NEW user "hi!".... Possibly simple solutions PLEASE HELP

QbAnYtO

83 posts in this topic

Hello everybody! great to be part of the scene!

I'm having an ANNOYING issue. well several issues. i'm not sure whats causing it.

MY SPECS are in the my sig.

I've install my snow leopard and followed ALL directions CLOSELY and precise.

i'm currently typing this FROM my newly built mackintosh but i have several issues that i need to fix.

1. can only shut down properly every now and then. usually the os just freezes when shutting down. also i can't sleep. I heard about sleep enabler but i also read that it panics 64-bit systems. which is what i have.

2. recently safari crashes like crazy. (i will update safari to see if it fixes it)

3. KERNAL PANICS when booting from HDD and SOMETIMES when booting from [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url].

and last but NOT least…

4. i can't boot from hardrive cause i get kernel panics!!!!

i MUST use [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and even then with i boot i get kernel panics (sometimes).

i've installed proper kexts and drivers from multicast. am i missing something?

any help will be highly appreciated!!!

need this up and running :)

i'm really excited about this scene and can't wait to help others by learning what you guys teach me :dev:

my specs are in my sig. i'll be hear all night :)

THANKS!!

i forgot to mention:

i cant read fat32 external hard rives for some reason

sounds like you run without a custom DSDT, can't promise it will cure all your problems, but most of them will vanish

you can generate one with Mald0n's Great DSDT-Auto patcher.

http://olarila.com/auto-patcher/aplist.pl

(you need to extract clean one first from windows or linux live cd)

for more information go to dsdt section to understand what I'm talking about.

just to simplify things, a good patched dsdt will load some unpatched drivers (kexts) not been loaded before,

will make system more stable and will be one step closer to behave as a real mac

sounds like you run without a custom DSDT, can't promise it will cure all your problems, but most of them will vanish

you can generate one with Mald0n's Great DSDT-Auto patcher.

http://olarila.com/auto-patcher/aplist.pl

(you need to extract clean one first from windows or linux live cd)

for more information go to dsdt section to understand what I'm talking about.

just to simplify things, a good patched dsdt will load some unpatched drivers (kexts) not been loaded before,

will make system more stable and will be one step closer to behave as a real mac

hmm.... i DID use A custom dsdt. but i will give this autopatcher a try.

i updated my bios to FF (from FE) and it rendered non working hackintosh. so i downgraded back to FE and i'm up and running again.

so this autopatcher.... i extract from windows? then run it on the mac?

gota conflicting error :? i'm running the MAC autopatcher. i tried the windows auto pather but a dos like window popped up and disappeared. any advice?

here the error i get when trying to auto patch from the mac autpatcher:

23:20:45: Trying to download available patches...

23:20:46: Data successfully downloaded.

23:20:58: Pack Gigabyte - GA X58A-UD3R selected.

23:21:12: Trying to download patch...

23:21:12: Patch file successfully downloaded.

23:21:12: Extracting system DSDT...

23:21:13: Decompiling DSDT...

23:21:13: Parsing DSL code...

23:21:13: Applying patches...

23:21:14: Saving the new DSL file...

23:21:14: Compiling and checking compiler errors...

23:21:14: First compile errors: 14

23:21:14: Fixing errors...

23:21:15: Second compile errors: 12

23:21:15: Compiling again...

23:21:15: Third compile errors: 12

23:21:15: Errors persisted all fixing tentatives, please post this log at olarila.com forums

[[Line 227 type Error message Object does not exist (\_SB.PCI0.PX40.AG3E)], [Line 233 type Error message Object does not exist (\_SB.PCI0.PX40.AG3E)], [Line 339 type Error message Object does not exist (\_SB.PCI0.HDEF)], [Line 5072 type Error message Name already exists in scope (BUS0)], [Line 5075 type Error message Name already exists in scope (_ADR)], [Line 5119 type Error message Name already exists in scope (_DSM)], [Line 5474 type Error message Object not found or not accessible from scope (PCI0.EXPL)], [Line 5476 type Error message Object is not accessible from this scope (_HID)], [Line 5477 type Error message Object is not accessible from this scope (_UID)], [Line 5478 type Error message Object is not accessible from this scope (_CRS)], [Line 5480 type Error message Object is not accessible from this scope (BUF0)], [Line 5487 type Error message Object is not accessible from this scope (BUF0)]]

23:21:15: Aborted, compilation failed

any advice? thanks!

any advice? thanks!

first, i think upgrading to latest BIOS is always good, and if it produces 'non working' hackintosh, then you might just configured things incorrectly.

remember to put hdd to AHCI mode, if you have to" enable HPET" then do it also, and put power mode to S3 and not S1.

thats most things for correct BIOS.

what exactly happened when upgrading the bios? boot with -v and post a photo

for the DSDT-auto patcher, i would suggest you going to Mald0n's Auto-Patcher Thread for all your problems, as he is the maker of this app

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=235523

first, i think upgrading to latest BIOS is always good, and if it produces 'non working' hackintosh, then you might just configured things incorrectly.

remember to put hdd to AHCI mode, if you have to" enable HPET" then do it also, and put power mode to S3 and not S1.

thats most things for correct BIOS.

what exactly happened when upgrading the bios? boot with -v and post a photo

for the DSDT-auto patcher, i would suggest you going to Mald0n's Auto-Patcher Thread for all your problems, as he is the maker of this app

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=235523

yes my settings are just like you mentioned.

i've been trying the whole verbose thing. how do i do it? at bios screen type in "-v" (minus sign and the letter V)?

and take a photo with my camera i presume? cause i know i can't take a screenshot, can i?

also i noticed on the VERY TOP of the screen, right before booting to [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] (i still can't boot from hdd) theres a message that says something like "error boot-rom something something vendor". i can't read it throughly since that specific screen pops up for only a split second. literally. i'll try recording it and making a still frame from it.

will fixing this with autopatcher finally allow me to boot from hdd? and fix my inability to put the pc to sleep? tanks!

if you are using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] to boot your system, then first you don't use DSDT, you use what boot have for loading all kind of systems.

for you to boot from hdd, you need to install one of the boot loaders (chameleon preferred), and to put things you need for booting in /Extra (most important thing is FakeSMC.kext placed on /Extra/Extentions)

next things is to create a boot.plist file (either com.apple or new name for newer chameleon version, "org.chameleon"), there you can configure which dsdt to load, what arch to use, and more.

google for those

how to install chameleon to hdd

or

how to install chameleon to efi partition.

you will find plenty information :(

for the verbose, all you need to do, whether it's from [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] or chameleon, at boot prompt (where you chose the drive to load) press any key to stop the boot sequence and write down "-v" (without "") then you'll have verbose boot

if you are using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] to boot your system, then first you don't use DSDT, you use what boot have for loading all kind of systems.

for you to boot from hdd, you need to install one of the boot loaders (chameleon preferred), and to put things you need for booting in /Extra (most important thing is FakeSMC.kext placed on /Extra/Extentions)

next things is to create a boot.plist file (either com.apple or new name for newer chameleon version, "org.chameleon"), there you can configure which dsdt to load, what arch to use, and more.

google for those

how to install chameleon to hdd

or

how to install chameleon to efi partition.

you will find plenty information :D

for the verbose, all you need to do, whether it's from [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] or chameleon, at boot prompt (where you chose the drive to load) press any key to stop the boot sequence and write down "-v" (without "") then you'll have verbose boot

wowsers. ok lemme try this!!!!

so i had another peak at that message i was talking about... i saw it said something like this:

"Warning: Have option ROM can not be invoke (Vendor ID etc etc)"

what does that mean?

i'll get that snapshot for you REAL soon. let me try this chameleon thing

ok i installed chameleon using the auto installer and when i tried booting from hardrive the screen went black and the hardrive/fan start getting loud...i think it cursed at me :)

so maybe i was supposed to chosed "LS120"? instead of HARDDISK at boot option screen?

ok, couple of things.

first, you need chameleon for radeon, search you will find

second, make your DSDT!

after those done, install chameleon to your osx partition

Create a folder called "Extra" on your Root drive (if you have one already it's ok)

in the Extra folder you need to put some files.

com.apple.boot.plist (or org.chameleon.apple.plist - for newer chameleon) = this is your boot setting file, in here, you need to put line for GraphicsEnabler=y (search how to config the boot, or use lizard/chameleon prefpane)

smbios.plist = this will define your hack, cpu, memory type, which "mac,pro" you have, but all those just for cosmetic, it will work fine with or without

DSDT.aml = this also need to placed here, create one using auto-patcher, if you have any problems with it go to meld0n thread he will help you out!

now you need a folder inside Extra called "Extensions"

on this folder, you need to put AT-LEAST FakeSMC.kext! this is the minimum for ANY hackintosh

if you need more things, like ps2 support, injectors, or anythings else, it goes there

you need to build an mkext for the Extensions folder, you can do it with app called "MKextTool" drag the kexts in Extensions folder to the app and create the mkext, then put it in /Extra

that's it, you have your Extra folder ready, now let's test if it work

1735074[/url]']

ok, couple of things.

first, you need chameleon for radeon, search you will find

second, make your DSDT!

after those done, install chameleon to your osx partition

Create a folder called "Extra" on your Root drive (if you have one already it's ok)

in the Extra folder you need to put some files.

com.apple.boot.plist (or org.chameleon.apple.plist - for newer chameleon) = this is your boot setting file, in here, you need to put line for GraphicsEnabler=y (search how to config the boot, or use lizard/chameleon prefpane)

smbios.plist = this will define your hack, cpu, memory type, which "mac,pro" you have, but all those just for cosmetic, it will work fine with or without

DSDT.aml = this also need to placed here, create one using auto-patcher, if you have any problems with it go to meld0n thread he will help you out!

now you need a folder inside Extra called "Extensions"

on this folder, you need to put AT-LEAST FakeSMC.kext! this is the minimum for ANY hackintosh

if you need more things, like ps2 support, injectors, or anythings else, it goes there

you need to build an mkext for the Extensions folder, you can do it with app called "MKextTool" drag the kexts in Extensions folder to the app and create the mkext, then put it in /Extra

that's it, you have your Extra folder ready, now let's test if it work

Wow. Ok!

I DO have all these FOLDERS so I guess I'll just add these files. Thing is I already tried installing chameleon with the chameleon auto installer. But I have no idea of it installed or not and don't know how to use since I can't find it. Or should I just installing using the terminal method?

Also can I get the dsdt from tonymac dsdt generator? Or do I HAVE to use the auto patched. Also when upgrading the motherboard firmware, do i have to upgrade the dsdt file as well?

Thanks! Will try the instructions now!

thing is with tonymac DSDT is it's not yours.

sometimes DSDT from same motherboard can still cause problem, because of other variation of hardware (RAM, Graphics, and more)

Best is to first obtain clean DSDT for YOUR hardware, this can be done either with windows or linux or ubnutu, search you will find plenty information ("extract DSDT").

after you have your OWN clean without any patches DSDT, you can use the auto-patcher, it will create the file you need in order to get your system up and running

if you want to know more about what exactly DSDT patches do, search, you will figure it out eventually ;)

But for the meantime let's stick with what we already have, the auto-patcher

if you used installer then you might have everything installed already,

you can't 'find' it to lunch or something.

it through the boot process if you haven't figure out till now..

when u choose to boot from you OSX HD, you should get to chameleon boot loader screen.

if you haven't then something might be wrong with the installer,

if so, do the terminal method, as this is manual process and YOU have the control over the installation..

hope this helps

Thank you so much for staying with me lol

I'm at work but I'm gathering up all this info to do it when I get home. Can I extract the dsdt through a Mac at all? If not then I will use windows. Can I use a virtual windows to extract the dsdt (vmfusion windows 7)?

nope, must be done from linux or windows

ah ok. so i'll do it from vm fusion windows 7?

quick question, even though my hackintosh SAYS 4gb of ram, am i USING the actual 6gb i have installed?

activity monitor also says only 4 but bios screen says 3 modules of 2 gb each????

WOW that REALLY sucks. i don't have a pc. what if i dual boot windows???? can i do it from there?

thats why i said linux, it could be done with any linux live CD, so no need to install anything

just google "extract DSDT from linux" :)

thats why i said linux, it could be done with any linux live CD, so no need to install anything

just google "extract DSDT from linux" :)

oh really? noWAY ok lemme download that live cd ASAP!

also gota find the instructions lol google is my friend

oh really? noWAY ok lemme download that live cd ASAP!

also gota find the instructions lol google is my friend

ok so i tried this and as expected, it failed.

i tried this guide here:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=...it=extract+DSDT

but it kept telling me "no file directory exist"

ugh!!!!!! so frustrating!

i'm going to try reinstalling the FE firmware for my bios/ and also looking up efi installations and videos. is that a good idea?

ok let me try with ubnutu, i will return with answer quick.

also, you still haven't told me what exactly happen when upgrading BIOS, and we still haven't made any progress so why the rush? don't worry we will figure it out.

ALSO, what exactly you mean by EFI? you need to be specific,

there are EFI strings, to make hardware be recognized by osx - if possible (most cases), or just for cosmetic purposes

there is EFI partition (which you can install your boot loader to it, so it's not part of the system partition, so if anything happen to your system partition, your boot loader will remain ready to boot any osx.

and there is the EFI environment that has nothing to do with PC, this is basically what mac have instead of PC's BIOS.

so what EFI exactly are you trying to "install"?

--------------

EDIT:

OK so i just tried the method you tried and also had error.

however, i find very easy way to dump your dsdt

first, i have done it with ubnutu, but i think this deb, and commends work also on any linux

so i'm attaching a deb, you double click it to install deb.tar.gz (extract first then install)

after it has installed, run those commends on terminal

cd /home/ubuntu/Desktop

sudo acpidump -t DSDT -b -odsdt.dsl

sudo iasl -d dsdt.dsl

this will create a dsdt.dsl file for ou on desktop, after that use auto-pathcer

ok let me try with ubnutu, i will return with answer quick.

also, you still haven't told me what exactly happen when upgrading BIOS, and we still haven't made any progress so why the rush? don't worry we will figure it out.

ALSO, what exactly you mean by EFI? you need to be specific,

there are EFI strings, to make hardware be recognized by osx - if possible (most cases), or just for cosmetic purposes

there is EFI partition (which you can install your boot loader to it, so it's not part of the system partition, so if anything happen to your system partition, your boot loader will remain ready to boot any osx.

and there is the EFI environment that has nothing to do with PC, this is basically what mac have instead of PC's BIOS.

so what EFI exactly are you trying to "install"?

--------------

EDIT:

OK so i just tried the method you tried and also had error.

however, i find very easy way to dump your dsdt

first, i have done it with ubnutu, but i think this deb, and commends work also on any linux

so i'm attaching a deb, you double click it to install deb.tar.gz (extract first then install)

after it has installed, run those commends on terminal

cd /home/ubuntu/Desktop

sudo acpidump -t DSDT -b -odsdt.dsl

sudo iasl -d dsdt.dsl

this will create a dsdt.dsl file for ou on desktop, after that use auto-pathcer

hmm.. ok i'l give this a try.

about the efi. i was told to "boot from hdd by using a efi". whatever that means. they weren't specific :/

so after i type down these commands, do i press ENTER after each? or do i type them all together then press enter? i'm sure its the first way ;)

i'll be using ubuntu (good thing i didn't throw it away out of anger lol) so i'm sure it will work. you used the latest ubuntu right??

the rush? well i just want to be able to put this beast to sleep and boot without the cd. i guess its more of a picky thing. i rather keep booting from a cd than {censored} up my system, thats for sure!!! lmao!

ok lemme try this ubuntu thanggggggg

hmm.. ok i'l give this a try.

about the efi. i was told to "boot from hdd by using a efi". whatever that means. they weren't specific :/

so after i type down these commands, do i press ENTER after each? or do i type them all together then press enter? i'm sure its the first way :)

i'll be using ubuntu (good thing i didn't throw it away out of anger lol) so i'm sure it will work. you used the latest ubuntu right??

the rush? well i just want to be able to put this beast to sleep and boot without the cd. i guess its more of a picky thing. i rather keep booting from a cd than {censored} up my system, thats for sure!!! lmao!

ok lemme try this ubuntu thanggggggg

well i tried it and it says "Wrong architecture 'i386'".

any ideas?

well i tried it and it says "Wrong architecture 'i386'".

any ideas?

OK, so they ware talking about EFI partition, but it wil produce same thing as booting from OSX partition, so until you have all the things you need for booting it's recommended to boot from osx partition,after we will done here then it's recommended to install the boot loader to EFI partition to not mass things up.

after we done, search for "how to install chameleon to EFI partition" here or on google, you will find plenty information ;)

so for now, until we end all, your only way of booting seems to be throw CD, that's fine, but far from perfect, cause those boot CD are mainly for installation of OSX, not booting with it, since it does not have the things you need for YOUR system.

now at which part exactly are you getting the error? (which of the 3 commends?), are you trying with 64 bit ubnutu or 32 bit? (i used latest ubnutu 32 bit for this)

last, you still haven't told me what exactly happening when you upgrade your BIOS

OK, so they ware talking about EFI partition, but it wil produce same thing as booting from OSX partition, so until you have all the things you need for booting it's recommended to boot from osx partition,after we will done here then it's recommended to install the boot loader to EFI partition to not mass things up.

after we done, search for "how to install chameleon to EFI partition" here or on google, you will find plenty information ;)

so for now, until we end all, your only way of booting seems to be throw CD, that's fine, but far from perfect, cause those boot CD are mainly for installation of OSX, not booting with it, since it does not have the things you need for YOUR system.

now at which part exactly are you getting the error? (which of the 3 commends?), are you trying with 64 bit ubnutu or 32 bit? (i used latest ubnutu 32 bit for this)

last, you still haven't told me what exactly happening when you upgrade your BIOS

oh i'm sorry. i keep forgetting.

ok yea i went ahead and updated my bios to FF (again) but i did it correctly this time. i didn't realize the updating the bios RESETS the bios configurations. so i edit all those to their respective settings. so now i'm currently typing this on an upgraded bios.still no boot from hdd tho. i finally found chameleon (all i had to do was boot from hdd duuhh lol) i see the goofy ass looking chameleon and i hit "enter". it loads the gray apple screen and boom! (drum rolls) KERNAL PANIC :)

actually to be honest i didn't know there was a 64bit ubuntu.... let me check while i'm typing this...

ok yea, i downloaded the file called "ubuntu-11.04-desktop-amd64" so thats 64 bit correct?

cause the 32 bit versions is called "ubuntu-11.04-desktop-i386"

so i guess i did use the 64bit one.

so where to from here?

i got my latest bios up and running so thats good. but i see no improvements (or issues) just runs the same. so is there another way to dump that dsdt?