Just wanted to leave a quick thanks for everyone who contributed to this thread, especially theconnactic and TimeWalker75a.
Thanks to your work I was able to get Yosemite running on 3 different ION/ION LE based machines.
Using your tutorial I was able to get Yosemite 10.10 running perfect on my Asus 1201N, but I was also able to use some of the same files to get my Acer Aspire Revo AR1600/R1600 (ION LE) and AR3600/R3600 (ION) working too.
For many months I had no luck getting my ION-based Acer nettops to work properly (swap file errors, USB errors, QE/CI would initialize in the bootup but would produce a blank screen on VGA/HDMI, etc, very similar to the 1201N).
But then I came across the below link from theconnactic:
And the below link from TimeWalker75a:
And the combination of files from both links allowed me to boot BOTH my Acer Revo nettops successfully!
The minimum 'required' files/extensions/bootloader/config to boot Yosemite on the ION-based Acer Aspire Revo AR1600/R1600/AR3600/R3600/AR3610/R3610 are the following:
- Clover bootloader (any recent version, I used r2988)
- Inject - Nvidia set to 'true' in Clover (inject QE/CI, works for VGA and HDMI)
- KernelCpu set to 'true' in Clover (on-the-fly kernel patching to support Atom CPU)
- theconnactic's boot file for Clover (intended for Asus 1201n but also works perfect for R1600/R3600, extracted from theconnactic's Asus 1201N Clover boot/EFI package found here: http://www.insanelym...#entry2033600 )
- TimeWalker75a's 'CustomPeripherals.kext' extension (intended for Asus 1201n but also works perfect for R1600/R3600, extracted from TimeWalker75a's Asus 1201N installer package found here: http://www.insanelym...#entry2042094 )
- Apple RTC CMOS Reset patch (can be found here: http://www.insanelym...tch-cmos-reset/ )
- 'NullCPUPowerManagement.kext' (can be found anywhere online)
- VoodooHDA v2.8.6 (can be found anywhere online)
With the above files I can boot Mavericks and Yosemite on my ION-based Acer Aspire Revo R1600/R3600 (also works for AR1600/R1600/AR3600/R3600/AR3610/R3610) with full QE/CI, Sound, Sleep and Network.
It seems the ION and ION LE based netbooks/nettops do have really poor BIOSes (regardless of vendor it seems), and the default Clover/Chameleon/Chimera configs are not enough to boot correctly, so by adding the above boot file and extensions they are able to boot using Clover no problem.
I would expect that the above configuration would probably work well for other ION/ION LE based netbooks/nettops too, as their hardware is all very similar.