• Please log in to reply
1050 replies to this topic

mtek

mtek

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

The 1201N is so far down the line of Hacks that I need to attempt ML on that I may never get to it!

That might be true, but it's one of the most interesting to do it and show everyone that it can be made! :)

erice02o

erice02o

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
I have no idea what I'm doing with this stuff, but I found this: http://www.osx86.net...ernel_atom.html

mtek

mtek

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

I have no idea what I'm doing with this stuff, but I found this: http://www.osx86.net...ernel_atom.html

Yep just found it out myself - I'm innthe process of trying to install ML into my 1201n right now! The installer boots fine with this kernel - just hope that the final install will do also.

erice02o

erice02o

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Yep just found it out myself - I'm innthe process of trying to install ML into my 1201n right now! The installer boots fine with this kernel - just hope that the final install will do also.

If you're successful, make a new thread and link to it :)

mtek

mtek

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
** UPDATE **

I'm affraid the final installation was not successful... :(

So, this is what I did so far:

- Used a 16GB USB Pen in 2 GPT partitions, one 8GB for the ML setup (used another forum installer) and the only thing I added was the mach_kernel_atom in this post to make it boot correctly, otherwise it'd be suck at the Apple logo;
- Did the install on my other usb pen 8GB partition and it went flawlessly to the end!
- Copied the mach_kernel_atom to the root of the final ML partition
- Copied FakeSMC, NullCPUpowermanagement & IOStorageController from 10.7.3 (the one needed to make Lion 10.7.4 boot)

Result: it boots correctly and loads all the kexts up to a point where it simply freezes. :(
I send attached the verbose (-v) boot I did up to the point where it stops for some reason - maybe someone more knowledgable than I might have any ideas what's the reason and what to try next. :)

Let's make this work!!!

Attached Files

Mestiso

Mestiso

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

up to the point where it stops for some reason

It stops on [ PCI configuration begin ] which is popular hang issue, try those (in combinations):
  • -v
  • -f
  • -x
  • npci=0x2000
  • npci=0x3000
  • PCIRootUID=0
  • PCIRootUID=1
  • GraphicsEnabler=No
I have 10.7.0 1201N but cannot test at the moment without my backup disks, usb pens, etc.
Anyway, still waiting for kernel in the other thread.

mosslack

mosslack

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 881 posts

** UPDATE **

I'm affraid the final installation was not successful... :(

So, this is what I did so far:

- Used a 16GB USB Pen in 2 GPT partitions, one 8GB for the ML setup (used another forum installer) and the only thing I added was the mach_kernel_atom in this post to make it boot correctly, otherwise it'd be suck at the Apple logo;
- Did the install on my other usb pen 8GB partition and it went flawlessly to the end!
- Copied the mach_kernel_atom to the root of the final ML partition
- Copied FakeSMC, NullCPUpowermanagement & IOStorageController from 10.7.3 (the one needed to make Lion 10.7.4 boot)

Result: it boots correctly and loads all the kexts up to a point where it simply freezes. :(
I send attached the verbose (-v) boot I did up to the point where it stops for some reason - maybe someone more knowledgable than I might have any ideas what's the reason and what to try next. :)

Let's make this work!!!

Can we safely assume you used the ##### ML installer for this? FYI out of all the systems I have tried to install ML on so far, using that same installer flash drive, I have had only one success and that was an HP/Compaq DC7800.

The easiest system I've always had to work with OS X has been a GA-P35-DS3L, and it does exactly what you described here. I can get past that PCI configuration begin by adding the evil kexts into /E/E, but then it hangs again later on for no apparent reason.

I am surprised you got that far using only USB as that has always been a sticking point for the 1201N. I never could get a successful USB hard drive or flash drive install to run in the past.

mtek

mtek

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
*** UPDATE ***

Hi guys! Hot news!! ML is up & running on my good ol'1201n! :thumbsup_anim: I must be one of the first to have done it...
But unfortunately not without issues I'm afraid...I'll get to those - but just check out my print screen!

@mosslack - yes that's the installer that got the things running. ;)
No problems in setting up the USB HD - pretty straightforward. Only 'problem' is that I got run the pen with the charger plugged in - on batteries it won't work.

ML in general runs pretty great - full QE/CI and snappy in general - it actually feels a little bit faster than Lion in general use.

The (unfortunate) issues are:

- sleepenabler.kext from 10.7.3 & 10.7.4 won't work - gotta try a new updated version
- applehda.kext patched version along with ioaudio kexts won't work - just the airplay (new) device is recognized. :( :(
- touchpad isn't recognized as a touchpad but as a.....mouse! :(

There must be other issues, but so far those are the one's that I've noticed.
So ML can run in 1201n - been done & tested, although with some new issues/problems.

Any tips?

Attached Files

mosslack

mosslack

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 881 posts
This is great news. I will have to give it a shot when I have some free time. I'm still trying to get ML on my other desktop systems and when that is done I will move on to the 1201N. What a great little system this has been for us.

It probably would be a good idea to start a new thread on this and be sure to post a link. Thanks!

mtek

mtek

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
Thanks mosslack - it'll be great to have other 1201n users installing ML and try together to fix the issues I've mentioned.

Could it be a 32bit/64bit issue since ML only runs everything 64bit natively?

Good luck & let me know if I can be of any help (but bear in mind that I'm just a OSX86 newbie).

mondial

mondial

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Thanks mosslack - it'll be great to have other 1201n users installing ML and try together to fix the issues I've mentioned.

Could it be a 32bit/64bit issue since ML only runs everything 64bit natively?

Good luck & let me know if I can be of any help (but bear in mind that I'm just a OSX86 newbie).

Great guys!
Will try it in a few days as well bc I'm on holydays right now...
@mtek:
Which parameters you set at ######## and which chameleon you used or is it ########## ?
Thx
Mondi

read this and this !!!!

Edited by fantomas1, 05 August 2012 - 08:05 AM.

mtek

mtek

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
** UPDATE **

After reinstalling the applehda & iousbaudio kexts once again and repairing the permissions twice I got the audio finally working!
Now I gotta try and fix the trackpad not being recognized and trying out a
new version of sleepenabler (the one from 10.7.4 gave me a KP), and I'll have a fully functional ML install. :)

lefferalgan

lefferalgan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

** UPDATE **

After reinstalling the applehda & iousbaudio kexts once again and repairing the permissions twice I got the audio finally working!
Now I gotta try and fix the trackpad not being recognized and trying out a
new version of sleepenabler (the one from 10.7.4 gave me a KP), and I'll have a fully functional ML install. :)

Hi Mtek,

Can you post a mini "how to" to insyall ML on our 1201n?!

Thx in advance

Regards
Lefferalgan :)

mtek

mtek

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
Still no progress on sleep... I've tried the latest sleepanbler.kext from google code and it worked partially. The computer did go to sleep (extremely fast) correctly but then when it woke up it went all messy, freezing randomly, airport stopped being recognized, etc... Also still no progress in getting the trackpad correctly recognized. :(

@lefferalgan
I'd do it gladly, but I think it's soon enough because of the pending issues I'm still experiencing and also because I did the install using another site/forum installer which is apparently against this forum policies to mention...sorry.

b0ris

b0ris

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi all!
I was able to run on my ML 1201N
Everything works except for icloud and facetime

I did everything in this manual http://rutracker.org...c.php?t=4029581
then set its own set of kexts. All kexts that have been deleted in the image

My set of kexts here: https://dl.dropbox.c...26/1201N-ML.zip

PS Sorry for my English

lefferalgan

lefferalgan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
ML working for me too. But i think is slower than L or SL

2 fingers scroll working too.

mtek

mtek

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
Great to know other people succeeded already too! :)

Menawhile I solved the trackpad & sleep issues, with the chameleon bootloader instead of using another forum bootloader. Go figure!
ML is very snappy on my 1201n - I'd say a little bit faster than Lion, but maybe that's because it's a clean install.

How about iCloud - any success?
I'm with B0ris can't login with the server - same problem as always...

levvys

levvys

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Guys, please make step by step guide. Somebody got working iCloud?

robimac

robimac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
@mtek

I'm sorry for the delay, just a little holiday :wink2:
here the spec of the wi-fi card: it's a Broadcom standard PCI card I found a couple of years ago on eBay. It's a 802.11/n for upgrade a Siemens laptop, so my wi-fi network is all in the same standard. I swap the card from Siemens to Asus. Despite 1201n mount a mini PCI, I tried to fit a standard PCI with success. After the update from 10.7.0 to 10.7.4 it doesn't work. I have reinstalled IO80211Family.kext from 10.7.0 and it work again. Sorry for my really terrible english. Ciao Rob

825]en0:

825] Tipo di scheda: AirPort Extreme (0x14E4, 0x8C)

825] Versione firmware: Broadcom BCM43xx 1.0 (5.10.131.36.11)

825] Indirizzo MAC: 00:1e:c2:c1:33:f5

825] Locale: ETSI

825] Codice paese: IT

825] Modalità PHY supportate: 802.11 a/b/g/n

sy6sy2

sy6sy2

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello ; sorry for my english but i'm french

I run ML on my 1201N too ;

Everything work fine except sleep and icloud

@mtek

You says your sleep work ; please tell me what have you do ; because i have the sleepenabler of bOris Extra folder and my sleep doesn't work.

Thanks you all

Edit :

The sleep work fine ; simply unplug the mouse -_-'

But iCloud doesn't work...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy