1039 replies to this topic

mtek

mtek

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
Mondi good to know you did it! :)

The 10.8.2 patched kernel is different from the previous 10.8.1 - I used the one posted be theconnactic (btw thanks to him!) at the Atom Kernel topic. He used meklort's auto patcher to do it.

Now you need to OC it to 2.0Ghz!! :weight_lift:

diomaiden

diomaiden

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

** UPDATE **

Now running successfully 10.8.2! :)

Steps:

- Download 10.8.2 DMG directly from Apple
- Install it but at the end don't restart
- Use kext helper b7 or kext utility roll back some kexts (IOStorageController & AppleACPIPlatform kexts essential for booting but other nececessary for sound, et cetera)
- Update the mach_kernel to a patched 10.8.2 one (credits to meklort)
- Repair permissions using disk utility
- Reboot and voilá...10.8.2!

I send a direct link for all the necessary files for the update: https://dl.dropbox.c...60/1201n_ML.zip

Good luck!

Hi again mtek can you explain the need of IOAudio2Family.kext in the S/E/E?
It is a new one not existed in your previous extensions folder
Thxs

mondial

mondial

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Mondi good to know you did it! :)

The 10.8.2 patched kernel is different from the previous 10.8.1 - I used the one posted be theconnactic (btw thanks to him!) at the Atom Kernel topic. He used meklort's auto patcher to do it.

Now you need to OC it to 2.0Ghz!! :weight_lift:

I did it already (changed the Northbridge Performance to 667 MHz and left the other options on "auto") but where to control that performance step? At the "about this MAC" I see only the 1.6 GHz
Meanwhile Im at 2GHz , don't know why some bootings later....
Another issue I have:
the 1201 freezes after wakeup, but only when being connected to ethernet, on wlan wakeup works fine ... (I think I've Hilbernatestate 0 now)

Bye Mondi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:various. :)
And I want to talk about another issue I experienced when I switched from 10.6 to 10.8... Sound disappears with no reason while watching movie in VLC. And when using YT or any other site like that with Flash content. Anyone has the same problem?

ChrissehB

ChrissehB

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
Can anyone help me? Trying to install Snow Leopard on my 1201NL but when I get to the part of installation where you select which drive you want to install it on my drive isn't there. It's not detected in Disk Utility either or in terminal using diskutil.

flydef

flydef

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
So got it working up to 10.8.2 on an external USB drive, but having trouble getting sound to work.

Are all of these kexts are necessary for the audio to work properly?

AppleHDA.kext
IOAudioFamily.kext
IOAudio2Family.kext

Could any of them be conflicting?

VoodooHDA.kext works, but there is high hiss and crackling sos removed it.

You mention Kext Utility b7, can't get that to run, is Kext Wizard basically the same thing?

mtek

mtek

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

So got it working up to 10.8.2 on an external USB drive, but having trouble getting sound to work.

Are all of these kexts are necessary for the audio to work properly?

AppleHDA.kext
IOAudioFamily.kext
IOAudio2Family.kext

Could any of them be conflicting?

VoodooHDA.kext works, but there is high hiss and crackling sos removed it.

You mention Kext Utility b7, can't get that to run, is Kext Wizard basically the same thing?

Yep there are several kext installation utilities. You could also use Kext Utility for instance which repairs permissions for kexts as it installs them.
Does the sound icon appear on the menu bar? On my hack on ML I ha do to manually go to the Sound app in System Preferences in order to manually select internal speakers as the output device.

And I want to talk about another issue I experienced when I switched from 10.6 to 10.8... Sound disappears with no reason while watching movie in VLC. And when using YT or any other site like that with Flash content. Anyone has the same problem?

Hi, sometimes that kind of issue happens to me in youtube, not in VLC... Maybe it's related to sleep and resume.

Hi again mtek can you explain the need of IOAudio2Family.kext in the S/E/E?
It is a new one not existed in your previous extensions folder
Thxs

Hi, I believe that specific kext is needed to get the sound working OK, before I just forgot to add it. But you can also try without it and post results! :)

I did it already (changed the Northbridge Performance to 667 MHz and left the other options on "auto") but where to control that performance step? At the "about this MAC" I see only the 1.6 GHz
Another issue I have:
the 1201 freezes after wakeup, but only when being connected to ethernet, on wlan wakeup works fine ... (I think I've Hilbernatestate 0 now)

Bye Mondi

Humm...that's weird it should be recognized automatically @2.0Ghz after setting the FSB to 667Mhz. What kind of geekbench score do you get (32bit or 64bit)? Does it get recognized at ~2.0Ghz in Windows?

About the etehernet issue can«t really help you as I don't use it, but it's a well known fact that there are some ethernet woes in sleeping & resuming using the atherosL1CEthernet kext...

diomaiden

diomaiden

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Yep there are several kext installation utilities. You could also use Kext Utility for instance which repairs permissions for kexts as it installs them.
Does the sound icon appear on the menu bar? On my hack on ML I ha do to manually go to the Sound app in System Preferences in order to manually select internal speakers as the output device.

Hi, sometimes that kind of issue happens to me in youtube, not in VLC... Maybe it's related to sleep and resume.

Hi, I believe that specific kext is needed to get the sound working OK, before I just forgot to add it. But you can also try without it and post results! :)
Hi Mtek ,
I followed your instructions but i just didn't put the IOAudio2Family.kext in extra folder and everything seems to work smoothly regarding sound in ML 10.8.2
The only thing that I have noticed is that in Safari and youtube some HD videos have no sound. The strange that is happening is when you switch to another video and select the same afterwords sound is ok.
I tried also in Chrome and had no problem I believe that no sound in some HD videos is a Safari bug

Humm...that's weird it should be recognized automatically @2.0Ghz after setting the FSB to 667Mhz. What kind of geekbench score do you get (32bit or 64bit)? Does it get recognized at ~2.0Ghz in Windows?

About the etehernet issue can«t really help you as I don't use it, but it's a well known fact that there are some ethernet woes in sleeping & resuming using the atherosL1CEthernet kext...

flydef

flydef

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
Great, sound is working fine now. Even youtube seems to be fine in Safari too.

I'm only using
AppleHDA.kext
IOAudioFamily.kext

NOT using this one:
IOAudio2Family.kext

Some of the confusion was from not realizing that I also had to create a Extra/Extensions folder on the new install HD in addition to the one that was on the boot usb.

Have not used MB either.

I am still booting to the external test HD with the bootloader on the usb drive, just with -v.

Want to install Chameleon-2.1svn-r2061, but not sure the options to check with a custom install of Chameleon.

mtek

mtek

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
@flydef
I guess the IOAudio2Family kext is not needed then, but it won't hurt too if you happen to have installed anyway. :)

How did you manage to get the trackpad working with multitouch without MB? VoodooPS2?

I didn't have to create an Extra/Extensions folder! It gets created automatically by Chameleon and it's not really necessary on the final ML partition, as you can directly install all the kexts to S/L/E. That's the way I've done it anyway...

I'll attach my extra folder asap so that might be of help to someone.

flydef

flydef

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
@mtek
If by multitouch you mean being able to scroll a safari window with two fingers on the touchpad, yes that works.

I am using VoodooPS2.

Nasseau's Trackpad.prefPane is in /library/PreferencePanes to disable 'tap to click' on the trackpad which is extremely annoying when trying to type :)

When you install Chameleon to the HD, what options do you select?

If I boot to the external mountain lion HD through the older chameleon bootloader used with snow leopard on the internal hd, it only partially loads, then the screen goes black and it automatically reboots.

Worried it won't boot if I install chameleon to the mountain lion hd.

If I boot to the UB usb drive then select mountain lion from that bootloader menu, it boots fine.

On a previous ML install to the external hd, I installed EB to the hd and it also wouldn't boot.

So wondering how to properly install the latest version of Chameleon as the bootloader.

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:various. :)
Some kind of temporary solution is to remove Macromedia folder which can be found in /Library/Preferences or in /Users/.../Library/Preferences. As I said, it's temporary because this folder will appear again and you will have to remove it once more. But at least it works. :)<br /><br />Anyone tried to get HDMI audio working. I've read that it is possible with VoodooHDA. Any tips for me

mondial

mondial

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Worried it won't boot if I install chameleon to the mountain lion hd.

If I boot to the UB usb drive then select mountain lion from that bootloader menu, it boots fine.

On a previous ML install to the external hd, I installed EB to the hd and it also wouldn't boot.

So wondering how to properly install the latest version of Chameleon as the bootloader.

I had the same problems at booting, the best arg without pendrive for me was: -x !
If you are in ML (by pendrive) first take all mtec's kexts and move them to /S/L/E and repair permissions by kext util (machkernelatom as usual!). Then boot from HD by: -x, that must work and successively try install missing kexts or uninstall wrong kexts.

flydef

flydef

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
@mondial

With what options are you installing Chameleon to the HD?

I tried installing the latest version of Chameleon Chameleon-2.1svn-r2061.pkg with a default install to my external test HD.

When it boots, there is no bootloader GUI, just large text. I can boot to the os with the boot flags: npci=0x2000 -v.

Would be nice to find the option to set the text size smaller so there isn't so much line wrapping when it boots with -v.

Another issue is the microphone.

If you go to: Lauchpad - Other - Audio MIDI Setup

When you click "Built-in Microphone" on the left side, is the master slider greyed out? It is on my install.

This is probably what is causing the issues with the microphone in Skype and also causes no mic in Google voice.

Do you have IOAudio2Family.kext installed? Does that help this issue?

mondial

mondial

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

@mondial

With what options are you installing Chameleon to the HD?

I tried installing the latest version of Chameleon Chameleon-2.1svn-r2061.pkg with a default install to my external test HD.

I did it with the cham Wizard 4.1.0 and installed the dropbox option (meanwhile v2.1 rev2063)
btw will test the mic explicitly ... :
You are right : no master volume but left and right channel can be adjusted. And Skype is working with MIC.
yes, I have both Audi kexts installed.

bye Mondi

Attached Files

flydef

flydef

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
@mondial

Look at this part, see that 'master' is greyed out?

Is it that way on yours? Are you using

IOAudio2Family.kext?

Also if you click the "settings cog wheel drop down list" at the bottom of the window, the text "Use this device for sound input" is also greyed out.

You are right about why it's greyed out in the drop down list, just because it already is being 'used as the sound input'.

Had the same experience on Snow Leopard.. Skype works but not Google Voice.

What version of Skype are you using? Is it the default download or the v5.11.0.33 beta version?

Installed 5.11.0.33 beta.. mic is working fine. Just wish I could get the mic working in Google.

Attached Files

mondial

mondial

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

@mondial

Look at this part, see that 'master' is greyed out?

Is it that way on yours? Are you using

IOAudio2Family.kext?

Also if you click the "settings cog wheel drop down list" at the bottom of the window, the text "Use this device for sound input" is also greyed out.

maybe its grayed, because it is the default INPUT, the other Line input can be configured as input device, then it will change ,I suggest.
YES can confirm: It will change the option ( the small MIC symbol will move between the two INPUTS)
and I remember that discussion was already in the forum (Mic is working but not on GOOGLE Application) but don't know where it was ...

Attached Files

jcesarsh

jcesarsh

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
I was going to install lion on my asus 1201n following the tutorial (I have snow leopard right now)

Do you recomend installing mountain lion instead? any tutorial for mountain lion?

trogscave

trogscave

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Dyld Error Message:
  Library not loaded: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CoreRecognition.framework/Versions/A/CoreRecognition
  Referenced from: /Applications/App Store.app/Contents/MacOS/App Store
  Reason: image not found

I have mountain line installed, but I can't seem to get the app store or face time working.
The above error message is generated when trying to launch the app store.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

mondial

mondial

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Dyld Error Message:
Library not loaded: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CoreRecognition.framework/Versions/A/CoreRecognition

I have mountain line installed, but I can't seem to get the app store or face time working.
The above error message is generated when trying to launch the app store.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Same to me!
But not only that issue:
I also have periodically ReportCrashes and these LOGFILES:

Does anybody have a solution? My OS hangs for 15 sec while that Crash + Logging....

Thx Mondi

My log headers:
1.) SYSTEM: --- mtmd ==> all 3 Minutes!!!
****************************************************************************************************
Process: mtmd [1035]
Path: /System/Library/CoreServices/backupd.bundle/Contents/Resources/mtmd
Identifier: mtmd
Version: 70.2
Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process: launchd [1]
User ID: 0

Date/Time: 2012-10-01 23:11:06.293 +0200
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.8.2 (12C54)
Report Version: 10

Crashed Thread: 3 Dispatch queue: com.apple.root.background-priority

Exception Type: EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000

Dyld Error Message:
Symbol not found: _IOPMIsADarkWake
Referenced from: /System/Library/CoreServices/backupd.bundle/Contents/Resources/mtmd
Expected in: /System/Library/Frameworks/IOKit.framework/Versions/A/IOKit

Thread 0:: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

0 libsystem_kernel.dylib 0x0000000106a30686 mach_msg_trap + 10
1 libsystem_kernel.dylib 0x0000000106a2fc42 mach_msg + 70
2 com.apple.CoreFoundation 0x0000000105c7ef23 __CFRunLoopServiceMachPort + 195
3 com.apple.CoreFoundation 0x0000000105c84606 __CFRunLoopRun + 1078
4 com.apple.CoreFoundation 0x0000000105c83dd2 CFRunLoopRunSpecific + 290
5 com.apple.CoreFoundation 0x0000000105c92a81 CFRunLoopRun + 97
6 mtmd 0x000000010511b62b 0x10511a000 + 5675
7 libdyld.dylib 0x000000010685b7e1 start + 1

Thread 1:: Dispatch queue: com.apple.libdispatch-manager
0 libsystem_kernel.dylib 0x0000000106a32d16 kevent + 10
1 libdispatch.dylib 0x0000000106824e26 _dispatch_mgr_invoke + 883
2 libdispatch.dylib 0x0000000106824a2a _dispatch_mgr_thread + 54

Thread 2:: Dispatch queue: com.apple.root.default-priority
0 com.apple.CoreFoundation 0x0000000105ca077b -[__NSTaggedDate timeIntervalSinceReferenceDate] + 27
1 com.apple.CoreFoundation 0x0000000105cc5f65 -[NSDate timeIntervalSinceNow] + 21
2 mtmd 0x0000000105120968 0x10511a000 + 26984
3 com.apple.Foundation 0x000000010535ebb6 -[__NSOperationInternal start] + 684
4 com.apple.Foundation 0x00000001053663d1 __block_global_6 + 129
5 libdispatch.dylib 0x0000000106825f3d _dispatch_call_block_and_release + 15
6 libdispatch.dylib 0x00000001068220fa _dispatch_client_callout + 8
7 libdispatch.dylib 0x000000010682323e _dispatch_worker_thread2 + 304
8 libsystem_c.dylib 0x00000001068c4ceb _pthread_wqthread + 404
9 libsystem_c.dylib 0x00000001068af1b1 start_wqthread + 13

Thread 3 Crashed:: Dispatch queue: com.apple.root.background-priority
0 dyld 0x00007fff64d1b09d dyld_fatal_error + 1
1 dyld 0x00007fff64d1e048 dyld::fastBindLazySymbol(ImageLoader**, unsigned long) + 139

****************************************************************************************************
2.) SYSTEM
Process: backupd-helper [781]
Path: /System/Library/CoreServices/backupd.bundle/Contents/Resources/backupd-helper
Identifier: backupd-helper
Version: 151.5
Parent Process: launchd [1]
User ID: 0

Date/Time: 2012-10-01 22:43:54.097 +0200

Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Dyld Error Message:
Symbol not found: _IOPMIsAUserWake
Referenced from: /System/Library/CoreServices/backupd.bundle/Contents/Resources/backupd-helper
Expected in: /System/Library/Frameworks/IOKit.framework/Versions/A/IOKit

Thread 0 Crashed:: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
0 dyld 0x00007fff68f0609d dyld_fatal_error + 1

3.) USER
Process: NetworkBrowserAgent [1167]
Path: /System/Library/CoreServices/NetworkBrowserAgent
Identifier: NetworkBrowserAgent
Version: 552 (552)
Parent Process: launchd [145]
User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2012-10-01 23:18:54.016 +0200

Crashed Thread: 0

Application Specific Information:
dyld: launch, loading dependent libraries

Dyld Error Message:
Symbol not found: _kNWOperationAirDropEnabledKey
Referenced from: /System/Library/CoreServices/NetworkBrowserAgent
Expected in: /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/CoreServices
in /System/Library/CoreServices/NetworkBrowserAgent

Binary Images:

4.) USER
Process: App Store [261]
Path: /Applications/App Store.app/Contents/MacOS/App Store
Identifier: com.apple.appstore
Version: 1.2.1 (129.7)
Build Info: Firenze-129007000000000~2
Parent Process: launchd [145]
User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2012-10-01 21:45:14.483 +0200

Crashed Thread: 0

Application Specific Information:
dyld: launch, loading dependent libraries

Dyld Error Message:

Binary Images:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy