1039 replies to this topic

guenthergruen

guenthergruen

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

mtek, thx a lot!

btw: where did you get the kernel for 8.2 or is it the same as 8.1 ?
and: iCloud is workinnnn!!!

best Mondi

@Mondi - how did you manage to get iCLoud running? I'm still hanging with the server connection problem.

I think we have a similar setup, I ran in pretty much the same problems you did. I ended up using Niresh's distro to get ML booting (USB 2.0 had to be disabled - on reg. 0326 Bios - had trouble with the unlocked bios). Then once booted updated and applied Mtek's kext+kernel for 10.8.2 - THANK YOU MTEK.
Installed Cham. latest version, updated smbios and applied ethernet fix. no luck.
Tried different kernel 10.8.1- booting but no icloud

jcesarsh

jcesarsh

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
for icloud, I read this in another thread (http://www.insanelym...-atom-yes-atom/):

P.P.S.: Im talking about this one: https://dl.dropbox.c....ocache.patched

If it's not the one you're using, please try it. It was my holy grail, and i was so frustrated about the subject that i was almost downgrading to Lion. Mountain Lion without iCloud was all trouble and no fun for me; now i'm really enjoying it.

mondial

mondial

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

@Mondi - how did you manage to get iCLoud running? I'm still hanging with the server connection problem.

I think we have a similar setup, I ran in pretty much the same problems you did. I ended up using Niresh's distro to get ML booting (USB 2.0 had to be disabled - on reg. 0326 Bios - had trouble with the unlocked bios). Then once booted updated and applied Mtek's kext+kernel for 10.8.2 - THANK YOU MTEK.
Installed Cham. latest version, updated smbios and applied ethernet fix. no luck.
Tried different kernel 10.8.1- booting but no icloud

http://www.insanelym...20#entry1853790

jcesarsh

jcesarsh

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

After a few days off the hackintosh scene, I'm back.

Flydef, ML installs great from retail version, but it's definitley easier to install using an available installer. After the installer itself does its job it's just fine tuning here and there.
The only thing that the 1201n is really sensible about is botting from an USB drive/HDD as sometimes works and others you just get the cross icon shortly after the Apple logo appears.

The problem (for me) to write a guide is that suits everybody's current setup is that's very hard, since there's not one signle working formula.
For instance I started the whole process by:

- Flashing the BIOS rom and getting AHCI enabled from a modded 0326 BIOS ROM
- formatting the whole HDD into 2 partitions, one for Windows 7 and one obviously for OSX
- using the "UB" installer on my other hack to make a bootable ML USB pen drive ML installer from a retail (genuine bought) ML Retail image.

If you decide to go other path, many other issues will rise, and some steps will have to be altered accordingly.
But this difficult process for someone who's not a 'geek' as myself is what's challeging and most fun - even if at times I got stuck and fortunately with the help of this great community I've found solutions to all my issues.

BTW has anyone tried already to update to 10.8.2?
I've updated my other hack successfully but had one issue with the AppleACPIPlatform.kext but found the solution from unixservice here: http://www.insanelym...howtopic=282930

If no one does it first I'll give the 10.8.2 update a go later onand leave feedback here.

By "UB" instaler you mean #####?

mondial

mondial

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Dyld Error Message:
Library not loaded: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CoreRecognition.framework/Versions/A/CoreRecognition
Referenced from: /Applications/App Store.app/Contents/MacOS/App Store
Reason: image not found

I have mountain line installed, but I can't seem to get the app store or face time working.
The above error message is generated when trying to launch the app store.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You got a solution for this issue?
Best Mondi

ChrissehB

ChrissehB

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
Is anyone able to help me with graphics on 1021NL 10.6.8? (I know this is 1201N but I read that they're practically the same?)

I thought it was a GMA 950, I've tried installing kexts from loads of different GMA 950 places. Tried EFI strings, DSDT, nothing. I finally got it to show up as a card but it's saying I have an nVidia 9400M. So is it this card I have or the 950? It's running fine atm but I just cannot get QI/CE working at all. Which is really annoying cause videos play for 2 seconds then stop, the mouse is really laggy when moving. Any help at all please?

Another thing I've tried so many different audio kexts and cannot get it working and the same with bluetooth :(

Any/all help is appreciated.

mondial

mondial

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts
My AppStore is dead --- any ideas
thx Mondi

Process: App Store [416]
Path: /Applications/App Store.app/Contents/MacOS/App Store
Identifier: com.apple.appstore
Version: 1.2.1 (129.7)
Build Info: Firenze-129007000000000~2
Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process: launchd [144]
User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2012-10-05 18:24:45.490 +0200
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.8.2 (12C54)
Report Version: 10

Interval Since Last Report: 99615 sec
Crashes Since Last Report: 234318
Per-App Crashes Since Last Report: 6
Anonymous UUID: XXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXX

Crashed Thread: 0

Exception Type: EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000

Application Specific Information:
dyld: launch, loading dependent libraries

Dyld Error Message:
Library not loaded: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CoreRecognition.framework/Versions/A/CoreRecognition
Referenced from: /Applications/App Store.app/Contents/MacOS/App Store
Reason: image not found

Binary Images:
0x10b38f000 - 0x10b40ffff com.apple.appstore (1.2.1 - 129.7) <XXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXX> /Applications/App Store.app/Contents/MacOS/App Store
0x7fff6af8f000 - 0x7fff6afc393f dyld (210.2.3) <XXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXX> /usr/lib/dyld

Model: MacBook5,1, BootROM MB51.0073.B06, 2 processors, Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.00 GHz, 4 GB, SMC 1.30f3
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M, PCI, 256 MB
Memory Module: BANK0/DIMM0, 2 GB, DDR2 SDRAM, 800 MHz, Hyundai, HYMP125S64CP8-S6
Memory Module: BANK2/DIMM2, 2 GB, DDR2 SDRAM, 800 MHz, Hyundai, HYMP125S64CP8-S6
AirPort: spairport_wireless_card_type_third_party
Bluetooth: Version 4.0.9f8 10405, 2 service, 18 devices, 1 incoming serial ports
Network Service: Wi-Fi, AirPort, en1
Serial ATA Device: M4-CT064M4SSD2, 64,02 GB
USB Device: USB 2.0 PC Cam, 0x13d3 (AzureWave Technologies, Inc.), 0x5126, 0x24300000 / 2
USB Device: BT-270, 0x0b05 (ASUSTek Computer Inc.), 0x1788, 0x06300000 / 2

trogscave

trogscave

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
@Mondi

You got a solution for this issue?

I finally fixed the App Store, FaceTime, and iCloud issues I was having.
I simply installed Niresh's Installer Bug Fix for 10.8 Mountain Lion.

I did this after installing OS X 10.8, then I installed the official OS X 10.8.2 combo update.

guenthergruen

guenthergruen

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Somehow when I set my USB back to 2.0 in BIOS I lose support for external HDD, OSX simply doesn't read them anymore. Is there a kext I'm missing here? I used Niresh's installer and then updated to 10.8.2. Used Mtek's kexts and kernel. Also tried the installer bug fix...
App store working, iCloud still without me...

trogscave

trogscave

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
I noticed that I loose all audio after coming out of sleep mode.
I have to restart the computer to get it back.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue, or have any tips on a possible fix?

mosslack

mosslack

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 881 posts

Is anyone able to help me with graphics on 1021NL 10.6.8? (I know this is 1201N but I read that they're practically the same?)

I thought it was a GMA 950, I've tried installing kexts from loads of different GMA 950 places. Tried EFI strings, DSDT, nothing. I finally got it to show up as a card but it's saying I have an nVidia 9400M. So is it this card I have or the 950? It's running fine atm but I just cannot get QI/CE working at all. Which is really annoying cause videos play for 2 seconds then stop, the mouse is really laggy when moving. Any help at all please?

Another thing I've tried so many different audio kexts and cannot get it working and the same with bluetooth :(

Any/all help is appreciated.

AFAIK, the only difference between the 1201N and the 1201NL is the CPU. 1201N has a dual-core Atom and the 1201NL has a single-core Atom. GPU is the Nvidia 9400m on both. HTH

ChrissehB

ChrissehB

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

AFAIK, the only difference between the 1201N and the 1201NL is the CPU. 1201N has a dual-core Atom and the 1201NL has a single-core Atom. GPU is the Nvidia 9400m on both. HTH

Thank you so much for replying! Cleared this up for me. It's detecting the 9400M but I still don't have QE/CI on 10.6.8 - how can I get this working? :( I got my audio working. But now my USB is gone. USB mouse/keyboard works but usb storage just isn't working. Still can't get bluetooth working either. Any ideas or kexts to use?

jcesarsh

jcesarsh

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Please, a little help here.

I created a ML usb with #####, selecting the laptop option.

I copied the mach_kernel atom to the root of the USB (from finder, do I have to copy it with the terminal)

I updated the BIOS to the AHCI version and set this option instead IDE.

I get a black screen, then the apple and then the black screen back.

I'm missing some point? does it works with #####? or do I have to prepare the USB with other method?

I have tried thit the PCIRootUID=0 and nothing changed

mtek

mtek

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Please, a little help here.

I created a ML usb with #####, selecting the laptop option.

I copied the mach_kernel atom to the root of the USB (from finder, do I have to copy it with the terminal)

I updated the BIOS to the AHCI version and set this option instead IDE.

I get a black screen, then the apple and then the black screen back.

I'm missing some point? does it works with #####? or do I have to prepare the USB with other method?

I have tried thit the PCIRootUID=0 and nothing changed

Try booting with the -x flag.

jcesarsh

jcesarsh

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
I tried too.

Do I follow the steps correctly? or there is something missing?

I will try again today with another USB

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:various. :)
Anyone updated to 10.8.2 1.0? Is it safe?

jcesarsh

jcesarsh

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
No luck here.
I'm going to put my step by step to see if somebody sees a wrong step or something.

Formatted 16GB USB drive in mac ox plus journaled, and GUID table

run ##### and wait. (installed on two USBs, one with the laptop option, and the other with the laptop and USB Legacy)

Copy mach_kernel_atom to the USB
copy a dsdt.aml with my installed memory to USB/Extra

put USB in my asus 1201n
turn on asus
hit esc
select usb
type mach_kernel_atom -v and hit enter
wait

I tried copying your kext to /extra/extensions (mtek or nesseau)

right now I have mtek kexts in /Extra/Extensions, booted with mach_kernel_atom -v and it is stuck on [ PCI configuration begin ]

do I have to copy them to /Extra/Extensions or /System/Library/Extensions? none? both?

do I have to hide the kexts, dsdt.aml and mach_kernel_atom files?

I have never seen the GUI installer

mondial

mondial

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

No luck here.
I'm going to put my step by step to see if somebody sees a wrong step or something.

Formatted 16GB USB drive in mac ox plus journaled, and GUID table

run ##### and wait. (installed on two USBs, one with the laptop option, and the other with the laptop and USB Legacy)

Copy mach_kernel_atom to the USB
copy a dsdt.aml with my installed memory to USB/Extra

put USB in my asus 1201n
turn on asus
hit esc
select usb
type mach_kernel_atom -v and hit enter
wait

I tried copying your kext to /extra/extensions (mtek or nesseau)

right now I have mtek kexts in /Extra/Extensions, booted with mach_kernel_atom -v and it is stuck on [ PCI configuration begin ]

do I have to copy them to /Extra/Extensions or /System/Library/Extensions? none? both?

do I have to hide the kexts, dsdt.aml and mach_kernel_atom files?

I have never seen the GUI installer

Maybe you should try to boot without any cache, chameleon-, smbios-plists and no dsdt.
All the needed Kexts move to /S/L/E (maybe yours from /E/E or mtec's kext package) repair the permissions (kextutil)
then try to boot the atom kernel with -f -x option.

Best Mondi

jcesarsh

jcesarsh

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Ok, I'll try, thanks.

Ahh, I give up, I got the installer working, but after more than an hour of installation it got stuck for more than 15 minutes in the less than a minute and I turned of, now I got the black screen again.

I'm going to install Lion

Thanks to everybody.

EDIT: I booted for a last time and went to wash the dishes and when I came back mountain lion was on the screen!!!
Now I have some problems, a kernel panic (but stars fine with -x) and USB for memories isn't working, but at least it works. I'll try to fix it tomorrow.

mondial

mondial

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

EDIT: I booted for a last time and went to wash the dishes and when I came back mountain lion was on the screen!!!
Now I have some problems, a kernel panic (but stars fine with -x) and USB for memories isn't working, but at least it works. I'll try to fix it tomorrow.

Congrats!
:-) Same to me, wanted to give up, but suprisingly ML appeared like a wild animal. Now try to subdue the MLion! :-)

All I needed were mtec's kexts and plists and his dsdt. Take care of having an external boot possibility by USB to control your kexts!
Mondi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy