Asus 1201N Installation and support

• Please log in to reply
1037 replies to this topic

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:various. :)
Ok, I don't know what else can I do now.
I'd prepared a bootable USB ML drive using ######, earlier using the tips from page 1. It booted correctly (every time), installed correctly, but when I try to boot the installed system (using USB ofc.), the screen just gets blank and black on "setting legacy usb off on controller". I was using the files from nasseau and borris, different dsdt.aml (that one from borris and from the first page), boot.plist and smbios.plist with different configuration. -v, -f, -x, npci etc... everything. And nothing seems to work.
I have no modded BIOS with no AHCI support, my netbook worked correctly on Lion and Snow Leopard without it, so I thought it wouldn't be necessary.
2GB RAM, using external WiFi card (with stock inside), if it's important.

mtek

mtek

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
@chlystek1993
Why not trying the modded AHCI overclockable BIOS then?

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Nothing changed. Will try to install again but don't think it will change anything.
Maybe someone can write a tutorial? Even if it's only partially working. I just want to know what am I doing wrong.

EDIT: With AHCI netbook reboots in the middle of installation, lol. O,o

EDIT2: OK, I'm done. Tried almost eveyrthing, well, actually everything that can be found around the internet. Go back to Lion.

V-ADi

V-ADi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:Web programming, Video Games :)
Hi everyone!
Just installed the ML to my 1201n, however after the installation when I am trying to boot for the first time into ML it's stuck. Without verbose it displays the Apple logo, with -v it loads a lots of things then the screen just goes black!
I used the files from this post, to get the installer working:
http://www.insanelym...dpost&p=1843611

Any help is appreciated! Thank you!

Edit: So I managed to Pause the screen and wrote down what is says before freezing... So here it is!

Boost Args: boot-uuid=B6EE5AFC-9DA3-312C-818A-FABEB6-7B8D13 rd=*uuid -v
Setting Legacy USB Off on contoller [10de:0aa6] at 00:04.1
Legacy USB Off Done
Setting Legacy USB Off on contoller [10de:0aa9] at 00:06.1
Legacy USB Off Done

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
This looks exactly the same as for me. I'm not a hackintosh geek so I don't know which files cause this problem.
- not ##### because the installation runs fine;
- not kexts in /E/E because without them there is no "a lot of things" on the screen and I used other files and it didn't help;
- not kernel because I'd downloaded it from osx86 and I didn't work, too.
DSDT/Chameleon then? I have no idea. :P

And to make things even worse, my VM stopped working - just like that after three days. So I must use Leopard which not only is very slow, but also it doesn't work with Chameleon Wizard.
I guess someone doesn't like me.
OK, end of complaining. :D

V-ADi

V-ADi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Okay, now that you say, our problem is really the same. :D When I realized what is the last message on the console, I already forgot, that you had the same problem! :D
Now I am gonna try to update my BIOS, but first I must find my pendrive. :D I'll let you know if it helped (or not). :P

EDIT: I've updated my BIOS to the AHCI overclockable one, and I've set the AHCI mode in BIOS, but no luck, same problem - blank screen after the previously mentioned rows...
Any solution? :(

one9092002

one9092002

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • Interests:hackintosh,networking,programming graphic design,video editing

The sleepnabler.kext doesn't work on 10.7.4?? It worked great on 10.7.2 & 10.7.3.

@MTEK I COULD NOT OVER CLOCK FROM FSB FROM 533 TO 667MHZ IT WENT INTO RECOVERY MODE

one9092002

one9092002

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • Interests:hackintosh,networking,programming graphic design,video editing
i have installed mountain lion and have everything working... i just can't seem to get iCloud and FaceTime working .. i have tried champ list changing the smbios serial ethernet built=yes in under org.chameleon.Boot.plist and deleting preferences/system configuration and nothing i have app store working ...can anyone help me ?

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Could you tell us please how did you prepare your USB key and which files did you use?

V-ADi

V-ADi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

i have installed mountain lion and have everything working... i just can't seem to get iCloud and FaceTime working .. i have tried champ list changing the smbios serial ethernet built=yes in under org.chameleon.Boot.plist and deleting preferences/system configuration and nothing i have app store working ...can anyone help me ?

On the previous page someone succeded with this:

try to delete /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration and reboot

But I am still stucked... I am waiting for some help too.

goldenchan

goldenchan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Dear all,

Is there a complete installation guide of ML onto 1201N in this post? Anyone can give me a hand on pointing out or give me the link to it?

Many thanks in advance.

GC

mtek

mtek

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Dear all,

Is there a complete installation guide of ML onto 1201N in this post? Anyone can give me a hand on pointing out or give me the link to it?

Many thanks in advance.

GC

Hi GC

If you read carefully the last pages you'll see how myself & others have installed ML. There's no single method out there and no universal success formula unfortunately.

Anyway I've attached a few essential kexts (& atom kernel) to run ML correctly on the 1201n - hope it helps you out.

Good hack!

Attached Files

mtek

mtek

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
Are any of you guys having issues with restarting? After I did the AppleRTC patch I've had no more CMOS resets but restarting oddly doesn't work (just black empty screen). Shutting down works great & fast and the same applies to sleep.

Another thing I've noticed since switching to ML from Lion is that it's just bloody fast! The 1201n gained a new life and everything is so much faster and fluid, like safari browsing, finder operations, et cetera. God bless Apple for ML! :)

Cirroz

Cirroz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Are any of you guys having issues with restarting? After I did the AppleRTC patch I've had no more CMOS resets but restarting oddly doesn't work (just black empty screen). Shutting down works great & fast and the same applies to sleep.

Put EvOreboot.kext to E/E

Attached Files

mtek

mtek

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Put EvOreboot.kext to E/E

Thanks a lot man - problem solved! :)
That was exactly the kext I was missing - really not sure how could I've missed before - my bad.
I've updated my 10.8 kexts in the previous post to include this one too.

BTW, I've updated my 1201n to 10.8.1 through software update without any issues whatsoever - quick & safe minor update.

Cirroz

Cirroz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
Does your iCoud work well?

mtek

mtek

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Does your iCoud work well?

Nope! Unfortunately that's my only remaining problem. I've tried everything in the book (different smbios, ethernetbuiltin=yes, correct en0/en1 order for ethernet&wifi, different kernels, et cetera... I've even tried different install methods like retail & iatkos! Out of ideas really...oh well can't have it all I guess. :(

Cirroz

Cirroz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Nope! Unfortunately that's my only remaining problem. I've tried everything in the book (different smbios, ethernetbuiltin=yes, correct en0/en1 order for ethernet&wifi, different kernels, et cetera... I've even tried different install methods like retail & iatkos! Out of ideas really...oh well can't have it all I guess. :(

Sad.
I stuck here too :(

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
The reason of my problems with black screen were the files from nasseau.
Now everything's OK. ML works on my netbook. :P

EDIT: I lied. Messages, iCloud, FaceTime not working.

Attached Files

mtek

mtek

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

The reason of my problems with black screen were the files from nasseau.
Now everything's OK. ML works on my netbook. :P

EDIT: I lied. Messages, iCloud, FaceTime not working.

Glad to know you got it working, but sadly you're also a member of our "icloudless 1201n club". :P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy