1051 replies to this topic

SamReedy

SamReedy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

So got 10.8 up and running all is good so far, will do an update to 10.8.5 now

but my main problem is the sound, it works after the first restart after repairing the kexts with kext wizard but after another restart no longer works, the sound icon and volume work as they should, but nothing from the speakers

is OSX reading the kexts from S/L/E or from the extra folder?

also the audio after sleep fix? any info on this

and timewalker how did you get HW to show up all the temps?

TimeWalker75a

TimeWalker75a

InsanelyMac Legend

• Gurus
  • 1,229 posts

So got 10.8 up and running all is good so far, will do an update to 10.8.5 now

but my main problem is the sound, it works after the first restart after repairing the kexts with kext wizard but after another restart no longer works, the sound icon and volume work as they should, but nothing from the speakers

is OSX reading the kexts from S/L/E or from the extra folder?

also the audio after sleep fix? any info on this

and timewalker how did you get HW to show up all the temps?

http://www.insanelym...-mav/?p=2042094

SamReedy

SamReedy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

got my sound working now ive updated to 10.8.5 but no sound after sleep and shutdown isnt working

that thread is for mavericks? but i'll have alook though it anyway

TimeWalker75a

TimeWalker75a

InsanelyMac Legend

• Gurus
  • 1,229 posts
Read my post till the end and you will see why I'm pointing you there...

SamReedy

SamReedy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

installed the package- it failed went to restart and I cant log in, no mouse no keyboard, although the dim hotkeys work and the curser in the password box flashes

SamReedy

SamReedy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

installed clover and mouse and keyboard work again, sounds now gone and so has wifi

tomatoes

tomatoes

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hello everybody, thx for the great work, after a 7h install Mavericks is running. Followed Walkers Guide. Everything working so far, System feels ok with Samsung SSD 830 120GB. Issues: USB works only in 1.1 Mode, 12mb/s max. And unfortunately even when copying files between 2 SSD partitions i get average transfer rates <10mb/s. Which seems very slow to me. Any ideas anyone?

tomatoes

tomatoes

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Im on Yosemite now and had the same USB Issue as in Mav:

when booting with USB device connected I had only USB 1.1, w/out device USB 2.0.

This fixed the issue:

changed config.plist false to true:

<key>FixOwnership</key>

<true/

and added:

<key>EHCIacquire</key>
<string>Yes</string> 

Everythings good now!

TimeWalker75a

TimeWalker75a

InsanelyMac Legend

• Gurus
  • 1,229 posts
No such setting as EHCI Acquire present in Clover. EHCI ownership only works if USB >Inject is enabled.

sk8er83329

sk8er83329

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Just wanted to leave a quick thanks for everyone who contributed to this thread, especially theconnactic and TimeWalker75a.

Thanks to your work I was able to get Yosemite running on 3 different ION/ION LE based machines.

Using your tutorial I was able to get Yosemite 10.10 running perfect on my Asus 1201N, but I was also able to use some of the same files to get my Acer Aspire Revo AR1600/R1600 (ION LE) and AR3600/R3600 (ION) working too.

For many months I had no luck getting my ION-based Acer nettops to work properly (swap file errors, USB errors, QE/CI would initialize in the bootup but would produce a blank screen on VGA/HDMI, etc, very similar to the 1201N).

But then I came across the below link from theconnactic:

http://www.insanelym...49#entry2033600

And the below link from TimeWalker75a:

http://www.insanelym...v/#entry2042094

And the combination of files from both links allowed me to boot BOTH my Acer Revo nettops successfully!

The minimum 'required' files/extensions/bootloader/config to boot Yosemite on the ION-based Acer Aspire Revo AR1600/R1600/AR3600/R3600/AR3610/R3610 are the following:

- Clover bootloader (any recent version, I used r2988)

- Inject - Nvidia set to 'true' in Clover (inject QE/CI, works for VGA and HDMI)

- KernelCpu set to 'true' in Clover (on-the-fly kernel patching to support Atom CPU)

- theconnactic's boot file for Clover (intended for Asus 1201n but also works perfect for R1600/R3600, extracted from theconnactic's Asus 1201N Clover boot/EFI package found here: http://www.insanelym...#entry2033600 )

- TimeWalker75a's 'CustomPeripherals.kext' extension (intended for Asus 1201n but also works perfect for R1600/R3600, extracted from TimeWalker75a's Asus 1201N installer package found here: http://www.insanelym...#entry2042094 )

- Apple RTC CMOS Reset patch (can be found here: http://www.insanelym...tch-cmos-reset/ )

- 'NullCPUPowerManagement.kext' (can be found anywhere online)

- VoodooHDA v2.8.6 (can be found anywhere online)

With the above files I can boot Mavericks and Yosemite on my ION-based Acer Aspire Revo R1600/R3600 (also works for AR1600/R1600/AR3600/R3600/AR3610/R3610) with full QE/CI, Sound, Sleep and Network.

It seems the ION and ION LE based netbooks/nettops do have really poor BIOSes (regardless of vendor it seems), and the default Clover/Chameleon/Chimera configs are not enough to boot correctly, so by adding the above boot file and extensions they are able to boot using Clover no problem.

I would expect that the above configuration would probably work well for other ION/ION LE based netbooks/nettops too, as their hardware is all very similar.

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 3,029 posts
You're welcome, and congratulations for getting Yosemite runnning on all these computers.

chrisrand

chrisrand

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Hello it has been a while since anyone has posted here and I wanted to ask if anyone has tried to install 10.10.3 from scratch.  I am attempting to do it following TimeWalker's guide but run into issues just booting to the installer.

After trying multiple times to boot, sometimes it will get to the language selection screen, but will grey screen as soon as I click down on the trackpad.

Does anyone have any advice for me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2015 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy