• Please log in to reply
1046 replies to this topic

raynn

raynn

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

so I reverted back to Lion, it just seems for my case Lion is snappier than ML although ML is cool. ICloud and MAS works fine but Facetime is not working, i cannot log in , the wheel just keeps on spinning until it times out. I tried biirds fix but that did not work for me. any help is appreciated. thanks

The usual things to try/check:

1. Make sure Ethernet is en0
2. Delete NetworkInterfaces.plist file
3. Try a new smbios file (Macbook 5,1 and MacbookAir2,1 seem to be the most compatible)
4. Check your Hardware UUID! :)
5. Inject ethernet PCI string into smbios.plist

Hi,

I have been long using your work and I would like to thank you all.

Last weekend i decided to install an ssd, it was already upgraded to 4gb ram an dell's wifi card. I also installed 336 bios mod.

I decided to give it a tray with ML (rayn's thanks for your resum it fully worked), but I rather pref SL, i tested old thread metoth but i hangs on pci root uid not found or nvidia 9400 info.

can anyone point me? I tried without ahci injector but as i remember it turned in KP.

I haven't tried SL with my 1201n, but normally in my Hackintosh life, when it hangs on PCI root, the first thing I try is to boot with npci=0x2000 or npci=0x3000.

If it still doesn't work, I'll say it's a kext issue.

mick0uziel

mick0uziel

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
ok, i downloaded champlist and modified the smbios.plist and regenerated a new serial. now FAcetime works yehey!, i downloaded iMessagesBeta also and it works like a charm. its almost like ML now. thanks

raynn

raynn

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
I believe iMessageBeta only works until Dec 14th. It expires then.

Hm... just tested VGA out on ML, and it didn't work. Second monitor didn't show up in System Preferences -> Display.
Anyone got this working?

mick0uziel

mick0uziel

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
i tried the vga port with Lion and it works fine, once i connected the vga, i went to display preferences and clicked detect displays and it showed up.
Oh i did not know that iMessagebeta will stop working, too bad. hope they keep it.

Lion just works snappier for my 1201N, not sure why. Youtube works fine now. Netflix and comcast on demand still has audio problems. not sure what happened but before i switched to ML i know netflix was flawless.

raynn

raynn

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
Got VGA working, but have to connect monitor prior to booting.

vince22

vince22

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

i tried the vga port with Lion and it works fine, once i connected the vga, i went to display preferences and clicked detect displays and it showed up.
Oh i did not know that iMessagebeta will stop working, too bad. hope they keep it.

Lion just works snappier for my 1201N, not sure why. Youtube works fine now. Netflix and comcast on demand still has audio problems. not sure what happened but before i switched to ML i know netflix was flawless.

Also sticking with Lion here, No ML for now, 1080p sluggish......1201N + Sammy 830 SSD + 64bit Win8 rocks by the way. :thumbsup_anim:

mondial

mondial

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

.........Update: Fixed ethernet. Fully working now (cable insert, removal, sleep)1. Remove AtherosL1CEthernet.kext.2. Install the attached ALXEthernet.kext. Rebuild cache/permissions, reboot. Presto!

THANK You, thank you! --- Waited for this driver: Now this "ALX defines for Linux to Mac compatibility" ethernet seems to work without any bugs ... really great functionality, no bugs!!

Meanwhile I did a new install because I had
  • NO AppStore
  • NO FT
  • NO Airdrop
  • NO NetworkNeighborhood
  • but iCloud & Sound OK!
so ..... instead of nireshs' install, I chose UB153 with ryann's kexts for 10.8 usbinstallation and mtec's kexts after the 10.8.2 comboupdate. Before rebooting I changed kernel, did all mtec's extensions, installed cham v2.1-1820trunk and made my own smbios (MB5.1, late 2009). No dsdt now, but will check all functions. Install time tutto completto: about 3 hours.
Now I have:

BIOS[326]: AHCI, NorthBridge: FSB-677MHz ==> OC to 2GHz, ryann's dsdt [4GB], hibernate: mode 3

Now I got:
  • FT ok, cam ok
  • iCloud ok
  • ethernet & wlan ok (ALX kexts! + dell1510)
  • App Store ok
  • Airdrop ok
  • Monitor(builtin 1300x720) + HDMI-DVI Adapter to Monitor(external 1600x1200) ok
  • BT ok (at booting mouse available after 2-3 s when Loginscreen and also 2-3 s after sleep)
  • sleep ok (sleep: ~15s, wakeup: ~4s , hibernate mode:3)
  • shutdown NOK (maybe over clocking doesn't shutdown fine... I often get the message to choose F1 or F2 when booting, do I need AHCI in normal booting or can I use default IDE? all at hibernate mode : 0 (I changed to 0 before I had my dsdt and all right kexts...)
  • shutdown ok now! (at hibernate mode : 3)
  • Network Neighborhood (== network shares, NAS) ok
  • Sound ok (ryann's HDA+IOAudio+IOAudio2)
  • Hotkeys [Fn+] F1:Sleep ok, F2: BT/WLan NOK, F5/F6:brightness up/down ok, F7,F8,F9 NOK, F10,F11,F12:Sound up/down/on/off ok
Best Mondi

LoadedKexts done by KextWizard v3.7.10

Attached Files

raynn

raynn

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
For sound, make sure VoodooHDA is not installed. If it is, remove it.

Install all three sound kexts found in mtec's zip file on page 32.

Repair permissions, rebuilt kext cache.

Hotkeys kext should also work for audio up/down/off too.

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,944 posts
Hello, folks!

I'm proud to be a newcomer in the realm of the ASUS 1201n. What an amazing netbook. And, of course, i want to make it a hackintosh. For that i'll need all your help, since the task is showing itself far difficult than i expected.

First of all, i just realized the only option for SATA mode i have in BIOS is IDE - no AHCI! How can i overcome it? It's the default for this model of netbook, and that means i should proceed to install OSX using the guides available here, or is it some kind of bad luck i had? If it's the case, is there any BIOS update out there so i can have the AHCI feature, or same special method which enables me to run Mountain Lion on IDE drives?

Thank you very much!

EDIT 1: followed the instructions of page 1, made a GUID USB stick with Lion as shown, replaced extra, used the 2GB DSDT, yet i'm stuck on Still Waiting for Root Device...

EDIT 2: reading this topic all over again, i found out that flash the BIOS with a mod rom is the only way to have the AHCI option. I'm quite impressed an information that important wasn't there in the first post. Here it is, so you can edit it: Attached File  1201N_AHCI_unlock.rom.zip   670.04KB   93 downloads

EDIT 3: With the correct BIOS installed, the installation went smoothly. Now, passing to the post installation phase.

EDIT 4: Everything up and running. The boot time is terribly slow, but i'll solve it later. I have a spare Atheros 9285 mini pci-e card, can i use it as a replacement for the stock one?

EDIT 5: Did the replacement: now i have wifi, with AirPortAtheros loaded. It appears at the System Preferences network pane as a Bluetooth Pan, but that doesn't bother me at all. About the boot time, it appears to be related to the fact i use a MacBookAir 4,1 SMBIOS. Since i'm not changing it in the short term, i think i'll have to adapt.

SamReedy

SamReedy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
Currently running lion and wanting to update to ML

recently installed ML on my PC so used the same installer USB but just added the 12012 kernal and extra etc, its causing a bootloop

thoughts?

How have you guys prepared your usb?

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,944 posts
Hi, Sam!

Download a recent chameleon version (say, 2.2 r2117) and install it with the kernel patcher module. With it, you can use the stock 10.8.x mach kernel without any worries: the bootloader will patch it for you.

Best regards!

SamReedy

SamReedy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
That's probably why! I'm booting it from the hard drives chameleon....

I shall give it ago

SamReedy

SamReedy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
got into the instillation and it failed (although my other hackintgtosh did this and still booted up) this wouldnt boot up.... would load all the kexts in verbous mode but then would just stay on a black screen

any ideas? things I can try?

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,944 posts
Again, use the patcher module of chameleon itself. You're somehow missing this step.

Let's use some instructions step-by-step:

1) Download this chameleon package: http://www.osx86.net...2svn_r2117.html

2) Run the package, making sure you install it to your USB Installer. Select "Customize" and make sure you check all "Modules" boxes, specially "Kernel Patcher"

3) Boot from your usb. Use the flags rd=disk0s2 mach_kernel npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=Y -v

4) Install Mountain Lion.

Good luck.

SamReedy

SamReedy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
it failed again but after restart it KP's

unsupported CPU....

kernal extensions in backtrace
CPU powermanagment

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,944 posts
Sam, you must also follow instructions on the first page, obviously adapting them to Mountain Lion instead of Lion.

Specifically, copy the Extra folder provided with these files: - http://www.mediafire...fz993wdhtv9p9l3 - to the root of your USB installer.

Good luck.

SamReedy

SamReedy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
Hmmm tis being a pain, copied several different extra files and its still not booting, either gives a a kp or just a blank screen....

SamReedy

SamReedy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
After creating several usb sticks I can't boot to the gui, it kp's....

I followed the 1st post exactly and used the extra files from the link, run me through step by step on how you created your bootable usb

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,944 posts
Hi, Sam!

Sorry, but i simply cannot imagine something more step by step than the first guide, with the caveat they omitted the necessity to flash the BIOS (or that wasn't really necessary, but i only got it working after flashing mine, see attachment in my installing post). I think you should start over, reading and re-reading that topic to grasp every single little detail. It will take your time, patience and hard work, but in the end you'll have a wonderful OSX experience (everything works, which is amazing; geekbench scores over 1500, which is also amazing).

I'm on 10.8.3 beta now and it seems to be the most stable iteration for my 1201n, paradoxical as it is: 10.8.0 has some annoyances, like TextEdit and other core apps not opening, and with 10.8.2, everything worked fine until i migrated my data from my anterior netbook, the T101-MT. With the beta 10.8.3, everything is solved. As a side note, the first OSX iteration i installed was Lion, first 10.7.0 and then 10.7.5, and both worked flawlessly. I wanted Mountain Lion, though. :)

Good luck and good hack.

P.S.: Install the latest chameleon and be sure to install the kernel patcher module and the nvram module, and only these two (look for the how-to in the boot loaders forum in the Developers Corner section). Then, edit your org.chameleon.plist to be exactly the same as before, but under the kernel key, change from mach_kernel_atom to simply mach_kernel (all the other variables must remain the same: be careful to not screw your plist when installing Chameleon, preferentially backing it up before the installation). That should solve the panic issues.

SamReedy

SamReedy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
I know! I've done 4 hackintosh's so far and I'm doing everything right and just using the ml files instead, chameleon is all set up like you said.... Gonna start all over again I thinks

Thanks for your help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy