• Please log in to reply
1050 replies to this topic

mondial

mondial

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts

I couldn't get iCloud/FT to work for the longest time. Then, some, whatever I did with those recent steps worked. It still works. And I completely reinstalled from scratch with those steps twice. Maybe it's a GPT/GUID thing? I don't know, and I don't know what step could be causing the issue, but those steps with those files worked after trying virtually everything. Wish I could be of better help...

I think that's because of the 4GB DSDT when you only have 3...I could be wrong, but try using the 3GB one from the 1st post and that may fix it.

I wish I knew exactly how I fixed my iC/FT problem...it's working for me on 10.7.3 with those steps I posted (plus updating to 10.7.3 + replace audio kexts) as well as close-to-sleep. I'm PRETTY sure I'm still using the mach_kernel_atom kernel from the original post and have been updating Chamelon...hmmm, arghh

could you please post your smbios ?
thx Mondial

biird

biird

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

could you please post your smbios ? thx Mondial

It's included in the download in this post

jtymabel

jtymabel

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
im currently at 10.7.1. 32bit. i have not been able to update os x to 10.7.2 / 10.7.3 nor boot into 64bit. (tried mach=x86_64 in chameleon pref. ) maybe its the kernel...

Alex DeWolf

Alex DeWolf

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts
Hey guys:
Thanks for all the hard work.
I have the latest BIOS and the USBLegacyFix=yes and I am still getting the Waiting for root device error. I followed the instructions from the first page to make a boot USB device. I assume this s USB kext issue?

driedger

driedger

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hey everyone, thanks for the great guide. After hosing my Snow Leopard system last week, I decided to take the plunge and load Lion onto my 1201n. I followed the guide, and had some minor issues, but worked my way through them thanks to others experiences posted in this thread.

After reading that others had successfully updated to 10.7.3, I downloaded the combo update and gave it a shot. I rebooted after installation of the combo update, and now I am stuck at 'Still waiting for root device' and cannot boot into Lion.

My system config:
4gig ram, using 4gig dsdt
Bios 0326 unmodified
stock hard drive and wlan card
chameleon r1203 from the guide
GPT disk, triple booting with Windows 7 and Ubuntu 11.10 with another partition with a clone of my working 10.7.0 setup created with SuperDuper

I am stuck at waiting for root device. I have tried booting -v -x in safe mode as well as with UseKernelCache=No but cant get past this. Has anyone else had any problems? The only other thing I can think to try would be to use a different version of Chameleon but I am looking for advice on what to try next. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!
driedger

driedger

driedger

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Restored my system from backup and gave the 10.7.3 combo update another try this afternoon, with positive results.
10.7.0 Base install from following guide on page 1.
Downloaded 10.7.3 combo update and installed.
After installation, I was unable to use disk utility to repair permissions, would crash immediately upon launch. Command line 'diskutil repairPermissions /' did not work either.
Downloaded Chameleon r1627, as noted previously in this thread, and installed with Chameleon Wizard (performed update)
Ran Kext Utility
Reinstalled AppleHDA.kext and IOAudioFamily.kext
Clicked reboot.
Upon reboot, computer made it part way through boot process before it restarted itself. On next boot, got into Lion, but Kernel Panic'd before I could do anything. Rebooted 3rd time, and everything appears to be working good now.

Next step, try to get iCloud and sleep working!

Driedger

mondial

mondial

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Is anyone's 1201n shutting down when the lid is closed?

I only ask as mine is doing this. Not sure why. It Sleeps by manually selecting it in the menu so i'm a bit confused :wacko:

Any help appreciated! Thanks.

I think, I got sleep by closing LID working:
changed my 64bit 1201 to "old" hibernatemode 0 (default=3 - mode 1 doesn't work either)!
Now, it's working ( I hope b/c I'm never sure, if anything is cached anywhere and will be released sometimes later :-))
and can confirm, after several reboots, it's still working....

But a known issue still present: ethernet (atherosL1cEthernet, 215361Byte, ver. maolj, 2010) is only working till first sleep, there I can plug in and out the eth-cable, connection is established or not, but then after wakeup of 1st sleep never connected anymore (hibernate 0 & 3). b.t.w: tried it with WLAN on and off.
Very interresting: After a newstart and cable is NOT plugged in (ethernet is modified with manually IP), the connection is enabled like cable would be connected.... ???

best Mondial

otropatolucas

otropatolucas

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
Hello,
I have 10.7.3 working great (thanks to Styrczu for your patience and help) but the fan is ever working very fast. Everybody have the same issue?

thanks

lefferalgan

lefferalgan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi,

This is great post, i try to install Lion on my 1201N, but i have an issue.

I have used the boot maker tool 1.0.0, but when the installation is finished, the laptop restart but nothing i have an "_" blinking...

So, can someone help me?!

Thx in advance

lefferalgan

lefferalgan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Ok i have found a solutioon... :)

Create a new chameleon usb boot.

Boot from the HDD and after installe chameleon on disk

DrEmmettBrown

DrEmmettBrown

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Wow! Thanks for this great thread. I recently got a 1201N after reviewing the Netbook Compatibility Chart and, after following this thread from the beginning - and using Biird's excellent Extra folder contents - got this 'tosh working perfectly. Right now, I'm using 64-bit 10.7.3 and hibernatemode 3 with perfectly functioning sleep. But I must admit, I haven't actually tested restart from a hibernation, though I may pull the battery and give that a shot.

This is a very impressive machine, though it is quite a bit slower than my XPS M1210 (T7400 CPU) and even e1705 (T7200 CPU), but I can't get either of those to reliably sleep with Lion.

I think that the summary of what works and what doesn't, at the top of this thread, needs to be revised to reflect that fact that *everything* appears to work. Though I suppose that it would probably be a good idea to insert a brief disclaimer about no hardware VT-X support. That's just a minor inconvenience given the limited power of this platform, but it's a legitimate issue nevertheless.

Now, I see that 10.7.4 is out. I may just backup my 10.7.3 install and give it a shot. Has anyone else taken the plunge yet?

Thanks for all the effort - you people are great!

mtek

mtek

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
DrEmmettBrown, I'd stay away from 10.7.4 for the moment - I've tried to update (the update itself went fine), but no more successful boot. :(
It just stucks after the apple logo appears - it seems to be a care of incompatible kernel maybe...

moesyczlak

moesyczlak

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
10.7.4 hosed my machine, good thing I had a 10.7.3 backup. What steps can we take to make this work again?

mtek

mtek

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

10.7.4 hosed my machine, good thing I had a 10.7.3 backup. What steps can we take to make this work again?

Make 10.7.4 work? Good question... Lot's of hackintoshes are breaking down with the latest Apple update - unlike the previous one (10.7.3) which was mainly hassle free.
Maybe Apple is trying to give the hackintoshers some trouble....

BTW, are your 1201n's overclocked? If so @ what ghz? I've been running my 1201n very stable and with controlled temps @ 1.92Ghz and I'm very happy so far - it definitely feels snappier both in OSX & Win 7.
Used the AHCI unlocked 0326 BIOS (attached) to set AHCI mode before installing OS X and also the "Performance options" to overclock the FSB.

Did a 64-bit geekbench test and pulled 1677 points (see attachment). Guess it's not that bad for a netbook. :)

The thing that only improved slightly was Lion's boot time which is so damned slooooooooooow!! Before over clocking it was like 1m15s(!!) to the Finder screen and now still takes some 1m05s or so. This with kernelchache=yes - actually it made no difference whatsoever in boot time.
Even loading windows it's slow - but the oddest thing is that when you benchmark the hard disk it pulls out perfectly normal numbers. Mistery.... I mean even my good ol´MSI Wind U100 beats the {censored} out of the 1201n booting both Win 7 & OS X - taking less than half the time! lol

What's your experiences with the 1201n as far as performance is concerned? Any tips?

Attached Files

mosslack

mosslack

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 881 posts
I just gave mine a shot, but it didn't work. I tried my backup partition and then used verbose on the reboot. Everything went okay but then at last I got the still waiting for rood device error at the end. My primary 10.7.3 partition still boots fine, so no loss.

BTW, this is the first system I've had any problem with. I updated my GA-P35-DS3L and MSI P55-GD80 with no problems at all. Still need to do my GA-945GCMX-S2, but I don't anticipate any problems with it.

mosslack

mosslack

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 881 posts

Had some extra time to kill so I tried some things to get my 1201N up on 10.7.4. First tried rolling back the AppleFileSystemDriver.kext to the previous version, but that didn't work. So I then tried rolling back the IOStorageFamily.kext back to the previous version and this allowed the system to boot. I'm presently re-installing the audio kext to get sound back, but it appears to be working very well as of now.

mtek

mtek

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Had some extra time to kill so I tried some things to get my 1201N up on 10.7.4. First tried rolling back the AppleFileSystemDriver.kext to the previous version, but that didn't work. So I then tried rolling back the IOStorageFamily.kext back to the previous version and this allowed the system to boot. I'm presently re-installing the audio kext to get sound back, but it appears to be working very well as of now.

Interesting!
So is the system working OK now or are there any other issues? Did you do the combo update?

mtek

mtek

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
I've never been able to successfully enable iCloud services on my 1201n - although App Store runs just fine. To those (like me unfortunately) that can't seem to enable iCloud services on their 1201n's there's an alternative that could be worth a try. The one thing I missed the most from iCloud was the iCal syncing service so I gave BusyCal that's an excellent alternative to the native iCal a try. And I just had to configure my caldav iCloud account effortlessly and bingo - iCal calendar syncing (and reminders) perfectly working! I think it also works fine with those still run SL. It's a great piece of software and free to try. :)

http://www.busymac.com/busycal/

lefferalgan

lefferalgan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Make 10.7.4 work? Good question... Lot's of hackintoshes are breaking down with the latest Apple update - unlike the previous one (10.7.3) which was mainly hassle free.
Maybe Apple is trying to give the hackintoshers some trouble....

BTW, are your 1201n's overclocked? If so @ what ghz? I've been running my 1201n very stable and with controlled temps @ 1.92Ghz and I'm very happy so far - it definitely feels snappier both in OSX & Win 7.
Used the AHCI unlocked 0326 BIOS (attached) to set AHCI mode before installing OS X and also the "Performance options" to overclock the FSB.

Did a 64-bit geekbench test and pulled 1677 points (see attachment). Guess it's not that bad for a netbook. :)

The thing that only improved slightly was Lion's boot time which is so damned slooooooooooow!! Before over clocking it was like 1m15s(!!) to the Finder screen and now still takes some 1m05s or so. This with kernelchache=yes - actually it made no difference whatsoever in boot time.
Even loading windows it's slow - but the oddest thing is that when you benchmark the hard disk it pulls out perfectly normal numbers. Mistery.... I mean even my good ol´MSI Wind U100 beats the {censored} out of the 1201n booting both Win 7 & OS X - taking less than half the time! lol

What's your experiences with the 1201n as far as performance is concerned? Any tips?

Hi,

I have moded bios but how have you OC your CPU?!

Thx in advance

mtek

mtek

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
@lefferalgan

Hi, the easiest and probably safest way is to switch the FSB speed from 533Mhz to 667Mhz, which will result in a CPU actual speed of 2Ghz. That's the way I've been running of lately my 1201n without any issues or noticable impact on battery life, at least on lighter use.

You can configure it at the Security tab - Performance options - Northbridge Chipset Configuration - FSB speed to 667Mhz

Let us know your geekbench scores.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy