HELP with Snow Leopard Retail Install

--Nikola-Tesla--

4 posts in this topic

I just installed snow leopard on my hp tc4400 tablet pc and when i boot into snow leopard for the first time i get the screen that says i don't have a keyboard, which i can expect after an install on a laptop. I know my usb ports work because i plugged in a usb mouse and that worked. My problem is i do not own a usb keyboard and i do not have the means to go get one a the moment. I have another leopard install on the same hard drive. is there anyway i can boot into that install and add the kexts or something like that to that partition? I have tried the voodoops2.kext on the snow leopard partitions system/library/extensions/and that did not work.

I would really appreciate any help. Thanks

I just installed snow leopard on my hp tc4400 tablet pc and when i boot into snow leopard for the first time i get the screen that says i don't have a keyboard, which i can expect after an install on a laptop. I know my usb ports work because i plugged in a usb mouse and that worked. My problem is i do not own a usb keyboard and i do not have the means to go get one a the moment. I have another leopard install on the same hard drive. is there anyway i can boot into that install and add the kexts or something like that to that partition? I have tried the voodoops2.kext on the snow leopard partitions system/library/extensions/and that did not work.

I would really appreciate any help. Thanks

i dont have much exp regarding laptops but i have 2 ideas

1st. there is away around for the cant find keyboard thing ,as it happens in lion with ps2 KB too

/System/Library/CoreServices/Setup\ Assistant.app/Contents/Info.plist

open it and delete these lines

<string>DeviceSection</string>
<string>KeyboardTypeSection</string>

2nd.voodoops2 wont work by it self ,u need to add AppleACPIPS2Nub too ,try this kexts maybe it help u

http://cl.ly/2u253e200s2k1g2k080r