954 replies to this topic

jorde73

jorde73

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Last Version, 0326

Today I install first SL till 10.6.8,then download again Lion, and again Lion stick. I hope will be ok, but I did the Lion guide step by step till now also...

Hi, I installed again 10.6.8 SL, first cannot log in Apple Store, now Networkplist deleted, ok. But now it says I cannot install Lion 10.7 on this computer.
I dont want to install, I want to download again, what I have bought already.

How ?

Theres no Download button anymore, just install.

"This version of Mac OS X 10.7 cannot be installed on this computer."

nasseau

nasseau

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Hi, I installed again 10.6.8 SL, first cannot log in Apple Store, now Networkplist deleted, ok. But now it says I cannot install Lion 10.7 on this computer.
I dont want to install, I want to download again, what I have bought already.

How ?

Theres no Download button anymore, just install.

"This version of Mac OS X 10.7 cannot be installed on this computer."

Option-click on the name of the Lion app.
and please try to use google for basic things like this one :D

jorde73

jorde73

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Option-click on the name of the Lion app.
and please try to use google for basic things like this one :D

I used it, have read it, and Option-Click on the name of the App tried, but the message is the same.
In my situation with 10.6.8 Install some Component, Driver didnt updated, thats why I get the message "This version of Mac OS X 10.7 cannot be installed on this computer"

First with this 1201n downloaded Lion, there was no problem, but now, after 10.6.8 yes, I have problem with this.

And I have read abuot our (another) Error message(...lookup_entry_2 or sg else) also, I am not the only one who has this problem.

If a problem exist, it doesnt mean 100% that this person did sg wrong. It could be sg else.

So I look after this message, because Option-Click is not the solution.

Thanks

mondial

mondial

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

No need usb kb & mouse.
In terminal
cd /System/Library/CoreServices/Setup\ Assistant.app/Contents/
sudo nano Info.plist

delete this lines
<string>DeviceSection</string>
<string>KeyboardTypeSection</string>

Sava Ctrl+O & Exit then reboot

To turn off the BT is only for reducing powerconsumption, or?
And why is that option available but can't be changed (greyed out) in the BlueTooth-PrefPane?
Best Mondi

nasseau

nasseau

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

I used it, have read it, and Option-Click on the name of the App tried, but the message is the same.
In my situation with 10.6.8 Install some Component, Driver didnt updated, thats why I get the message "This version of Mac OS X 10.7 cannot be installed on this computer"

First with this 1201n downloaded Lion, there was no problem, but now, after 10.6.8 yes, I have problem with this.

And I have read abuot our (another) Error message(...lookup_entry_2 or sg else) also, I am not the only one who has this problem.

If a problem exist, it doesnt mean 100% that this person did sg wrong. It could be sg else.

So I look after this message, because Option-Click is not the solution.

Thanks

click "Purchases" while keeping pressed the option key

jorde73

jorde73

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

click "Purchases" while keeping pressed the option key

Thanks, but doesnt help as I wrote.
When I click Install then comes the message, "This version of Mac OS X 10.7 cannot be installed on this computer"

There´s only 1 Button, Install. Not Redownload or sg. If I click, comes this message.
Thats what I wrote before.

jorde73

jorde73

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Thanks, but doesnt help as I wrote.
When I click Install then comes the message, "This version of Mac OS X 10.7 cannot be installed on this computer"

There´s only 1 Button, Install. Not Redownload or sg. If I click, comes this message.
Thats what I wrote before.

I found this:
""distribution" file inside OSINSTALL.MPKG of Lion does a few checks before Lion decides if and how installation is possible:

CPU is native 64 bit and has at least 2 cores

2 x 1024MB of Ram minimal, else blocked install.

Mac Serial Numbers / mac Model IDs ( some are blocked, early mac minis for example )

If Mac has a DVD drive ( only then dvdplayer.app is installed )

If it is a Server on the software and/or on the hardware side ( offering Server tools and blocks upgrades for 10.4.11 server )

and some more.."

But how can it be, that before with 10.6.7 I did it, I downloaded it... About this mac says 1,6 dual core cpu, I have 4gb ram, but I tried, my serial number is not valid... it has to be changed.
Maybe that is the Solution.

EDIT, yes, this is the solution, ##### install and it can change your Serial Number like a Macbook Pro.
Then Lion OSX can be downloaded.

jorde73

jorde73

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
Today again, SL 10.6.8, then Lion, but I cannot boot into the prepaired USB Stick...
Always restart or other Errors...
Again...

SwedishGojira

SwedishGojira

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Interests:Movies, games, graphical design, computers.
I'll now try for the sixth time to update to Lion from a recovered SL via Time Machine.
Same errors as the last few attempts, but I have now found a post that claims that installing Lion a second time to the same drive should fix this. Can't hurt to try...

I have also been suggested to remove one of my RAM-sticks and try with only 2GB of RAM.
Next thing to try tomorrow if the first experiment fails...

dreamer_

dreamer_

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Hello:

I'm trying to upgrade my Asus 1201N from 10.6.8 to Lion.

I made the USB disk, and everything seems to be fine since I get the same nstat_lookup_entry problem that some of you described. There's a thread talking about this issue here:

http://www.insanelym...hp/t263249.html

About the +4Gb Ram, here is explained why it does not work:
http://forum.eeeuser...hp?id=82918&p=2
The BIOS recognizes the extra ram, but seems that there's a firmware problem.

(sorry for the bad english)

Thanks

It was a chameleon problem. I repaired permissions with disk utility, then installed the 1203 using chameleon wizard. I did all three metods.
Now I'm having the issue that the installer says that Lion could not be installed in this machine

Thanks

SwedishGojira

SwedishGojira

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Interests:Movies, games, graphical design, computers.
Wow! I cannot believe it! I now have a working copy of Lion :)
The fix for all the errors I've been having during boot was simply fixed by installing Lion a second time over the first!
Sounds weird, but it works :)

dreamer_

dreamer_

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

It was a chameleon problem. I repaired permissions with disk utility, then installed the 1203 using chameleon wizard. I did all three metods.
Now I'm having the issue that the installer says that Lion could not be installed in this machine

Thanks

Well, repeating the step 9, everything is fine and did a fresh install. Thanks a lot, nasseau and crazyjuice and to everyrone that made this possible :-)

Edit: Just enabled audio, network, trim and some few hacks. I miss the 64 bit kernel. I'm trying in com.apple.Boot.plist with:

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>arch=x86_64 npci=0x2000</string>

From the Extra folder, but seems that doesn't work.

Lion looks really nice :)

Thanks a lot again.

nasseau

nasseau

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Well, repeating the step 9, everything is fine and did a fresh install. Thanks a lot, nasseau and crazyjuice and to everyrone that made this possible :-)

Edit: Just enabled audio, network, trim and some few hacks. I miss the 64 bit kernel. I'm trying in com.apple.Boot.plist with:

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>arch=x86_64 npci=0x2000</string>

From the Extra folder, but seems that doesn't work.

Lion looks really nice ;)

Thanks a lot again.

if you're using chameleon 1203 you must edit org.chameleon.Boot.plist and not com.apple.Boot.plist

dreamer_

dreamer_

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

if you're using chameleon 1203 you must edit org.chameleon.Boot.plist and not com.apple.Boot.plist

Done. Thanks a lot nasseau

Edit: I noticed that there's a warning at boot saying "hibernate image is too old". Does anybody have this issue? I have read that seems to be related to the DSDT

Thanks.

jorde73

jorde73

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
I cant believe it, I did it...

Chameleon 3 times 3 methods install, and 2gb ram with 2gb dsdt.aml, first lion install, 8 minutes left, KP, but the 2nd one was ok, maybe I did sg with the cables...

Thanks for you Crazy Juice and Nessaeu, thanks for you All.

EDIT: In details: I installed 3 times Chameleon, Boot0HFS, Boot0, Update, and not download, just from Directory, and I used 2GB only with the 2GB dsdt.aml, then it was high time :-) but the boot to Lion was ok, first install, I think I did sg with the extended HD cabe, 8 minutes left, Kernel Panic, I started again, and it was ok.

I think the Serialnumbers are not real (I checked it), and thats why comes the message: "10.7 cannot be installed on this computer" I changed it with "tonymac's ##### programm, system identification was like a 8,1 Macbook Pro, then it was ok also. Now I have again this not real Serial, Apple Store said when I wanted to download Lion, "10.7 cannot be installed..." Its funny, I already have...

crazyjuice

crazyjuice

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
ASUS Mac OS X Lion Boot Maker v1.0.0 (Final Release)

ASUS 1201N Mac OS X Lion Boot Maker Installation Guide

REQUIREMENTS:

1. New prepared GUID formatted USB DRIVE (min 8 GB) with volume name “Installer_Lion
2. Original copy of Mac OS X Lion “Install Mac OS X Lion.app” located in Your /Applications/ folder
3. 15-30 minutes to prepare USB (depends on USB Drive speed)
4. THIS IS NOT A POSTINSTALL TOOL!

HOW TO:

1. Run ASUS 1201N Mac OS X Lion Boot Maker
2. Customize your installation or use Standard Install
3. During installation do not unmount any images
4. Installation will take approximately 15-30 minutes
5. Enjoy!

P.S.

Thanks to nesseau and TiGuy82 for testing !!!!

If you will find some bugs please do not post them on forum just pm me!!!

POSTINSTALL Tool coming soon!!!

http://www.mediafire...9oimavws6mg1jrn

Laberlohe

Laberlohe

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts
Ahoi crazyjuice,

first: many thanks for your install-tool.

Unfortunately it doesn't work - I think I'm too stupid...

Because I don't know the reason why the preparation of the usb key failed, I attached my error log. Maybe you or a tester can see my mistake?

Cheers,

Laberlohe

Edit: Seems to work on the 1201n itself (running bare 10.6.0 system without any additional kext or bootloader). Maybe there is a problem with the 3 physical (and 7 logical) disks in my HackPro - or the NTFS-driver for the WIN-partition...

Attached Files

crazyjuice

crazyjuice

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Ahoi crazyjuice,

first: many thanks for your install-tool.

Unfortunately it doesn't work - I think I'm too stupid...

Because I don't know the reason why the preparation of the usb key failed, I attached my error log. Maybe you or a tester can see my mistake?

Cheers,

Laberlohe

problem is here :

installd[7743]: ./preinstall: Could not find disk for /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System

colud you do me a favour and check after mounting InstallESD.dmg if u have a file called BaseSystem.dmg?

Laberlohe

Laberlohe

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts

colud you do me a favour and check after mounting InstallESD.dmg if u have a file called BaseSystem.dmg?

I have:
/Applications/Install Mac OS X Lion.app/Contents/SharedSupport/InstallESD.dmg/BaseSystem.dmg
So the answer shoud be: yes.

Dunno if it matters, but preparation can be done on any Mac or Hack?

diablos872001

diablos872001

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Dunno if it matters, but preparation can be done on any Mac or Hack?

I've done the process on a Dell Mini 9 with Snow Leopard 10.6.7 an the new tool "boot maker 1.0.0".
Unfortunately I haven't yet
my Asus 1201N because i bought it from second hand and it is "on the road" to come here.

But the installation over an 8Gb USB stick went right (i think) because it says "succesfully installed".

Now I wait my PC and then i'll post if all went good (or bad ;) )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy