• Please log in to reply
1037 replies to this topic

jcesarsh

jcesarsh

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Ahhh, I updated to 10.8.2 and now I have a kernel panic "Unable to find driver for this platform "ACPI" ... IOPlatformExpert.cpp:1544"

EDIT: Fixed with the kernel mtek posted on page 32

EDIT2: I can't download from the itunes store, is there any fix for 1.8.2? the fix I've found is for 1.8.1

guenthergruen

guenthergruen

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
I ran into problems over problems using ###### whatever kernel I used.

so here is what I did to get Win 7 and ML running from the same disk (alternatively to my wife's macbook on second run I used niresh's distro and created a little partiton (10GB) as a backup boot. It has been handy to access the main HDD when not quite bootable or not bootable again).
  • updated BIOS to 0326 unlocked to unlock AHCI
  • Set FSB to 667 in BIOS
  • downloaded ML 10.8.2 from app store
  • downloaded myHack 3.1.2 from here http://myhack.sojugarden.com/guide/
  • booted Win 7 USB and partitioned the HDD into one partition for windows - left the rest as free space.
  • installed win 7 into that partition (it actually creates an additional partition for its boot sector)
  • used the wife's Macbook partition the remaining free space and format with extended journaled
  • selected create installer and then 10.8. and then chose the ML I downloaded from the app store
  • it created a bootable USB like ######, I simply exchanged the mach_kernel at the root of the installer with the one for 10.8.2 from Mtek's post and added a DSDT and a SMBIOS
  • boot into BIOS disable USB Controller 2.0
  • After setting everything up reboot using the win 7 USB installer

• at the first window press shift and F10

• type diskpart

• list disks

• select disk 0 (if that is your HDD)

• list partition

• select partition 1 (if that is your future ML drive)

• type active

• reboot

• select the myHack USB installer
  • booted right through.
  • install into that partition
  • when Myhack asked me what kind of extra to use I rebooted to have system as vanilla as possible.
  • used wife's macbook again to install chameleon 2063
  • dropped the 10.8.2 kernel in the root of the newly installed HDD
  • dropped dsdt and smbios in extra and Mtek's kexts in SLE
  • booted into that install...
  • once in used MB to install Voodoo HDA and Legacy USB (otherwise I lost my 2.0 compatibilty) and PS2 fix
  • to use windows simply select that system boot partition on the chameleon boot menu, DON'T select the partition where you have installed windows. (if it doesn't boot, use win7 USB and then diskpart to make the "win 7 system" partition active then click on repair in main menu and follow directions)
Thats it for me. For DSDT patching I used this guide , SMBIOS: macbook 5.1
Well, I still don't have iCloud but at least its a clean install, thanks to Mtek and rampagedev and all the others who have helped me.

jcesarsh

jcesarsh

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
I got iCloud, app store and the other things working, I fixed it the same way I did with my desktop

First of all download EFI Studio (from this topic for example www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/109793-efi-studio-video-audio-y-red-sin-drivers/)

Open EFIStudio and select Ethernet, selected Add Device. Then click write to com.apple.boot.plist.
- Then go to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.boot.plist and selected the new key and string it added.
- Then copy this string and paste into the /Extra/com.apple.boot.plist file and save. (In my case I copied it to org.chameleon.Boot.plist)

Then important STEP!
- Remove all network devices from System Preferences/Network.
- Delete Library/Preferences/System configuration/NetworkInterfaces.plist file.

* Finally, Reboot.

After reboot, go to System Preferences/Network add add devices. Click (Ethernet) FIRST!! Then add the other adapters you use to connect to the internet.

Now I only have a problem, I have 3GB of ram, I installed mountain lion with 2GB, now I changed the dsdt.aml with the 3GB dsdt.aml form the lion files on the first post, turned off, installed the other 1GB of ram, but now mountain lion doesn't work.

Do I have to do something more than just copy the 3GB dsdt.aml? or the 3GB dsdt.aml doesn't work on mountain lion? how can edit some of the dsdt.aml files on this topic to change the 4GB or 2GB to 3GB? or do somebody have a 3GB dsdt.aml working fine with mountain lion?

chrisrand

chrisrand

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
@jcesarsh

Here is the requested DSDT, actually its 3 of them for all configuration types 2gb 3gb and 4gb

http://www.sendspace.com/file/e2vg0f

BTW, great profile pic, it perfectly exemplifies all of my OSX experiances from the past 4 yeas

Attached Files

jcesarsh

jcesarsh

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
With this DSDT I get the same, a black screen after the apple screen.
Tried with PCIRootUID=0 but nothing changed
Any suggestion?

EDIT: I think it was the problem I had from the begining, I couldn't install moutain lion until I removed 1GB of RAM and used the 2GB DSDT instead the 3GB DSDT.

raynn

raynn

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
I have 10.8.2 running on my 1201N.

- using MacBook 5,1 smbios
- using 4GB dsdt
- using mtek's 10.8.2 kernel

Here are the issues I am having:

1. No multitouch. I have tried Voodoo PS2 kext. I have also tried MB's PS/2 keyboard/Mice/Trackpad. Fixed permissions, rebuilt cache. When using either Voodoo or MB, trackpad still works as a mouse, keyboard does not work.

2. No iCloud/Facetime. Already am using proper dsdt, smbios, and mtek's 10.8.2 kernel. Tried deleting S/L/P folder and restarting. Facetime cannot register. iCloud tells me account is valid, but not an iCloud account. Can log in to iCloud on Apple devices using this account.

3. My battery shows charging at 98%. It never increases. Using Voodoo battery, Apple ACPI.

4. I cannot disable Bluetooth from the icon, or System Preferences. The option is greyed out.

Can anyone offer tips to getting these to work? I have read through this whole thread many times. Thanks!

DuxTm

DuxTm

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I installed 10.8.2 on my 1201N but can't get the sound working. I tried all kext utility's possible, in every possible way and the sound kexts won't work. :(
In Lion I had no similar problems.

mtek

mtek

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

I have 10.8.2 running on my 1201N.

- using MacBook 5,1 smbios
- using 4GB dsdt
- using mtek's 10.8.2 kernel

Here are the issues I am having:

1. No multitouch. I have tried Voodoo PS2 kext. I have also tried MB's PS/2 keyboard/Mice/Trackpad. Fixed permissions, rebuilt cache. When using either Voodoo or MB, trackpad still works as a mouse, keyboard does not work.

2. No iCloud/Facetime. Already am using proper dsdt, smbios, and mtek's 10.8.2 kernel. Tried deleting S/L/P folder and restarting. Facetime cannot register. iCloud tells me account is valid, but not an iCloud account. Can log in to iCloud on Apple devices using this account.

3. My battery shows charging at 98%. It never increases. Using Voodoo battery, Apple ACPI.

4. I cannot disable Bluetooth from the icon, or System Preferences. The option is greyed out.

Can anyone offer tips to getting these to work? I have read through this whole thread many times. Thanks!

Try a Macbook Air 2,1 smbios instead. Do you have ethernet working? If so go to system information and see if it's enabled as device "en0". Wifi should be device "en1".

4) Did you enable the bluetooth in BIOS and in Windows?

Mestiso

Mestiso

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Okay, all these posts are very confusing and I don't know which I should take as my base.

Can someone write a new, clear guide how to install Mountain Lion 10.8.2? I have a fresh and shiny package from the Mac App Store.

- what kexts/kernel should I put on installation drive (and where: SLE, Extra)?
- may I prepare it with U B, other tool or I have to do it manually?
- do I need to do something during installation (like removing PS/2 Keyboard strings from .plists)?
- do your method work with iCloud? (yes, I know exactly how to do it by removing & adding network interfaces in the right order)
- should I use anything from M B or other tool after installation?
- which Chameleon bootloader version, or Clover maybe?
- how about DSDT files?
- can you list and upload your kexts?
- did I forgot something?

I'm sick with my current 10.7.0 install, because few months ago I got some problems with upgrading (endless PCI conf begin/KPs, perhaps some weird 1201n model) and I want to upgrade finally, but without whole week of testing again.

I have Dell 1510 Wi-Fi card inside, stock 2GB of RAM and modded BIOS with overclocked CPU (2.0 GHz @ 667MHz FSB).

Thanks for any reply, seriously. Asus 1201N FTW.

guenthergruen

guenthergruen

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Okay, all these posts are very confusing and I don't know which I should take as my base.

Can someone write a new, clear guide how to install Mountain Lion 10.8.2? I have a fresh and shiny package from the Mac App Store.

- do I need to do something during installation (like removing PS/2 Keyboard strings from .plists)?
- do your method work with iCloud? (yes, I know exactly how to do it by removing & adding network interfaces in the right order)
- how about DSDT files?

I'm sick with my current 10.7.0 install, because few months ago I got some problems with upgrading (endless PCI conf begin/KPs, perhaps some weird 1201n model) and I want to upgrade finally, but without whole week of testing again.

I have Dell 1510 Wi-Fi card inside, stock 2GB of RAM and modded BIOS with overclocked CPU (2.0 GHz @ 667MHz FSB).

The thing is every 1201n seems to work a little different, so there might not be a working solution for everybody.

I used myhack to create a working installer with an actual ML 10.8.2 from the app store. (you have to copy mtek's 10.8.2 mach_kernel and my use-this-extra to the root of the install-disk after it's ready).
When the installer asks you which extra to use select the one inside my use-this-extra folder (take care, as this contains a DSDT for 4 GB and the latest unlocked BIOS - you might want to exchange it for one fitting your system).
Later myhack will ask you to delete a couple of kexts. delete everything EXCEPT the upstream-client one.
The first boot wont work, so either use the installer USB and then at chameleon select your new HDD or manually move Mtek's 10.8.2 mach_kernel to the root of the new HDD and install his kexts to S/L/E of the new HDD.
Reboot into your new system.
Once inside ML execute MB-tool to install the PS2 keyboard and mouse (i had to install USB /Legacy support for USB 2.0 support, too).
Voila thats it - you should have a running system now including working FaceTime, iCloud, etc.

Hope thats more straightforward then my other post.

Attached Files

jcesarsh

jcesarsh

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

I used the kexts mtek shared on page 30 and 32

I used U B

Nothing, just use a USB mouse, the keyboard works fine during installation.

I use the method of removing and adding network interfaces and works fine

I use kext utility from the first post

I use chimera

- how about DSDT files?
The 2GB DSDT from the first post works fine, I the 3GB doesn't work for me

The ones mtek shared on page 30 and 32

If you install 10.8.0 use the 10.8.0 mach_kernel_atom, if you install 10.8.2 use the 10.8.2 mach_kernel_atom (from mtek shared on and 32), if you install 10.8.0 and update to 10.8.2 use first the 10.8.0 and after updating change it with the 10.8.2

I answered you on the quote.

I had to reinstall mountain lion yesterday and now I don't have sound using the mtek kexts on page 32, so try the ones on page 30 instead and tell me if they work.

mtek

mtek

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
The latest kexts I shared are from my running 10.8.2 install, including the the AppleHDA.kext (& IOAudioFamily.kexts) which is the same as before...
Anyways I also experienced when I first installed ML 10.8 that the sound kexts didn't work right oob like they did in Lion before. Oddly enough I fixed it by running disk util and reparing permission some 3-4 times during different restarts...
Even now I still experience the odd missing sound from the media player (VLC or Quicktime) or even on youtube. A restart usually solves these symptoms. Other than that I have a perfect 10.8 install.

jcesarsh

jcesarsh

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
I don't know what I have done, but sound is working again

raynn

raynn

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Try a Macbook Air 2,1 smbios instead. Do you have ethernet working? If so go to system information and see if it's enabled as device "en0". Wifi should be device "en1".

4) Did you enable the bluetooth in BIOS and in Windows?

I tried Macbook Air 2,1 smbios. Still no go. Ethernet is working and is en0. Strange thing about it is that it shows it as being connected even if no cable is connected.

Bluetooth is enabled in both Bios and Windows. Works in 10.8.2, but there is no option to disable it (to conserve battery).

Any other tips I can try?

Thank you.

(Multitouch and battery issues fixed)

mtek

mtek

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

I tried Macbook Air 2,1 smbios. Still no go. Ethernet is working and is en0. Strange thing about it is that it shows it as being connected even if no cable is connected.

Bluetooth is enabled in both Bios and Windows. Works in 10.8.2, but there is no option to disable it (to conserve battery).

Any other tips I can try?

Thank you.

(Multitouch and battery issues fixed)

You're sure you're using the right 10.8.2 mach_kernel (I attached it)?

Attached Files

raynn

raynn

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

You're sure you're using the right 10.8.2 mach_kernel (I attached it)?

Yes, I am using the kernel you have attached.

Are you using PCIRootUID = 1? When I do, en0 and en1 are incorrect (ethernet ends up being en1), and no amount of futzing around would correct it. Even if I edit NetworkInterfaces.plist, it resets on reboot. Currently using PCIRootUID = 0 and ethernet is en0 and BuiltIn = true.

Are you using Macbook or Macbook Air smbios?

I also tried latest Chameleon.

Also tried adding device-properties to org.chameleon.boot.plist.

Can I ask you to upload your latest smbios.plist and org.chameleon.boot.plist file?

What else can I try? I'm all out of ideas....

(Update: Geez... I must have tried everything! This is completely baffling to me. I wish there is a way for me to actually dig into the issue instead of blindly trying random suggestions posted by people on the net. I am so defeated. Perhaps I will do a clean install and see what happens...)

(Thinking Out Loud: I have a hunch that the issue with the Atheros L1C kext. Under System Preferences, Ethernet also appear as Connected even when no cable is attached. Only way Ethernet works is by attaching a cable prior to boot)

totalnub911

totalnub911

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hey guys just got 10.8.2 installed on my wife's 1201n thanks to the hard work and great documentation here.

Procedure:
Downloaded myhack, created usb installer.
Added the above attached use-this-extra folder to the root of the usb, ie /use-this-extra/
Replaced mach_kernel with mtek's atom kernel and added a folder called kexts to the root of the usb.
Copied all of mtek's kexts into this folder

Bios set to usb2 enabled, fsb 667MHz, and ahci, 4G ram.
Connect usb mouse AND keyboard (on board keyboard didn't work and hot plunging usb didn't work during the installer).
Boot from usb without any flags
Run installer and when myhack.app runs, use custom extra and browse to /use-this-extra/Extra
Remove kexts when prompted by myhack except for upstream client.

Installer will reboot.
Boot from usb into installer, not installed partition.
Open terminal
Copy /mach_kernel to /Volumes/<partition name>/mach_kernel
cp -R /kexts/* to /Volumes/<partition name>/S/L/E/

Reboot.

Boot into installed os from hdd not usb.
Everything should work but keyboard and mouse.
I used ##### to install PS/2 support and rebooted.

The ONLY thing I have a problem with is the wlan. I installed a 1510 dell chip last time I dabbled with hackintosh and figured it would just work. Unfortunately, it doesn't. I can get online with bluetooth tethering but wlan doesn't work. It shows up in system profiler, but idk what to do at this point. :-(

Help

Mestiso

Mestiso

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Posted Image

Yay. It works!

Quick tips as of now:
  • mtek kexts & 10.8.2 kernel page32, 2gb dsdt page1, my own SMBios/Chameleon.boot plists, 10.8.2 mbr patch
  • used 10.8.2.app, UB tool, chameleon & kext wizard
  • MB ps2 kexts
  • instalator works for me only with -v -x npci=0x2000 rd=disk0s1 (i use 8gb pendrive, otherwise I've got PCI conf begin & still waiting messages)
  • MBA2,1 SMBios (instead of MB5,1) solves sleep problems with USB and enables webcam
  • sound work brilliant without IOAudio2 kext, but I still don't like those verbose mode messages
  • Dell 1510 out of the box
I will update this post with all necessary information (& mini guide maybe?) probably tomorrow. Thanks for the tips.

Should I remove inline image form post and put this as attachment?

raynn

raynn

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted Image

Yay. It works!

Quick tips as of now:

• mtek kexts &amp; 10.8.2 kernel page32, 2gb dsdt page1, my own SMBios/Chameleon.boot plists, 10.8.2 mbr patch
  • used 10.8.2.app, UB tool, chameleon &amp; kext wizard
  • MB ps2 kexts
  • instalator works for me only with -v -x npci=0x2000 rd=disk0s1 (i use 8gb pendrive, otherwise I've got PCI conf begin &amp; still waiting messages)
  • MBA2,1 SMBios (instead of MB5,1) solves sleep problems with USB and enables webcam
  • sound work brilliant without IOAudio2 kext, but I still don't like those verbose mode messages
I will update this post with all necessary information (&amp; mini guide maybe?) probably tomorrow. Thanks for the tips.

Yes, please post your info (most interested in your smbios.plist and org.chameleon.boot.plist) and guide! I have been struggling to make iCloud/Facetime/iMessage work for 6 days now.

totalnub911

totalnub911

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Yay. It works!

Quick tips as of now:

• mtek kexts & 10.8.2 kernel page32, 2gb dsdt page1, my own SMBios/Chameleon.boot plists, 10.8.2 mbr patch
  • used 10.8.2.app, UB tool, chameleon & kext wizard
  • MB ps2 kexts
  • instalator works for me only with -v -x npci=0x2000 rd=disk0s1 (i use 8gb pendrive, otherwise I've got PCI conf begin & still waiting messages)
I will update this post with all necessary information (& mini guide maybe?) probably tomorrow. Thanks for the tips.

I know you said Dell 1510 out of the box, but do you guys know why it might not be working for me? It worked just fine when I had lion on the netbook previously.... /sigh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy