Worried, Please answer question about Mac OS X Kernel?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

MacModifier

MacModifier

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
Hi Everyone,

I am a little stressed out. I am using little snitch on my Hackintosh and it is showing IP Connections to the Mac OS X Kernel. When I look these connections up they are in place like Brazil and Germany and other foreign countries. Why are these IP addresses connecting to my Mac OS X Kernel? Does this mean hackers are accessing my computer without me knowing it? Can someone shed some light on it?

Thanks for your answers,
MacModifier

LoneWaffle

LoneWaffle

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
I'd be concerned about this as well. What kernel are you using? What install method did you use? On a retail install with vanilla kernel with little snitch running for a few years now, I've never seen the kernel make a connection.

MacModifier

MacModifier

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

I'd be concerned about this as well. What kernel are you using? What install method did you use? On a retail install with vanilla kernel with little snitch running for a few years now, I've never seen the kernel make a connection.

Thanks for getting back to me, I am really close to doing a reinstall and see if my system was compromised.

1. I used TonyMacx86 ##### to boot up.

2. I used Tonymacx86 DSDT Database file for my motherboard

2. Installled Lion then I used ##### to install the DSDT get my Network and Sound working.

Oh, ya on a side note, I downloaded a few videos on SQL and when I went to open them I got a warning from Mac that I have never got on Video saying something to the effect that these videos may be damaged or I think it was something like compromised. I opened anyway, I should not have but not sure if that installed a trojan.

What are your thoughts?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy