SATA 6GB/s / SATA III - PCIe Card - Works in LION !

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

Wanna Hack

Wanna Hack

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Has anyone got trimforce command in 10.10.4 to work with ASM1061? I used Chameleon SSD to enable trim prior to current version. I would like to hear how others who are on 10.10.4 with SATA 3 ASM1061 are implementing trim. Please share your experience.

jdryyz

jdryyz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

My replacement Apricorn Velocity Solo x2 arrived today.

Sigh. Looks like my HP xw8600 is too similar to the MacPro 3,1 after all (The Product Description warns that the card does not work reliably in a MacPro 2008). I realize I do not actually have a MacPro 3,1 but it is a stange cooincidence.

The card appears to be recognized in the computer now. Drives show as attached to an "unknown SATA AHCI controller" in Mac OS X but the BIOS does not recognize any bootable devices when I first power up the machine (my System Report shows my boot drive attached to the built-in controller, but I did have it attached directly to the card before). I Tried reverting back to the "Separate IDE controller" setting and then tried disabling the built-in SATA BIOS entirely and still no go.

There is no splash screen that comes up for the x2 card's BIOS although I have seen it with the "Solo" (non x2) version of the card:

A shame to be sure. I will trying moving the card over to my Asus P5 computer from 2007 and see if it will boot from it. I am skeptical though.

I was able to arrange for an exchange of my faulty Asmedia ASM1061, so maybe I can get that to work once it shows up.

Attached Files

jdryyz

jdryyz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Well funny thing happened. Since my card wasn't completely dead, I decided to contact Apricorn technical support. I specfically asked if there was a firmware update I could do and they responded back that the board may have shipped with an older firmware and that they would offer to flash it for me if I mailed the card back to them. I explained to them that I have been using computers a long time and that I would be comfortable doing the update myself if they could provide the rom and flash program. They did just that but warned me that they could not guarantee it would work.

It flashed just fine and now the card is recognized as having a bootable drive attached! BIOS sees it just fine. The read speeds are just where I would expect them to be but the write speeds are not as impressive. That probably has more to do with my SSD drive, though.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2015 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy