• Please log in to reply
1046 replies to this topic

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,944 posts
Some benchmarks:

Attached File  Screen Shot 2013-03-15 at 9.08.04 PM.png   275.78KB   44 downloads

Attached File  Screen Shot 2013-03-15 at 9.22.35 PM.png   332.13KB   49 downloads

Attached File  Screen Shot 2013-03-15 at 9.23.07 PM.png   397.4KB   40 downloads

All the best!

SamReedy

SamReedy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
says its gonna take over an hour to install.....

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,944 posts
Yes, the update is huge and took an hour to be installed here indeed.

Good luck, Sam, and post please your results.

Best regards!

SamReedy

SamReedy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
installed and failed to boot.... booted into safe mode but wont boot normally

I get

kernel extensions in backtrace org.navi.oemsmbios

in -v mode

googled it and I need to

If you use FakeSMC plugins, and get a kernel panic after reboot. Boot into safe mode by typing -x at the Chimera boot screen. Then navigate to /System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext/Contents/Plugins/ and delete OEMsmbios.kext. Then reboot

but cant find the plugins folder in the fake SMC file....

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,944 posts
It's at the Extensions folder itself: just delete it. :)

All the best!

SamReedy

SamReedy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

It's at the Extensions folder itself: just delete it. :)

All the best!

Cool cheers, ill give it ago in a bit

Any chance I can have some help with my sound?

SamReedy

SamReedy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
not worked, im still getting the same error after deleting OemSmbios and repairing the extension folder

SamReedy

SamReedy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
decided to open it up to remove all the dust that was in the fan put it all back together and nothing :(

think ive killed it :(

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,944 posts
Aw, man! That's crap! Doesn't it even turn on anymore? Take it to a tech, before trashing it.

Scorch95

Scorch95

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
I have a 1201n and I'm trying to install 10.6 but when I run the USB it loads the grey screen with the hdd graphic and then to a blank grey screen but before it gets any further it kernal panics saying should have 2 cores but only found one on die 0.

I've had it working once before and it did this and I tried to do a clean install and still the same problem. Changed hdd to a spare and still no luck.

Unfortunately I don't have a Mac available to use and this is really my first go around with osx so I'm not very knowledgable with terms or procedures. Any help is greatly appreciated.

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,944 posts
Hi, Scorch!

I think you should try Mountain Lion. Snow Leopard was great, but now it's simply to much outdated, if not yet obsolete. That said, unfortunately, the tutorial of the first posts is aimed at getting Lion to work, not Snow Leopard. Try it! I guarantee it works. Follow it exactly as described! Don't overlook any step because it seems unnecessary or redundant. Once you get Lion up and running, post here for help on how to upgrade to Mountain Lion.

All the best!

SamReedy

SamReedy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Aw, man! That's {censored}! Doesn't it even turn on anymore? Take it to a tech, before trashing it.

I know, probably killed the motherboard, might just strip it and sell its parts

mondial

mondial

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts

decided to open it up to remove all the dust that was in the fan put it all back together and nothing :(

think ive killed it :(

I once overclocked my 1201 and couldn't even start bios.
Solution: I opened my 1201n and resetted the bios (by unplugging the battery for a minute)
Please take care, that you don't hurt or clamp any cable (fan)!
maybe that helps...

try it Mondi

Loureiro

Loureiro

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
Hi folks. My 1201n is running 10.6.8 fast and stable with Atom running at 2Ghz and 2Gig of memory. Everything works, even ACPI brightness slider works without resetting bios.

I don't really feel the need to install ML, but MAS has so many apps that aren't anymore compatible with SL... I'm falling behind then!

I spent so many hours trying to setup my triple boot with hybrid partition table that I'm afraid of trying to upgrade and mess all the work I've done, and end with a slower OS with some bugs that I'm not experiencing now with SL.

My question is: Is it worth upgrading to get the most recent apps? Will I get more issues than on SL? ML is that much slower that SL?

I've read this thread using search tool, but I didn't conclude anything about it :b

Thanks in Advance,
Loureiro

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,944 posts
Hi!

Mountain Lion is faster than Snow Leopard, except for the boot/shutdown time, where Snow Leopard wins hands down. There are some features in Mountain Lion (in fact, some of them introduced with Lion) that i found not so useful in the beginning, like Mission Control, the iCloud services or the Launchpad, that became crucial for my workflow. Besides, it's just like you said: Snow Leopard, a winner in his era, is on the way to obsolescence. If i think it's worthy upgrading to Mountain Lion? Yes, i do. Now, is it worthy to upgrade in your particular case, since Snow Leopard works perfectly - which is rare with a hackintoshed laptop? Perhaps, if you think the benefits would be bigger than the time and work you'll spend setting things up, always considering the possibility the things going awry. It's up to you. My 1201N has everything working with Mountain Lion, except for HDMI audio.

All the best!

Loureiro

Loureiro

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Hi!

Mountain Lion is faster than Snow Leopard, except for the boot/shutdown time, where Snow Leopard wins hands down. There are some features in Mountain Lion (in fact, some of them introduced with Lion) that i found not so useful in the beginning, like Mission Control, the iCloud services or the Launchpad, that became crucial for my workflow. Besides, it's just like you said: Snow Leopard, a winner in his era, is on the way to obsolescence. If i think it's worthy upgrading to Mountain Lion? Yes, i do. Now, is it worthy to upgrade in your particular case, since Snow Leopard works perfectly - which is rare with a hackintoshed laptop? Perhaps, if you think the benefits would be bigger than the time and work you'll spend setting things up, always considering the possibility the things going awry. It's up to you. My 1201N has everything working with Mountain Lion, except for HDMI audio.

All the best!

Thank you for your answer! Well I guess I'll try to find some spare time to backup my data and install mountain lion without installing Lion first... If I succeed I'll drop here some kind of guide

I've tried earlier but I was in a rush and building USB installer with *uni* wasn't enough. Time to create a backup partition and use Carbon Copy. If it goes wrong, I still have SL working I guess :D

Thank you again!

EDIT1: Got it properly installed and booting only in safe mode. AppleCPUPowerManagement is causing KP. I'll see this later.

Btw, the installation and first boot was pretty straight forward.

rob801

rob801

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Mountain Lion all the way - currently using 10.8.2 with no probs whatsoever.
Using Chameleon v2.2svn r2189
Installed using purchased 10.8.0, made bootable usb from info scattered about on here... then updated using combo update and reinstalled kexts to S/L/E
Sound working, sleep working, and imessage/iCloud/Facetime using chameleon and FileNVRAM module

anybody any success on sound out of HDMI???

I really wish there was a fix... only thing ive found was this - i do get some noise thru Hdmi maybe its worth a look into? http://olarila.com/f...php?f=19&t=3059

Loureiro

Loureiro

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
theconnatic are you using vanilla kernel with kernel patcher module on 10.8.3?

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,944 posts
Yes!

Mestiso

Mestiso

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
@theconnactic, could you please attach all of your files that you used?

S/L/E, /Extra, DSDT, any plugins, cham revision, kernel modules (really only these two?), etc.?
What did you changed besides wireless card and little OC with modded BIOS?

You know, every custom thing you need for your, AFAIK, nearly perfect, current 1201n installation.

I now have a well functioning 10.8.3 system, but I see (also on other forums) that you probably did it much better.
Just curious. How.

Thanks a lot!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy