Request: Dell Vostro 1520 w/ nVidia Graphics, BIOS A08

gnnash

27 posts in this topic

• 9 months later...

Hi,

thank you both (esp. MaLd0n) for providing the DSDT for this laptop, I appreciate it very very much.

Since Lion, the VoodooBattery or AppleACPIBatteryManager don't work. There are good instructions why and how to fix this at http://www.insanelym...pic=272459&st=0

I went ahead and "fixed" the dsdt according to those instructions and now I have battery / AC recognized.

It seems to work, though I still have to test it properly (I have been running mostly on AC, and just tested unplugging a couple of times).

I share it here for your convenience, look into the file for comments to see the changes.

In terms of other things:

backlighting - I have not done anything in terms of PNLF, so I don't have the slider, but sometimes I can just change backlight levels using Fn keys (no OSD displayed, but backlight does change). After restart or wake-up (I believe) this ability is lost. I have to shut down, pull the AC plug, remove/insert battery to gain it back (I tried this once, maybe just a coincidence).

In kernel log, there is "kernel[0]: Faking key release for brightness up" whenever I flip the wireless hw switch (wlan + BT).

- maybe has to do sth with how voodooPS2 keyb works/maps the brightness, I dont know (beyond my knowledge).

Firewire - i cannot find anything about firewire in dsdt. Maybe I am just looking in the wrong place. Nevertheless, if i put the laptop to sleep and then wake up, kernel starts complaining (kernel log) like "kernel: FireWire GUID 00d0510000000001 is invalid!" where the guid is indeed different than the one reported before sleeping. This message repeats itself every 30 seconds sharp.

One further note:

I am using 10.7.4 with ###### 4.5.2 -> UserDSDT

- This includes both GeneratePStates / GenerateCStates == "Yes".

- With both set to yes, the laptop was stuck at 800Mhz, i.e. would not speedstep. I discovered that disabling P state generation makes speedstep work. Confirmed via FakeSMC + IntelCPUPlugin + HWmonitor.app. As for CStates, leave that to Yes, otherwise AppleIntelCPUPM will complain about missing _CST.

battery-repair.dsl.zip