• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

BirdofTruth

BirdofTruth

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Im thinking maybe there was an error when I burn't the DVD on Nero Rom. but if anyone has a better Idea I would love to hear it. Thanls

BirdofTruth

BirdofTruth

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
BTW 200GB SATA 7200 RPM HD

Gateway 505GR

Intel 915G

Intel pentium 4 processor 530 HT

tripleboot

tripleboot

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
You'll get different opinions on what software to burn with, however I wouldn't use Nero to burn OS ISO. I have had numerous coasters using NERO that just won't boot. Try using DVD Decrypter. It does an excellent job with OS ISO's. Boots every time, no errors. There is also CloneDVD. Also when your burning make sure you burn at a very slow speed to reduce your chances of errors. 2x or 4x and make sure your not doing other projects like downloading while doing burning.

BirdofTruth

BirdofTruth

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
I am currently burning at 1x the Jas ISO on CloneDVD (was only one on Demonoid) and I pray this works.

tripleboot

tripleboot

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
If CloneDVD doesn't work give DVD Decrypter a go. They stopped making it I believe as they were sort of forced out of business.? Links are out there if you run a google. Its free also.

BirdofTruth

BirdofTruth

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
thanks so much its working and I got it installed.

avenger

avenger

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
thanx alot it worked for me

derekreid

derekreid

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts
I also got this error with a disc I had already used. I knew it wasn't a burn error, turned out to just be a dirty disc. Cleaned er off and good to go.

jacob019

jacob019

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
I was having this problem because I was burning the file over the network. Be careful when transferring files with smb (samba or windows file sharing) and also with nfs. They impose a 2gb file limit so the file gets truncated at 2gb. If you must transfer the file over the network use scp or sshfs.

toyotascionxd

toyotascionxd

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
so do you need to burn the boot loader using clone dvd?

Gringo Vermelho

Gringo Vermelho

The Jan Bird fix

• Supervisors
  • 6,098 posts
It'll fit on a CD, don't waste a DVD.

You can use any image burning software that works for you.

Use a CD-RW so that you can make changes or burn something else in case it doesn't work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy