to install it for follow the steps.

And nope, there were not AMD computers.

I tried once on an AMD computer but I failed terribly, yet the problem with the AMD computer I tried was more related to the video card than the processor it self, so don't give up about it.

Thx again for the help! BUT it didn't worked.. It says there is no such file and generates an empty dsdt.aml on desktop. What should i do?

Derik

Thx again for the help! BUT it didn't worked.. It says there is no such file and generates an empty dsdt.aml on desktop. What should i do?

Derik

well, thats quite weird. Are you sure the dsdt.aml is empty? You can post it so we can check it out.

I suggest first to post ALL your computer specs, after that we can check it out or wait one of the gurus here can offer some help with that information, without that information we can do little but guess.

Also, post which procedure are you using to instal SL:

1) is it a retail DVD?

2) are you using a distribution (such as iATKOS)?

What you do after the installation is complete?.

In the meanwhile you can check out here some thread related:

http://www.google.com.mx/search?client=saf...cNuiwsALltIH3Bg

well, thats quite weird. Are you sure the dsdt.aml is empty? You can post it so we can check it out.

I suggest first to post ALL your computer specs, after that we can check it out or wait one of the gurus here can offer some help with that information, without that information we can do little but guess.

Also, post which procedure are you using to instal SL:

1) is it a retail DVD?

2) are you using a distribution (such as iATKOS)?

What you do after the installation is complete?.

In the meanwhile you can check out here some thread related:

http://www.google.com.mx/search?client=saf...cNuiwsALltIH3Bg

Again, thanks for the help! Well, I'm not 100% sure it is empty, but when i try to decompile it, it says "Could not get table from the file" and also the file has 0 bytes.

SPECS:

Phenom II X4 965

Crosshair IV Formula

4GB Corsair Dominator-GT 1600

ATI HD 5770

HD Barracuda 7200.11 1,5TB Seagate

700W OCZ ModXStreamPro

I'm using SL 10.6.6i by Hazard (is that what you asked? xD)

And after the installation is complete i do nothing '-' I just hit "OK" for the reboot and it never gets to boot again..

Thx again

Derik

try this

double click it to install the deb first on ubnutu deb.tar.gz (extract first then install)

after it has installed, run those commends on terminal

cd /home/ubuntu/Desktop

sudo acpidump -t DSDT -b -odsdt.dsl

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install iasl

sudo iasl -d dsdt.dsl

try this

double click it to install the deb first on ubnutu deb.tar.gz (extract first then install)

after it has installed, run those commends on terminal

cd /home/ubuntu/Desktop

sudo acpidump -t DSDT -b -odsdt.dsl

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install iasl

sudo iasl -d dsdt.dsl

Thx for the reply. But it won't install. I've a Phenom II and this is i368.

hey man look i didn't read the hole thread till now just instruct you in how to extract

i honestly don't know why you even get this message cause as far as i know DSDT override is not a MUST, especially for AMD since those applying only basic patches to their DSDT, though even then it not just a clean dsdt,it's one with some patches on it. (i could be wrong on all this, cause i have zero experience with AMD)

anyway, if this will help, the file need to be either on root of osx partition (/), or on /Extra

if you can't access your mac partition, you can try macdrive or something to read hfs from windows

hope this helps

hey man look i didn't read the hole thread till now just instruct you in how to extract

i honestly don't know why you even get this message cause as far as i know DSDT override is not a MUST, especially for AMD since those applying only basic patches to their DSDT, though even then it not just a clean dsdt,it's one with some patches on it. (i could be wrong on all this, cause i have zero experience with AMD)

anyway, if this will help, the file need to be either on root of osx partition (/), or on /Extra

if you can't access your mac partition, you can try macdrive or something to read hfs from windows

hope this helps

Thanks for the reply. I already managed to get the file... Now i need to put it on the Mac partition from Windows or Ubuntu and i can't find a program to do that. Already tried 3 programs and 2 failed to see the partition and one was only able to read it. No one knows a program to do that? (Write on Mac partition from Windows or Ubuntu)

Thanks

OK! So, i managed to put the file on the Mac partition (with "Paragon Hard Disk Manager", MacDrive wouldn't see the partition) and I think it worked, because now i get other error

Now I get

"Memory allocation error! Addr=0xdeadbeef, Size=0x0, File=pci_root.c, Line=88"

IMAGE: http://goo.gl/JaJXv

Thanks again for all that are trying to help and I'm waiting for a reply =)

the DSDT file weight 0 bytes, means there is nothing in it. something went wrong in the dsdt extraction

i would suggest you to try out a windows live cd/usb with Everest ultimate to extract it, maybe will help

Yeah I did the compilation again and noticed that I get 201 errors (all "Object is not accessible from this scope" errors) and my Terminal fills with errors. Also the file again has 0 bytes. So what should i do? Can a fix this Object not accessible or should i try it from windows - in this case, how i do it?

Thanks!

EDIT:

I did that and Everest gave me a .bin file... Is that correct? Thx!