• Please log in to reply
1032 replies to this topic

Loureiro

Loureiro

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

EDIT: Got past the error by taking out the npci=0x2000 string and choosing BuiltInEthernet=No in the boot.plist.

Loureiro,

I followed your guide to the minute but get stuck at devfs_kernal_mount : failed to find directory / (please see attached pic) during the install process.

https://www.dropbox....uuc/photo-1.JPG

I've googled the above but couldn't find any useful info at all.
Worth mentioning is that I'm using 10.8.2 as my boot source and not 10.8.0.
Also, Hacked 0326 Bios with ACHI selected and 2 GB of RAM (which seems right for the supplied DSDT)

If you, or anyone else got a clue what might cause this please chime in.

Thanks in advance,
Jens

check your USB stick. 1201 is a little tricky in terms of booting from USB. I've have many tries until I got pass "Still waiting for root device". If you're having problems with root device, restart the pc and change your USB stick to another port and try again. If does not work after a few tries, built another bootable usb stick

A good way to check if usb stick is booting good, is to have an eye on led activity and try to identify if USB is reading correctly or not.

Regarding to black screen. are you using PCIRootUID=0 ?I've had that on first boot with usb.

musikprylar

musikprylar

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi everyone.

Everything's working great now as reported in my previous post. Just got my Dell 1510 wifi card too so Wi-Fi is up and running too.
Re USB: Think I used Lion Boot Maker (might have done a Diskutil restore too, can't rememner) However, the problem was solved when taking out the npci flag from the bootlist. Next time I do something I should document it clearly. Now it's just a blur in my head, but happy to help anyone else If I can.

mondial

mondial

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts
Hi Guys,
Sometimes when shutting down or go to sleep by closing lid, my 1201N is loosing/resetting it's bios justifications (back to default / IDE instead of AHCI).
Can anybody tell me how to prevend of this behaviour?

thx Mondi

diomaiden

diomaiden

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

If I use the DSDT.aml included with mestiso-1201n-10.8.3.zip it results in the following text before it hangs:

RTC Only Single RAM BANK (128 bytes
PFM64 (32 CPU) 0x80000000, 0x80000000
[ PCI Configurator begin ]

I am pretty sure it is because of the amount of RAM being installed is 4GB.
I figure that this DSDT is not for 4GB systems, as when I remove one of the
sticks of RAM from the computer (leaving 2B installed) and try and boot into OS X,
everything works fine, the computer does not hang on boot up, and the audio works.

For right now, I am using the DSDT from the first post in this thread that was designed for 4GB systems.
In addition, I am using the AppleHDA and IOAudioFamily kexts that you included in the ISO.

This results in having audio, but it is choppy, and it cuts in and out during flash videos.
I hope this information helps.

Did you find any solution about the 4GB ram DSDT.aml , my friend ?
I'm in the very same position with you my friend Trosgrave !!
Maybe we should kindly ask

Mirone and Toleda to modify the 2gb DSDT they made for

theConnactic for all of us having 4GB Ram ..

I tried to decompile the dsdt but it is a pain in the us for someone not used to it....

tivimac

tivimac

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
I made modifications of mirone/toleda DSDT for 4GB and asuskeys support... The only problem that remains is that audio didn't come up after sleep. (from internal speakers) I know that this problem is linked with IOAudioFamily.kext but my knowledge didn't goes that far

From another forum: "There is an issue with Realtek Codec ALC269, which is no audio from the output devices after sleep. The reason is, because of an External Amplifier(EAPD) existing in it. This EAPD is not enabled by the AppleHDA after sleep"

Did you find any solution about the 4GB ram DSDT.aml , my friend ?
I'm in the very same position with you my friend Trosgrave !!
Maybe we should kindly ask

Mirone and Toleda to modify the 2gb DSDT they made for

theConnactic for all of us having 4GB Ram ..

I tried to decompile the dsdt but it is a pain in the us for someone not used to it....

Attached Files

• Attached File  DSDT.zip   19.17KB   83 downloads

trogscave

trogscave

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

I made modifications of mirone/toleda DSDT for 4GB and asuskeys support...

Thanks for the update. It works great so far.

flasher86

flasher86

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I have 1201n with 4GB RAM, overclocked to 2ghz by using modded bios. Everything works (audio after wake too), no crashes yet. Weird thing, i cannot use windows after OC (even by 5% OC it crashes just seconds after windows is loaded). But OSX works like a charm with OC. I got 2000 points in GEEKBENCH.

I love this netbook, though its getting pretty hot, and the battery lasts like 3 hours top. And in OSX i cannot measure CPU temp, is there some kext which works for this CPU?

I noticed that currently it's the most powerfull 'mac-able' netbook on the market (they didnt even create a faster netbook since two years). Maybe my Info is outdated, if anyone has some information about another this fast or faster netbook available to buy please share that info with me.

ps. I have Snow Leopard 10.6.8 and I don't consider upgrading (no see any reasons for that, plus I dont want to loose rosetta).

manmal

manmal

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts
flasher : me too... lion and mountain lion are way slower than snow in this machine. Some questions ...
1) have you got hdmi working(with audio too)? here it doesn't work...
2) do you have hibernation working when battery goes down to zero? here it doesn't work...
thanks!

tivimac

tivimac

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Thanks for the update. It works great so far.

How do you do with audio after sleep? is working for you?

tivimac

tivimac

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

How do you do with audio after sleep? is working for you?

OK....waiting for an answer about this..i had found a semi solution for sound after sleep.... with the kext attached you can resume from sleep... and have sound... the trick is reselect the built-in audio from system preferences. Is not perfect but is more easy than restarting every time to regain sound.

Attached Files

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,784 posts
Hey, tivimac, google for an app called RestartHDA: very easy workaround without modifying any kext, just run the app after waking the netbook. Hope it helps.

trogscave

trogscave

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

How do you do with audio after sleep?

Audio is non-functional after sleep; requiring a reboot.Can someone provide a working link for RestartHDA?I can't seem to find one.

Nevermind... I found it on some Russian site.
I have attached it for the convienience of others.

Attached Files

tivimac

tivimac

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Hey, tivimac, google for an app called RestartHDA: very easy workaround without modifying any kext, just run the app after waking the netbook. Hope it helps.

The app cannot be found....I had search on google even on Chinese forums....

Here's the file....from an italian site...

Attached Files

ZB0X

ZB0X

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi Guys!

This is my first post to your insanlymac forum.
I´ve been reading here for a long long time,but now I`m stuck at my Problem so i decided to ask some of you.

I made my bootable USB Installer with myHack. [My USB is a Kingston DataTraveler 8GB]
After that I copied the Extra folder from Loureiro´s Mountain Lion Package to the root of my USB.
When I boot i get stuck at the white Apple screen without this spinning wheel.
After that I put -v into my bootflags so i can see what makes my problems.
I can see a lot of HFS+ Files going trough.... but after 30 Seconds I just get a black screen.
I dont know what I have to do.. Its my first hackintosh.

Is somebody out there to help me?

Thanks
ZB0X

diomaiden

diomaiden

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

I made modifications of mirone/toleda DSDT for 4GB and asuskeys support... The only problem that remains is that audio didn't come up after sleep. (from internal speakers) I know that this problem is linked with IOAudioFamily.kext but my knowledge didn't goes that far

From another forum: "There is an issue with Realtek Codec ALC269, which is no audio from the output devices after sleep. The reason is, because of an External Amplifier(EAPD) existing in it. This EAPD is not enabled by the AppleHDA after sleep"

You are very welcome my friend. Thank you very much!

Gruni

Gruni

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,

First of all, I'd like to thank you.
I finally managed it to install ML 10.8.3 on my Asus 1201N 3GB.

Now my problems:
- My 1201n won't let me play bought iTunes movies. I get the known HDCP error.
Has anybody an idea how to solve it?
Prior installing ML, i had iAtkos L2 running on my 1201n which managed such contents.

- the other problem is playing audio via HDMI. I can remember that i found a solution for that somewhere, but I can't remember where.

- and when I install my kexts to S/L/E my battery indicator stops working after the system runs for approx. 5 minutes.

Any ideas?

tivimac

tivimac

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
I currently testing 10.8.4 all works BUT the HDMI AUDIO didn't works since the beginning with this laptop...

Hi,

First of all, I'd like to thank you.
I finally managed it to install ML 10.8.3 on my Asus 1201N 3GB.

Now my problems:
- My 1201n won't let me play bought iTunes movies. I get the known HDCP error.
Has anybody an idea how to solve it?
Prior installing ML, i had iAtkos L2 running on my 1201n which managed such contents.

- the other problem is playing audio via HDMI. I can remember that i found a solution for that somewhere, but I can't remember where.

- and when I install my kexts to S/L/E my battery indicator stops working after the system runs for approx. 5 minutes.

Any ideas?

matteo73

matteo73

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

I currently testing 10.8.4 all works BUT the HDMI AUDIO didn't works since the beginning with this laptop...

Help me, i need mach kernel atom 10.8.4

Thank's

tivimac

tivimac

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
You can use vainilla kernel...the only thing that you have to do is to activate kernel module at chameleon wizard (modules section)

Help me, i need mach kernel atom 10.8.4

Thank's

matteo73

matteo73

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

You can use vainilla kernel...the only thing that you have to do is to activate kernel module at chameleon wizard (modules section)

Ok, I'll try.

Is correct this way?:

- I don't delete mach_kernel_atom mountain lion 10.8.3
- "use kernel cache" in chameleon wizard, section miscellaneus
- then restart..

Thank's a lot

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy