Screen not waking up after sleep

^GoJo^

13 posts in this topic

Is display sleep works? ( if you set Display Sleep in System Preferences > Energy saving, does it work?)

I have the same problem, and for me display sleep isn't working. It worked once with an older version of chameleon, but since updated chameleon to get work with lion, display-sleep and display-on after sleep isn't working)

What graphics card do you have?

I have same problem on different system. i5 2500k cpu, evga gtx460, and p8p67 le b3 motherboard. My display can turn it self off and on but I can't get the computer to go back from sleep.

I don't know if there is any correlation but i had the same sleep problem in windows 7. My computer can go to sleep but can't get out of sleep.

Here was what I did to fix this in Windows 7

"This issue is almost certainly due to the Wake Timers. Wake Timers are a constituent that programmers can make use of to wake an inactive system and perform a custom utility. Other than windows 7 users, they had no control over this. Windows 7 offers the user the choice to deactivate or activate the sleep timers. To change the settings.

Go to Control Panel> Power Options.

Click Change plan settings inside the chosen plan.

Choose Change Advanced Power Settings.

There Click + sign besides Sleep.

Click + sign beside Allow Wake Timers.

Now select Disable and click Apply > OK."

Screen sleep itself doesn't work either for me, van13330gg since it's working for you, try this trick : Set one corner of the screen (in expose) to put screen to sleep when your mouse goes on it, since yours can go to sleep, it could work, after waking from total sleep, move mouse going in that corner.

I'll try that but I don't think it will work. The problem for me is turning the USB stuff on again. My keyboard and mouse can't turn on after I put computer to sleep so I think that's why the computer can't wake up. This was similar in windows 7 for me too.

When I put it to sleep, the fans don't turn off either so I don't know if it even goes to sleep?

scratch the power thing...USB devices do turn back on. It took me awhile to install OSX and updated to lion so I haven't tinker around with everything for a couple of weeks now haha. I was just so happy that most of the stuff worked...now I want more things work. :)

I could put the display to sleep with the "hot corners" setting. I don't know how to put the computer to sleep with expose/ mission control. It doesn't give me any options. Please give me some insights into your idea?

I also have tried the sleep enabler but it didn't work.

I could put the display to sleep with the "hot corners" setting. I don't know how to put the computer to sleep with expose/ mission control. It doesn't give me any options. Please give me some insights into your idea?

I also have tried the sleep enabler but it didn't work.

check your hibernatemode and set it to 1.

I am experiencing a weird behavior when waking up the screen,

I have a p6T deluxe v2 motherboard,

920 i7 processor

5870 eyefinity 2GB graphic card

the machine is able to go to sleep alright,

but when I wake it up, the machine turns on fine, displays turns on,

and I only get a quarter of my screen showing on the upper left hand corner,

and its like weird, and flashing..

I magically fixed it in my last installation (same version of OS)

but after reinstallation it's not working anymore..

please someone help~

hate not having sleep function