• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

kmare

kmare

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
Hey guys -- up and running with my config including VIA PCI controller (gives me +2 SATA)

However, bonjour is not working for me. Tried both the Realtek and Lnx2 drivers -- any ideas?

UPDATE: Bonjour working after restart -- will keep testing

urig-herb

urig-herb

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
Did anyone try this kernel: http://www.insanelym...howtopic=267345

It is based on 10.7.1, the one from nozyczek is a patched 10.7 DP4 version, isn't it?

What would be the benefit of a newer kernel? More speed?

nozyczek

nozyczek

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Did anyone try this kernel: http://www.insanelym...howtopic=267345

It is based on 10.7.1, the one from nozyczek is a patched 10.7 DP4 version, isn't it?

What would be the benefit of a newer kernel? More speed?

Please try it and let me know and I will update the guide.

urig-herb

urig-herb

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Please try it and let me know and I will update the guide.

It didn't boot on my machine. I'm not sure if i missed a step, though. Just copied it to /Extra/kernel, changed the permissions and the entry in org.Chameleon.Boot.plist.

nozyczek

nozyczek

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

It didn't boot on my machine. I'm not sure if i missed a step, though. Just copied it to /Extra/kernel, changed the permissions and the entry in org.Chameleon.Boot.plist.

Need more details, black screen, instant reboot, etc ?

urig-herb

urig-herb

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Need more details, black screen, instant reboot, etc ?

Reboot 1 sec after showing the Apple logo screen.

nozyczek

nozyczek

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Reboot 1 sec after showing the Apple logo screen.

same here.

edmondwck

edmondwck

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
This guy installed the patched 10.7.1 kernel successfully on Asrock 330Ion.

http://www.insanelym...howtopic=267401

May be he can share some information.

urig-herb

urig-herb

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

This guy installed the patched 10.7.1 kernel successfully on Asrock 330Ion.

http://www.insanelym...howtopic=267401

May be he can share some information.

Everything runs fine, so I have no need to investigate further. I hope this kernel will still run with 10.7.2.

analographi

analographi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
Hi,

Can you also run Lion SERVER edition on that board. And if so how?

urig-herb

urig-herb

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
Tried to update to 10.7.2 on a cloned hard drive. Unfortunatly it did not work so well. I've install the combo update and then executed nozyczek's script again. After that the reboot stopped with the message "waiting for boot device". Starting in "no cache" mode was possible, but iTunes crashed at start and iCloud did not work.

So I'm sticking to 10.7.1 with the DP4 kernel at the moment.

nozyczek

nozyczek

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Tried to update to 10.7.2 on a cloned hard drive. Unfortunatly it did not work so well. I've install the combo update and then executed nozyczek's script again. After that the reboot stopped with the message "waiting for boot device". Starting in "no cache" mode was possible, but iTunes crashed at start and iCloud did not work.

So I'm sticking to 10.7.1 with the DP4 kernel at the moment.

Thx for the feedback.

CPT_MAC

CPT_MAC

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
Thank you very much for this perfect guide.

I had instant success just follow your steps. I also did the online update 10.7.2 without running the installer again without any problem.

The only not working is the Microphone. Not so important, but maybe someone can confirm having the same problem.

jznomoney

jznomoney

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Thank you very much for this perfect guide.

I had instant success just follow your steps. I also did the online update 10.7.2 without running the installer again without any problem.

The only not working is the Microphone. Not so important, but maybe someone can confirm having the same problem.

I have 10.7.2 installed. I used the guide and had 10.7.1 installed. I downloaded the combo update from apples site. I am using the 10.7.1 kernel that is on nawcoms site. I cannot comment on the sound issue you have since my hackintosh is a server and has no audio components hooked up to it. What I do know that works is video, network and usb devices.

urig-herb

urig-herb

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
Good to hear! I'll give it another try without running the nozyczek installer again.

To get this right, you did following steps:

1. Install with nozyczek guide.
2. Update to 10.7.1, run nozyczek installer again (this is where I am right now, with a perfectly running system).
3. Update to 10.7.2 and replace the kernel with nawcoms 10.7.1 version. Don't run nozyczek's installer again.

Does iCloud work for you? It's the only reason I want to update to 10.7.2

jznomoney

jznomoney

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Good to hear! I'll give it another try without running the nozyczek installer again.

To get this right, you did following steps:

1. Install with nozyczek guide.
2. Update to 10.7.1, run nozyczek installer again (this is where I am right now, with a perfectly running system).
3. Update to 10.7.2 and replace the kernel with nawcoms 10.7.1 version. Don't run nozyczek's installer again.

Does iCloud work for you? It's the only reason I want to update to 10.7.2

I cannot test iCloud as I do not have an iCloud device. As per updating to 10.7.2 I did the combo 10.7.2 and just applied the nawcom 10.7.1 kernel. I did not run the nozyczek's installer again.

urig-herb

urig-herb

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

I cannot test iCloud as I do not have an iCloud device. As per updating to 10.7.2 I did the combo 10.7.2 and just applied the nawcom 10.7.1 kernel. I did not run the nozyczek's installer again.

I got it to work on my D945GCLF Atom230 board! Updated with the combo installer, without running nozyczek's installer again. Still using the mach_kernel_dp4_atom_apic kernel. Nawcom's kernel gives me an endless reboot cycle.

For iCloud, I had to update Chameleon to the latest version (Chameleon-2.1svn-r1684, found it at www.osx86.net). Now everything works, including iCloud! Thanks for make try it again!

I also have no microphone, so I don't know if this works or not.

jznomoney

jznomoney

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

I got it to work on my D945GCLF Atom230 board! Updated with the combo installer, without running nozyczek's installer again. Still using the mach_kernel_dp4_atom_apic kernel. Nawcom's kernel gives me an endless reboot cycle.

For iCloud, I had to update Chameleon to the latest version (Chameleon-2.1svn-r1684, found it at www.osx86.net). Now everything works, including iCloud! Thanks for make try it again!

I also have no microphone, so I don't know if this works or not.

How did you get the appstore to work?

buoo

buoo

The Prodigal Son

• Moderators
  • 4,517 posts
Hi guys!

I've made a patched kernel for Atom (two versions 32/64). I can not test it on an Atom, I'm using it on i7 in this moment and It seems working.

I need testers

Attached File  Atom_Kernel_10.7.2.zip   5.75MB   53 downloads

urig-herb

urig-herb

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
@jznomoney:
Search the forum, there are various threads about this.

@buoo:
I've tried the 64 kernel, did not work. Stuck at the Chameleon boot screen. I'm wondering why your kernel has only 7 MB. The DP4 version has 15MB.
The DP4 kernel is running just fine. What will be the benefit to get the 10.7.2 kernel?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy