Installing Mac OSX Lion on HP DV6-6090ee Sandy Bridge

skystar3

22 posts in this topic

Hello,

I am trying to install Lion on my HP DV6-6090ee

I did the following procedure:

1- downloaded Mac OS X 10.7 Lion (Final Retail)(.dmg file)

2- downloaded X-Flash for Lion and followed the instructions in the file which is:

1. Create new HFS+ volume with MBR partition type on USB ?ash drive

2. Uncheck "Ignore ownership..." option of created new volume

3. Mount InstallESD.dmg

[/Applications/Install Mac OS X Lion.app/Contents/SharedSupport/InstallESD.dmg]

4. Drag-and-Drop created new volume to X-Flash.app

5. Wait for completion

6. Add KEXTs to /Extra/Extensions directory (You must choose KEXTs for your PC)

7. Add DSDT.aml to /Extra directory (if required)

8. Edit com.apple.Boot.plist (if required)

9. Replace mach_kernel (if required)

10. Replace boot (if required)

11. Install "MBREnabler.pkg" to created media (if required)

3- the Extensions I used are in the X-Flash for Lion file

4- DSDT.aml filed I used from second post from MaLd0n

5- i didn't edit com.apple.Boot.plist

6- i used this kernel from Kernel 10.8 Appleworm posted in DV6-6090es 6770M DSDT, Por si alguien sabe como hacer el switching...

7- i didn't replace boot

8- i edited smbios.plist to MacBookPro8,1

Finally i booted from the created USB flash media & i stopped at this message:

Message i got

I do not have that kind of laptop but from what I have read on a closer model, you should try disabling the ati card in bios (sorry I do not how you would have to do that), it might seem to solve your problem seeing that the error is coming for the ati card...

hope I helped somehow,

iJet

Hello,

I am trying to install Lion on my HP DV6-6090ee

I did the following procedure:

1- downloaded Mac OS X 10.7 Lion (Final Retail)(.dmg file)

2- downloaded X-Flash for Lion and followed the instructions in the file which is:

1. Create new HFS+ volume with MBR partition type on USB ?ash drive

2. Uncheck "Ignore ownership..." option of created new volume

3. Mount InstallESD.dmg

[/Applications/Install Mac OS X Lion.app/Contents/SharedSupport/InstallESD.dmg]

4. Drag-and-Drop created new volume to X-Flash.app

5. Wait for completion

6. Add KEXTs to /Extra/Extensions directory (You must choose KEXTs for your PC)

7. Add DSDT.aml to /Extra directory (if required)

8. Edit com.apple.Boot.plist (if required)

9. Replace mach_kernel (if required)

10. Replace boot (if required)

11. Install "MBREnabler.pkg" to created media (if required)

3- the Extensions I used are in the X-Flash for Lion file

4- DSDT.aml filed I used from second post from MaLd0n

5- i didn't edit com.apple.Boot.plist

6- i used this kernel from Kernel 10.8 Appleworm posted in DV6-6090es 6770M DSDT, Por si alguien sabe como hacer el switching...

7- i didn't replace boot

8- i edited smbios.plist to MacBookPro8,1

Finally i booted from the created USB flash media & i stopped at this message:

Message i got

boot with args: GraphicsEnabler=No cpus=1 -v

boot with args: GraphicsEnabler=No cpus=1 -v
No need cpus=1 with this kernel.

Edit com.apple.Boot.plist with:

<key>device-properties</key>
<string>600000000100000001000000540000000100000002010c00d041030a000000000101060000027fff04001e0000004100410050004c002c006f0073002d0069006e0066006f0000001800000030490111111108000001f01f0100000010070000</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Or use this com.apple.Boot.plist.

Use my DSDT with chimera.

I'm trying to compile the kernel 11.0 with the modification to InsydeH20 bios.

Soon put the source code of 11.2 and will be easier than xnu-1699.22.73.tar.gz.

Thanks appleworm for your help

I used your com.apple.Boot.plist and DSDT files, and i am no longer getting that message, but i am getting instant reboot after loading the files.

The kernel extensions (available from X-Flash for Lion) that i have put under Extra/Extensions are:

AppleAHCIInjector.kext

AppleIntelPIIXATAInjector.kext

AppleLPCInjector.kext

AppleRTC.kext

AppleYukon2Injector.kext

FakeSMC.kext

IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

Is there any extension that need to be added/or deleted?

Also what is your way of extracting Lion to a Flash drive better than the X-Flash method?

Thanks appleworm for your help

I used your com.apple.Boot.plist and DSDT files, and i am no longer getting that message, but i am getting instant reboot after loading the files.

The kernel extensions (available from X-Flash for Lion) that i have put under Extra/Extensions are:

AppleAHCIInjector.kext

AppleIntelPIIXATAInjector.kext

AppleLPCInjector.kext

AppleRTC.kext

AppleYukon2Injector.kext

FakeSMC.kext

IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext

Is there any extension that need to be added/or deleted?

Also what is your way of extracting Lion to a Flash drive better than the X-Flash method?

Have you Chimera installed?

Which kernel you use?

Do the following:

1 - Install Chimera-1.5.1.

2 - Put the modified kernel on / (now Mac OS X Lion 11.1 kernel)

3 - Put my com.apple.Boot.plist on Desktop and copy to /Library/Preferences/SystemSystemConfiguration with:

sudo cp /Users/<yourUser>/Desktop/com.apple.Boot.plist /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/

4 - Put my DSDT on / and /Extra.

5 - Remove your /Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist.

Have you Chimera installed?

Which kernel you use?

Do the following:

1 - Install Chimera-1.5.1.

2 - Put the modified kernel on / (now Mac OS X Lion 11.1 kernel)

3 - Put my com.apple.Boot.plist on Desktop and copy to /Library/Preferences/SystemSystemConfiguration with:

sudo cp /Users/<yourUser>/Desktop/com.apple.Boot.plist /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/

4 - Put my DSDT on / and /Extra.

5 - Remove your /Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist.

I have used your latest posted Chimera-1.5.1 & modified kernel (11.1 kernel) but the flash drive now unbootable !

here is what i did using MaLd0n (Lion installation via USB stick using Chameleon, DP4, GM and FINAL) method then continued with your instructions:

1- Open Disk Utility, select the USB drive partition and click on the Erase tab. Select Mac Os Extended (Journaled) and click on the Erase button (hence the drive is partitioned as MBR)

2- Mounted Mount InstallESD.dmg then

open /Volumes/Mac\ OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/BaseSystem.dmg

3- Now click on the Restore tab, drag Mac OS X Base System to Source and the USB drive partition to Destination, then click on the Restore button. This operation takes several minutes\\

4- After the restoration, open the restored partition, navigate to System/Installation, delete the Packages link and create a folder with the same name, Packages then

open /Volumes/Mac\ OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/Packages

then Copy the files to the Packages folder created previously.

After that continued with your steps:

5- Install Chimera-1.5.1.

6 - Put the modified kernel on / (now Mac OS X Lion 11.1 kernel)

7 - Put my com.apple.Boot.plist on Desktop and copy to /Library/Preferences/SystemSystemConfiguration with:

<span class="postcolor">sudo cp /Users/<yourUser>/Desktop/com.apple.Boot.plist /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/</span>

8 - Put my DSDT on / and /Extra. (But i haven't found the Extra folder after all above steps ) so i copied only on /

Finally booted to the newly flash drive, but it unbootable now ;)

appleworm How exactly did you create the bootable flash drive Lion installer? could you share your method (specifically for this laptop)?

Finally the installer worked but after a very strange workaround: I installed Chameleon 2.1 then removed its files, then installed Chimera-1.5.1 over it, also these two extensions are needed:

FakeSMC.kext

After successful lion installation, i booted the newly installed System with:

-v

But i always got this error message

But when booting with -v cpus=1 the problem is gone

Now What seems to be the problem? isn't the new kernel has fixed the cpus=1 problem

I have a HP DV7t Quad LM726AV which I bought customized from HP. I have previously installed OS X 10.6.7 successfully on my HP DV8t-1000 using Mammoth's method. I have tried installing OS X 10.6.8 on the DV7t using [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url]-Legacy 2.7.2, Bridge Helper and [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] 3.8 with no success. I installed SL 10.6.3 with [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url]-Legacy. Can't boot from the HDD, but can from the [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url]-Legacy disk. The only problem is that most of the devices are not being recognized. The ATI 6770 is not recognized. The touchpad and ethernet are also not recognized. USB works on right side, but not left. When I update to 10.6.7 I lose USB altogether. I've tried different kexts with [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] to no avail. I was hoping you could set me in the right direction. Shoul I just go straight to Lion or do I have to have 10.6.8 installed first. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I have a HP DV7t Quad LM726AV which I bought customized from HP. I have previously installed OS X 10.6.7 successfully on my HP DV8t-1000 using Mammoth's method. I have tried installing OS X 10.6.8 on the DV7t using [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url]-Legacy 2.7.2, Bridge Helper and [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] 3.8 with no success. I installed SL 10.6.3 with [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url]-Legacy. Can't boot from the HDD, but can from the [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url]-Legacy disk. The only problem is that most of the devices are not being recognized. The ATI 6770 is not recognized. The touchpad and ethernet are also not recognized. USB works on right side, but not left. When I update to 10.6.7 I lose USB altogether. I've tried different kexts with [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] to no avail. I was hoping you could set me in the right direction. Shoul I just go straight to Lion or do I have to have 10.6.8 installed first. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I advice you go straight to Lion, hence your laptop is sandy bridge, follow from post 7 and later from this thread, Good luck

UPDATE

Sound now working using [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url]-3.8.0, VoodooHDA 0.2.72 :thumbsup_anim:gy

But it's a little buggy main volume controler can't control iTunes :D

Finally the installer worked but after a very strange workaround: I installed Chameleon 2.1 then removed its files, then installed Chimera-1.5.1 over it, also these two extensions are needed:

FakeSMC.kext

[solved]Hi, skystar3, first u install chamleon 2,1 u installed extra package from Mad0ln post? Or just install chameleon, delete the 2 file in extra folder and than install chimera and follow the other steps?

The partition table for the USB drive have to be MBR or GUID?

I follow all the steps, but in MBR with installed chameleon 2,1 and than chimera and follow the final steps, my USB don't boot :) [solved/]

I have a question for appleworm:

-In the Graphic in SystemProfile i can see my 6770 card but it show only 1gb of 2 i have.

Tanks.

Also trackpad+keyboard now working using TRACKPAD.SYNAPTIC-GESTURE.zip

In addition battery worked by adding these two files from here

:D

I tryed, but i lost the graphic acceleration :\ and if i install chimera (not needed to boot) i can install voodoo battery and the ACPI from the package but i can't use TRACKPAD.SYNAPTIC-GESTURE.zip with it

How can u did it?

I advice you go straight to Lion, hence your laptop is sandy bridge, follow from post 7 and later from this thread, Good luck

Skystar3:

Thanks for the quick response.

I followed all the steps, but the USB flash drive boot stops at :

Device in slot: SLOT--1

Device in slot: SLOT--1

Any ideas what I might have done wrong?

Thanks

Hello appleworm,

To start, your guide is flawless, it help me create/add all that jazz to USB. Now I have trouble very much like the picture you showed us in your very first post. It scrolls through all the text that it is suppose to, then, when it changes screens (grey to black) and begins its scrolling of text, i get the following panic:

panic(cpu0 caller 0x55f2db): "Unable to find driver for this platform: \"ACPI\".\n"@/users/nawcom/Builds/bootcd-1504.7.4/iokit/Kernal/IOPlatformExpert.cpp:1393

Followed by a bunch of numbers (bunch of jarbled jargon of numbers):

2mra35g.jpg

2cegpsm.jpg

Does anyone know what this is or have a fix?

God speed.

-Jugz

• 6 months later...

No need cpus=1 with this kernel.

Edit com.apple.Boot.plist with:

<key>device-properties</key>
<string>600000000100000001000000540000000100000002010c00d041030a000000000101060000027fff04001e0000004100410050004c002c006f0073002d0069006e0066006f0000001800000030490111111108000001f01f0100000010070000</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Or use this com.apple.Boot.plist.

Use my DSDT with chimera.

I'm trying to compile the kernel 11.0 with the modification to InsydeH20 bios.

Soon put the source code of 11.2 and will be easier than xnu-1699.22.73.tar.gz.

i have read all of your post regarding os x 10.7 on hp dv6

i have same dv6 6121 tx with core i7 2.0GHZ ,gb of ram,

and sandy bridge arch

i have done

1:-restore dmg on flash drive

2:-copy pest the extra folder and

3:- install boot loader

i have sucsessfully install but after restart it cant boot from the hard drive please help me out i have trying from 3 months.

i have tryied iATKOS l2 ,s2 Retail dvd with lots of fail...... pleass help me

i have read all of your post regarding os x 10.7 on hp dv6

i have same dv6 6121 tx with core i7 2.0GHZ ,^gb of ram,

and sandy bridge arch

i have done

1:-restore dmg on flash drive

2:-copy pest the extra folder and

3:- install boot loader

i have sucsessfully install but after restart it cant boot from the hard drive please help me out i have trying from 3 months.

i have tryied iATKOS l2 ,s2 Retail dvd with lots of fail...... pleas help me

After installing i got this error