raid dualboot help

brawl

1 post in this topic

hey guys, since i can only post in the new members section (didn't pass the 2nd test stupid history questions) i have a question about raid, i have a gigabyte ga-x58-udr3 rev 2 mobo a i7 3.2 ghz cpu 6 gigs of 1600 ram and a 280 gtx vid card. I use 2 60 gig ocz vertex 2 SSDs that i am raiding with apple soft raid. Now I've looked through a lot of guides for different ways of doing this, which include hack installers guide and several other guides that go through terminal. Now the part that might be making it worse is that i want to dual boot off of this raided drive for windows 7... now I'm sure its possible, its just being stubborn. Ive got the drives split in 4 partitions, then cross raided in journaled (osx) and fat (win) then i use hack installers script and it says its installing the boot loader to drive 0s3 and 1s3. well when i look up the drive slices for the osx partition they read as 0s2 and 1s2 so am i reading wrong or is the script not working because of the partition? i think my next logical step is to get osx up and running on a old 60gig hdd and get it stable working 100% with tonymac's [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] (thats the one I've used for the last year) as i can't seem to find the right kexts to install with hack installers script nor can i figure out where to put the dsdt for my mobo... if anyone has any suggestions i am really getting burnt out on this and could use some help.

Edit: I should also say that the drives are not booting, i get boot: 0 gpt, boot:0 test, and then boot:0 done but then it just sits there i read that it meant my drives weren't active but I'm not sure how to go about from there (this was using hack installers script)

Thanks,

Justin