1 reply to this topic

kind3rgarten

kind3rgarten

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
So,
many of you users may not have liked the transparency in 10.5, but I really liked it. But now that Lion is out, I see that the menu bar transparency seems to be less- which I don't like. I would like it to be either fully transparent, or like the Snow/Leopard menu bars. So I come here to ask the geniuses of the InsanelyMac community, is there an equivalent procedure comparable to a Windows registry hack for this, or a .plist I can edit, maybe a third party program will suffice? Also, if anyone knows how to do it, but making the dock fully transparent, it might look kinda cool.

Thanks.

Jv5T W3

Jv5T W3

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

So,
many of you users may not have liked the transparency in 10.5, but I really liked it. But now that Lion is out, I see that the menu bar transparency seems to be less- which I don't like. I would like it to be either fully transparent, or like the Snow/Leopard menu bars. So I come here to ask the geniuses of the InsanelyMac community, is there an equivalent procedure comparable to a Windows registry hack for this, or a .plist I can edit, maybe a third party program will suffice? Also, if anyone knows how to do it, but making the dock fully transparent, it might look kinda cool.

Thanks.

Yes, you can use Candybar 3 to tweak your Dock's appearance. I have no idea about the menu bar tho, I guess it's hardcoded into the OS. Cannot be changed. But it does look 80-90% transparent if the color behind it is closer to white than to black. That's about it :).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy