1045 replies to this topic

burcinkarabacak

burcinkarabacak

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Smart Phones
hi everyone i use 1215N but i want to ask your topic can anyone use ion graphic card if yes is it same ion2(g218) i want to learn how can i install ion driver

thank you from nowon to help me

good day

Burcin from Turkey

mtek

mtek

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Hi Gurus,
Is there a possibility to install ML without Lion before?
Thx Mondi

Sure I've done a clean install of ML on all my hacks then used Time Machine to transfer my apps, docs & settings. :)

hi everyone i use 1215N but i want to ask your topic can anyone use ion graphic card if yes is it same ion2(g218) i want to learn how can i install ion driver

thank you from nowon to help me

good day

Burcin from Turkey

I believe your graphic card doesn't work too well with OS X... :(
Take a look at this post anyway: http://www.insanelym...howtopic=277113

Good hack!

diomaiden

diomaiden

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Good tips/mini-guide! :) I'm in the process of writing my own mini-guide but it'll take a bit longer.
Forgot to say that I used MultiB. post-ML install in order to patch the AppleRTC & also to enable Keyboard & trackpad without having to use voodoops2 kext. This way the original kexts are patched and work great. Not saying though that the voodoops2 won't do the same job perfectly.

Hi mtek ,
this is the first time I post but I 'm following the scene quite a lot time . I'm following your tips to make my Asus running 10.8.1 perfect ! At the moment the only problem is the trackpad that is not working
Please give me some more clarification on how you patched the original AppleRTC ( there is also a script except Mu**** option ) . Do we copy it on E/E and then run the script? After it is patched do we move the patched on to S/L/E and replace the original?

How the original Keyboard & trackpad kexts are patched ? Please give me a mini guide and please name all the kexts.Please also tell where we keep them

Can you for a last time name the kexts of your E/E ML folder and If have you moved some others to S/L/E name them also please
And a final question for the moment.
The dsdt.aml i use for 4g ram I can't remember from whose extra folder I ''borrowed ''it. I read so much about dsdt editing but I can not follow the way that anyone can edit it. Have you done any research about it?

BECAUSE YOU GAVE YOUR BEST SHOT WITH THE NEW PATCHED 10.8.1 KERNEL - YOU SAVED OUR ASSES MEN - YOU ROCK

Also Many thanks also to the other members that helped me with their contribution and will help in the future

Asus 1201n, 10.8.1 FaceTime , AppStore, iCloud fully working! Chameleon 2048 with 10.8.1 patched Kernel from mtek link ( At the moment the only problem is the trackpad that is not working

Cirroz

Cirroz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

*** UPDATE ***

I've FINALLY managed to get my iCloud working (currently on 10.8.1)!! It's been quite a struggle but the solution as I had first suspected was related to the patched atom kernel. I've tried a new patched kernel from buoo/meklort and BINGO - iCloud is on. :)
Check out my post here w/attached kernel: http://www.insanelym...7

Man, you are AWESOME!
Thanks a lot!
Everything works now!

The dsdt.aml i use for 4g ram I can't remember from whose extra folder I ''borrowed ''it. I read so much about dsdt editing but I can not follow the way that anyone can edit it. Have you done any research about it?

Would you like just to learn how to edit any dsdt, or to patch your 4GB for certain functionality?
Anyway you may start with DSDTSE. Unfortunately it's old and sometimes terrible, but it's a good start point to learn how it works.
Next step is manually extract, edit and compile your personal dsdt with latest ACPI tools.
Here is nice project to automatically patch custom dsdt.

mtek

mtek

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Please give me some more clarification on how you patched the original AppleRTC ( there is also a script except Mu**** option ) . Do we copy it on E/E and then run the script? After it is patched do we move the patched on to S/L/E and replace the original?

How the original Keyboard & trackpad kexts are patched ? Please give me a mini guide and please name all the kexts.Please also tell where we keep them

Hi diomaiden

Welcome officially to the hack scene - what's really fun here is that we all learn from each others experience. :)
Both the AppleRTC patch and the trackpad issue were solved for me using that utility that we can't mention the name here ("MB"). If you want more details please p.m.

Good hack!

Cirroz

Cirroz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
New issue.
Skype works wrong with the mic.
I have two input audio devices.
When I use Internal mic (Built-In) I hear my friend, but he doesn't hear me.
And vice versa - when I switch mic to Line in (Audio line-in port) I can't hear, but my friend hears me.

How to fix it?

XoDeus

XoDeus

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
Hi. I've got at Asus Eee PC 1201n from my Brother and thought that I could try to install OS X 10.7 on it as I have it on a disc. It doesn't have a DVD-tray do I know that I have to transfer it to USB to get it working. Is it somehow possible to do without a working Mac? Or do I have to get Mac working inside a VIrtual Machine first to prepare the USB?

diomaiden

diomaiden

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Hi diomaiden

Welcome officially to the hack scene - what's really fun here is that we all learn from each others experience. :)
Both the AppleRTC patch and the trackpad issue were solved for me using that utility that we can't mention the name here ("MB"). If you want more details please p.m.

Good hack!

Mission accomplished Mtek !!!
To anyone other interested the way I did it....
I removed AppleRTC.kext from my Extra folder and any other kext regarding trackpad and keyboard . I run ''MB'' utility ticking ONLY the following : AppleRTC patch option, the patched trackpad & keyboard installation . When installation finished I repaired permissions both to S/E and S/L/E .Boom !!!! Trackpad and keyboard worked even without restarting...
Thxs once more

Man, you are AWESOME!
Thanks a lot!
Everything works now!

Would you like just to learn how to edit any dsdt, or to patch your 4GB for certain functionality?
Anyway you may start with DSDTSE. Unfortunately it's old and sometimes terrible, but it's a good start point to learn how it works.
Next step is manually extract, edit and compile your personal dsdt with latest ACPI tools.
Here is nice project to automatically patch custom dsdt.

Thxs my friend for your suggestions I will follow them...If I'll ever manage to learn how to edit I will upload my work

matteo73

matteo73

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
hi!

our netbook asus 1201N support 8gb Ram in your opinion??

tnk's

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:various. :)
I don't think so. It doesn't even support full 4GB - and there's no use to buy more bacause of the processor and all this stuff.

mondial

mondial

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts
hi biird,

you said you took the ub 1.5.3, installed ML retail, changed the kernel to atom (10.8 or 10.8.1?) and then made a copy of nasseau's Extra folder and the kexts of /S/L/E kext, all copied to /E/E to that usb pen.
I changed also the iostoragefamily to 10.7.3 (I did it with original as well, with both no luck) and also use the 4GB dsdt.
My ML - USB Installation stucks when finished creating several ramdisks at the bluetoothHCIcontrollerUSBTransport, there :get an ERROR -- waited 30 sec
Last Line: [IOBluetoothHCIController::setconfigstate] calling RegisterService
...THEN STUCK infinitely

Any ideas? thx Mondi

mondial

mondial

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts
I'm just installing ML to 1201N from scratch by usb!

You ever heard of Niresh Jackson? A young man, applephile and self-proclaimed pirate, from Sri Lanka.

My SSD is empty and I'm installing his 10.8 Niresh ML.
What I did: Have disabled USB 2.0 so the installation is veeeryyy sloooooow! But not stuck!
We have to choose the "Kernel Cache"=/atom (with the quotes") boot argument for the 1201 and the installation is running!
Will inform you tomorrow of the results
Best Mondi

flydef

flydef

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
@mondial, I'm exactly where you are at using a UB v1.5.3 created USB boot drive with 10.8 mach_kernal and using bootflags:

npci=0x2000 -v -x

Stops at the same line:
[IOBluetoothHCIController::setconfigstate] calling RegisterService

Have you been able to get any further?

What boot flags are you using?

mondial

mondial

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

@mondial, I'm exactly where you are at using a UB v1.5.3 created USB boot drive with 10.8 mach_kernal and using bootflags:

npci=0x2000 -v -x

Stops at the same line:
[IOBluetoothHCIController::setconfigstate] calling RegisterService

Have you been able to get any further?

What boot flags are you using?

see post above ... will tell you, the 19 min installation is now 3 hours on the run and I have 6 min to do, so I think its another hour :-)

EDIT: got an error message from Niresh's ML Installation with an huge exclamation point when nearly finished ... I think it doesn't work or I have to vary the installer attributes...

EDITEDIT: Tried it once more today (just booting) but without keyboard .... I'm in ML!!! (Niresh's build)
have to check all functions...

booted by usbpen (Lion10.7 + chimera1.11.1) and -x for boot arg
first changed IOStorage back to 10.7.3
Added voodoops2 to /S/L/E now I've my keyboard back

changed bootloader at disk to chameleon 2.1 r2059 by cham wizard
added mtec's org.cham + smbios + dsdt (4GB) to /E/E
added mtec's kexts to /S/L/E and deleted VoodooHDA from Niresh
then kext util for all
  • trackpad: ok
  • bluetooth: ok
  • ethernet: nok, b/c only working till first sleep then no wakeup till reboot (but I just read that's a general BUG and only in ML, not Lion!)
  • 1510 wlan: ok
  • sleep/Fn+F1(Zzz)/closing Lid + wakeup: ok
  • shutdown: ok
  • sound: ok
  • cam: ok
  • battery: ok
  • iCloud/FaceTime: ok
Stay tuned ...

btw: by searching the web I found this for a clean ML installation! : http://pastebin.com/3SCxyHMM
Mondi

Attached Files

flydef

flydef

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
Tried so many different installation options the past few days but they aren't working.

Hopefully someone capable can put together a step by step install guide...

One that doesn't require the use of any beast stuff or installer creator branded ones would be great.

Thanks.

mtek

mtek

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
After a few days off the hackintosh scene, I'm back.

Flydef, ML installs great from retail version, but it's definitley easier to install using an available installer. After the installer itself does its job it's just fine tuning here and there.
The only thing that the 1201n is really sensible about is botting from an USB drive/HDD as sometimes works and others you just get the cross icon shortly after the Apple logo appears.

The problem (for me) to write a guide is that suits everybody's current setup is that's very hard, since there's not one signle working formula.
For instance I started the whole process by:

- Flashing the BIOS rom and getting AHCI enabled from a modded 0326 BIOS ROM
- formatting the whole HDD into 2 partitions, one for Windows 7 and one obviously for OSX
- using the "UB" installer on my other hack to make a bootable ML USB pen drive ML installer from a retail (genuine bought) ML Retail image.

If you decide to go other path, many other issues will rise, and some steps will have to be altered accordingly.
But this difficult process for someone who's not a 'geek' as myself is what's challeging and most fun - even if at times I got stuck and fortunately with the help of this great community I've found solutions to all my issues.

BTW has anyone tried already to update to 10.8.2?
I've updated my other hack successfully but had one issue with the AppleACPIPlatform.kext but found the solution from unixservice here: http://www.insanelym...howtopic=282930

If no one does it first I'll give the 10.8.2 update a go later onand leave feedback here.

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
I had been planning to, but I decided to wait for someone to be first. :D
BTW. Is Time Machine working great? I mean, if I break something, can I restore my backup?

mtek

mtek

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
** UPDATE **

Now running successfully 10.8.2! :)

Steps:

- Download 10.8.2 DMG directly from Apple
- Install it but at the end don't restart
- Use kext helper b7 or kext utility roll back some kexts (IOStorageController & AppleACPIPlatform kexts essential for booting but other nececessary for sound, et cetera)
- Update the mach_kernel to a patched 10.8.2 one (credits to meklort)
- Repair permissions using disk utility
- Reboot and voilá...10.8.2!

I send a direct link for all the necessary files for the update: https://dl.dropbox.c...60/1201n_ML.zip

Good luck!

Attached Files

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Updated, everything works great!

mondial

mondial

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts
mtek, thx a lot!

btw: where did you get the kernel for 8.2 or is it the same as 8.1 ?
and: iCloud is workinnnn!!!

best Mondi

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy