• Please log in to reply
1037 replies to this topic

Laberlohe

Laberlohe

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts

I've done the process on a Dell Mini 9 with Snow Leopard 10.6.7 an the new tool "boot maker 1.0.0".
Unfortunately I haven't yet my Asus 1201N because i bought it from second hand and it is "on the road" to come here.
But the installation over an 8Gb USB stick went right (i think) because it says "succesfully installed".
Now I wait my PC and then i'll post if all went good (or bad ;) )

Running on an ASUS P5Q-LE powered Hack (10.6.8) the Boot Maker 1.0. takes a few minutes - without any change to the USB key. Checking main HD shows a hidden temp folder... Can it be that any harm is done to my current installation (HackPro)?

But the 1201n is a fierce little machine - unlike my former Lenovo S10 (1st Gen)

crazyjuice

crazyjuice

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

I've done the process on a Dell Mini 9 with Snow Leopard 10.6.7 an the new tool "boot maker 1.0.0".
Unfortunately I haven't yet
my Asus 1201N because i bought it from second hand and it is "on the road" to come here.

But the installation over an 8Gb USB stick went right (i think) because it says "succesfully installed".

Now I wait my PC and then i'll post if all went good (or bad :) )

if installation went good then u should have 3.26gb free space left on your usb stick ;)
check if u have extra folder on ur usb as well and let me know thx

diablos872001

diablos872001

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

if installation went good then u should have 3.26gb free space left on your usb stick ;)
check if u have extra folder on ur usb as well and let me know thx

My USB 8Gb:
- Total space: 7.83Gb
- Available space: 3.42Gb
- Used space: 4.41Gb

The extra folder is here, it takes 2.8Mb for 51 elements.

I think is all good, right?

crazyjuice

crazyjuice

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

My USB 8Gb:
- Total space: 7.83Gb
- Available space: 3.42Gb
- Used space: 4.41Gb

The extra folder is here, it takes 2.8Mb for 51 elements.

I think is all good, right?

seems to be ok ;)

Archi ICN

Archi ICN

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
in the beginning, everything was fine, the data were recorded. but after ~30 minutes standing in one place. it seems that the need to manually do it. screenshot attached

Attached Files

diablos872001

diablos872001

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

seems to be ok :D

1201N arrived! WOW GREAT MACHINE!

BUT...

The USB doesn't work :| I'll try to redo the process. After chosing it from the boot (ESC at boot) the screen remains black with only a white cursor that blinks.

I've got a question: when i prepared the USB, I mounted the lion istallation image (dmg) to copy “Install Mac OS X Lion.app” in /Applications/ folder. BUT all others files were on the usb, because my DellMini9 has only an 8Gb SSD as Hard disk with snow leopard, that takes about 5Gb on the (real) 7.6Gb hard disk. I really doubt that I can make more space to copy the 4Gb lion istall image on the internal SSD.

Could be this the problem? Thanks in advance

crazyjuice

crazyjuice

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

1201N arrived! WOW GREAT MACHINE!

BUT...

The USB doesn't work :D I'll try to redo the process. After chosing it from the boot (ESC at boot) the screen remains black with only a white cursor that blinks.

I've got a question: when i prepared the USB, I mounted the lion istallation image (dmg) to copy “Install Mac OS X Lion.app” in /Applications/ folder. BUT all others files were on the usb, because my DellMini9 has only an 8Gb SSD as Hard disk with snow leopard, that takes about 5Gb on the (real) 7.6Gb hard disk. I really doubt that I can make more space to copy the 4Gb lion istall image on the internal SSD.

Could be this the problem? Thanks in advance

I don't think so. I think bootloader is a problem.

Check if u have a boot file in the root of ur usb drive (its hidden file btw) ?
What system did you used to create usb ? (Snow Leopard ? what version, Lion ? older?)

diablos872001

diablos872001

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

I don't think so. I think bootloader is a problem.

Check if u have a boot file in the root of ur usb drive (its hidden file btw) ?
What system did you used to create usb ? (Snow Leopard ? what version, Lion ? older?)

Yes the boot files is there, hidden but present.
I've also tryied with the older bootloader that can be choosed from you app but same result, blink cursor.

I'll retry to download the Lion OS because if i run "lion install.app" from applications it starts but says that is corrupted, i don't know if because files are mounted on an USB and not in the internal hard disk or something else. I'll post when will be news, thanks for your help ;)

DeVaL!aN

DeVaL!aN

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
hi guys,

want to know that, if i have a downloaded copy of lion.dmg instead downloaded from appstore. how do i use the bootmaker? will the bootmaker recognize my mounted base system/lion dmg or i need to manually copy files to create shortcut in /Application folder?

thanks!

crazyjuice

crazyjuice

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

hi guys,

want to know that, if i have a downloaded copy of lion.dmg instead downloaded from appstore. how do i use the bootmaker? will the bootmaker recognize my mounted base system/lion dmg or i need to manually copy files to create shortcut in /Application folder?

thanks!

I tested only ORIGINAL downloaded Lion. Did not tried any other version.
Developer Previews versions has some different directories tree!!!

Possible solutions:

Step - 1 Check if Install Mac OS X Lion.app is in /Applications/ directory if yes go to step 2.
Step - 2 Check if the name of the app is correct "Install Mac OS X Lion.app" if yes go to step 3.
Step - 3 Right click and choose "Show Package Contents" go to /Contents/SharedSupport and check if there is a file called InstallESD.dmg if yes mount it and go to step 4.
Step - 4 Check if there is hidden file called BaseSystem.dmg if yes then you should not have any problems

There is one more thing....

There could be some problems with script permissions (im working on it) ;)

Archi ICN

Archi ICN

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
-
one more question for I have 1201NL netbook processor Atom N270.
So far, I could not run the installation (there is a reboot after downloading heaps kexts).
This feeling is the kernel does not fit my CPU. Please, someone might have something to say for sure. Because it is not clear, 10.6 x 1201NL placed on the same scheme, and with the same phase as the 1201N
;)  translated with Google

Laberlohe

Laberlohe

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts

one more question for I have 1201NL netbook processor Atom N270.

The N270 is a single core Atom. Try to boot with kernel flag "cpus=1".

dreamer_

dreamer_

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Edit: I noticed that there's a warning at boot saying "hibernate image is too old". Does anybody have this issue? I have read that seems to be related to the DSDT

Thanks.

I fixed this. It was related to the hibernate image on /var/vm. Now, I'm getting an strange issue. The system works fine but hangs randomly without any kind of message or KP. I'm thinking that there's something strange with the OCZ SSD on Lion

Another thing, has anybody tried the sleep enabler for 10.7?

[url="http://"http://www.kexts.com/view/1422-sleepenabler_10.7.0_latest.html""]http://www.kexts.com/view/1422-sleepenable...latest.html[/url]

http://code.google.c.../downloads/list

Thanks

Archi ICN

Archi ICN

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

The N270 is a single core Atom. Try to boot with kernel flag "cpus=1".

thanks for the advice, but I already tried it.
I also tried with "-x"

jorde73

jorde73

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
My first impression from Lion, lazy... not so speedy, SL was I think faster.
I opened (like always) 2 browsers, Safari with 2 Tabs, Google Chrome with 7 Tabs, 3 messenger like wlm, yahoo, skype, some torrent, thats all.

SL can switch faster between the apps, windowses I think.
By Lion I see more Spinning Balls, it waits always relative more time.
I hope it will be better.

I have 4GB Ram, 7200rpm HDD

EDIT: It was lazy because always looked after a bluetooth trackpad or mouse. Bluetooth off, then everything works fast. Fortunately I need bluetooth only sometimes.

diablos872001

diablos872001

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
With the program ASUS 1201N Mac OS X Lion Boot Maker i can't create the USB. blink white cursor always, problem of bootloader i think.

With the manual procedure on the first post chameleon boot rights, but when i choose "installer" it says "can't find mach_kernel" BUT THE FILE IS IN THE ROOT!!! ;)

I try to copy three times that file!!! It's always in the root of the usb, but chameleon doesn't find it!

crazyjuice

crazyjuice

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

With the program ASUS 1201N Mac OS X Lion Boot Maker i can't create the USB. blink white cursor always, problem of bootloader i think.

With the manual procedure on the first post chameleon boot rights, but when i choose "installer" it says "can't find mach_kernel" BUT THE FILE IS IN THE ROOT!!! :unsure:

I try to copy three times that file!!! It's always in the root of the usb, but chameleon doesn't find it!

first check com.apple.Boot.plist if u have a code

<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel_atom</string>

if u have this lines then check ur root usb if mach kernel has a proper name "mach_kernel_atom"

if u used boot maker and the cursor is blinking try install chameleon 914r to ur usb and let me know

M.N.I.M

M.N.I.M

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
I have noticed that the Ethernet port goes out after resuming from sleep mode. On a fresh boot it works again. Although I am sure this is not NEW news just wanted to make it known here since I did not see this noted in the guide.

I am using the supplied AtherosL1cEthernet.kext file. Perhaps someone else already has a workaround for this? It's not the worst problem to have... :(

Onixs

Onixs

Since 2007

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts
crazyjuice

The new Injector for bluetooth contains:

<key>idProduct</key>
<integer>8529</integer>
<key>idVendor</key>
<integer>2652</integer>

Whereas ours is:

<key>idProduct</key>
<integer>6024</integer>
<key>idVendor</key>
<integer>2821</integer>

Can you shed light on this please.

iphlex

iphlex

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
CRAZYJUICE = GREAT!!

Followed your direction CLOSELY from the tops and had the USB built under 20 minutes.
14 minutes till Lion installation completes, everything up to this point is verified over here! Can't wait!

Would you mind if this your tutorial was translated and distributed in Chinese-Tr? (w/full credit of course)
this idea came across because i'm installing this for a friend who doesn't know english.
GOTA SHARE AWSOME!!!

THANKS MAN!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy