• Please log in to reply
1039 replies to this topic

tivimac

tivimac

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
See the screenshots .... PLEASE REMEMBER...YOU HAVE TO USE KERNEL PATCHER MODULE BEFORE DELETE ATOM KERNEL....if you didn't do it, you will have a kernel panic.

Ok, I'll try.

Is correct this way?:

- I don't delete mach_kernel_atom mountain lion 10.8.3
- "use kernel cache" in chameleon wizard, section miscellaneus
- then restart..

Thank's a lot

Attached Files

.venice.

.venice.

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

I'm having problems installing the 10.8.4 combo update: "an error occured while evaluating JavaScript for the package".

I have the latest Java etc. Any ideas?

jamiethemorris

jamiethemorris

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts

I found a link to this thing called sleepwatcher: http://www.bernhard-baehr.de/ it has the ability to execute a unix command upon waking from sleep. So you might be able to just get it to do "open -a RestartHDA.app" or something like that.

smittiee

smittiee

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Hallo ML works good- but i want install clover as bootloader. Can anybody help me - what Version works which setting are necessary and what other thinks need Clover?

i hope somebody give me a answer.

Best Regards 

smittie

gamicoulas

gamicoulas

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I'm trying to locate the files for the 10.6.8 install by crazyjuice. The mediafire link is dead. I can install 10.6.4 with mosslack's guide but I'm interested in going all the way with Snow Leopard. I'm not interested installing 10.7+. Does anyone have at least the Extra folder for doing the 10.6.8 v1.1 combo update if the original files cannot be found?

Edit: Never mind the ones for Lion on the first post of this thread did the trick...

Edited by gamicoulas, 18 July 2013 - 03:39 PM.

Cirroz

Cirroz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

@tivimac

thanks man, with your DSDT audio works fine, but now I can't wake - black screen, keyboard works and nothing ...

can you give any advice or your Extra folder ?

UPD: Fixed.

Last issue is HDA after sleep ...

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,901 posts

Hi, folks!

Just to tell that i overclocked the CPU to 2.0GHz increasing the FSB to 667 in the modded 326 BIOS i use. The settings are curiously in the security tab, under hard drive security, but there are quite plenty of options - but not for the multiplier, that seems to be locked.

So far, i feel a slight increase in responsiveness. My Geekbench scores lept to around 1800 from around 1400, and that's a huge improvement, despite i didn't notice that drastic improvement my the user experience - perhaps i'd be better upgrading the RAM to 4GB. No stability issues at all - seems that OSX handles the overclock very well, or perhaps this is a mild overclock, in a relative way. I'll keep reporting if any other noticeable improvement or issue comes up.

The HWMonitor monitoring app went nuts: now it shows my CPU temps in the 15 to 35 celsius degree range, which is impossible given the previous temps range at stock speed were 35 to 50 celsius degrees, so it should be displaying the CPU hotter now than before and a lot hotter than it is.

All the best!

vodo

vodo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
hi i wanted to ask how you get that work.

ive a 1201n with 4gb 800 kingston ram a unlocked bios and a sr-71e wifi card plus a ssd in it.

ive tried the last 3 days to get even a stick running but all i tried failed. every tutorial and whats ever failed.

ive a macbook pro retina with mac os 10.8.4 running ##### 1.6+ fails to create a usb stick so i got 1.5.3 and a stick was successfully made but when i put it in my 1201 and boot from it allways boot1 error comes up. ive never even come close to see a macos installer.

what ive
-a macos 10.8.4 dmg from app store.
-10.8.4 atom mach_kernel.
-osinstall 2 files for 10.8.4.
-smbios file.
-dsdt file 4gb

ive tried with several usb sticks (erased zero one pass).... different versions of chameleon boot loaders and so one nothing works allways boot1 error in the end. ive now fully erased the ssd with 1 partition ext3 formated.

maybe someone has a idea whats wrong otherwise i just give it up it seems to be just a waste of time.

thanks in advance vodo

Cirroz

Cirroz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

I can prepare dmg for you with /Extra folder.

You just need to unpack it to USB flash stick and make it bootable by installing Chameleon on it.

vodo

vodo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
@cirroz

that would be cool!

i just got a lion from a russian gui running (full disk image) the problem with that is its not legal (ive no lion) and ive no idea what he put all in it. but what i can see it works much faster and better on it than win8.

vodo

fantomas1

fantomas1

InsanelyMacaholic

• Supervisors
  • 2,816 posts

to vodo and Cirroz

hi guys

Posting or asking to post copyrighted material is not allowed on InsanelyMac.

We take this very seriously, so please do the same.

thank you for your understanding.

cordially, staff

vodo

vodo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
@fantomas

i thought since ive a legal copy of ML it would be ok sorry. but i got it run now anyway except sound and some other small things.

@Cirroz

i got it work 2 menory sticks didnt work propperly now with a brand new one it worked also to repace the full extra folder gave me mbr errors so i just replaced some files in it.

vodo

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,901 posts

Glad to know! Enjoy!

matteo73

matteo73

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Glad to knBow! Enjoy!

Hi, this my Geekbench

2011 points

2.25 ghz 

4 gb

ssd hd 128g

What do you think??

is it normal??

Anybody install Maverik last release in our notebook (..asus 1201N..!!)

Thank's 

.venice.

.venice.

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Hi, this my Geekbench

2011 points

2.25 ghz 

4 gb

ssd hd 128g

What do you think??

is it normal??

Anybody install Maverik last release in our notebook (..asus 1201N..!!)

Thank's 

Nice OC.  WIth modified BIOS found on the net one can achieve 667MHz bus which gives 2.00GHz. How did you manage to get to 2.25? BIOS pics would be more then welcome.

Don't know about Mavericks though. 

Got a question to all you lads:

Suddenly I can't copy anything to my desktop. When I drag n' drop items from Finder on the desktop, nothing happens. If I drag a file from one folder to my Desktop folder (under my user folder) within Finder it appears in the folder but not on the Desktop itself. Weird. Anyone had such issues?

I tried to repair permissions, changed ownerships etc. Nothing helps.

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,901 posts

Mavericks hangs with current kernel patcher module. I tried as soon as its DP1 came out with no success. We have to wait for Meklort to update the module.

All the best!

matteo73

matteo73

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Nice OC.  WIth modified BIOS found on the net one can achieve 667MHz bus which gives 2.00GHz. How did you manage to get to 2.25? BIOS pics would be more then welcome.

Don't know about Mavericks though. 

Got a question to all you lads:

Suddenly I can't copy anything to my desktop. When I drag n' drop items from Finder on the desktop, nothing happens. If I drag a file from one folder to my Desktop folder (under my user folder) within Finder it appears in the folder but not on the Desktop itself. Weird. Anyone had such issues?

I tried to repair permissions, changed ownerships etc. Nothing helps

Bios configuration:

CPU BSEL Select  FSB-667

System Clock Mode Unlinked

FSB Clock (Mhz) 750

Memory Clock (Mhz) 900

Memory Timing Auto

manmal

manmal

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts

i have problems with audio and 1201n ... sometimes it disappears (i don't want to use voodoohda, just applehda). Any solution ? Any UPDATED package for 1201n & mountain lion(or snow leopard)?

Thanks!

M

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,901 posts

If it disappears after waking fro sleep only, there's no known solution yet.

manmal

manmal

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts

hi, thank you for your reply. No, it disappears changing window while computer is active... (ie. youtube) or playing iTunes. After some seconds (10 or more) it continues again. No problem with audio after waking from sleep with snow leopard 10.6.8 . Mountain Lion is too slow for me... is it normal ? Or should i tweak it? Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy