• Please log in to reply
1039 replies to this topic

Isisidoro

Isisidoro

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I have 10.7.0 and I can't make any upgrade.
Is there someone that post a step by step procedure to upgrade to 10.7.1 and then 10.7.2?
Thanks

raul90

raul90

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi all! after much tweaking, patience and everything else, I managed to have a 100% working hackintosh !!!!!!!! The only bug is that the touchpad to work, it works, just do not touch it to open a window (that is, when you want to press the X to close the application, I have to press the left touch-pad: (

1) The kext VoodooPS2Controller.kext is the one in question ... came out a few more that would make the touchpad work 100%?
2) I would like to upgrade to 10.7.2 but I do not want to combine a mess. I know that you have to update the bootloader and mach_kernel_atom Chamelon (now installed r1203)
give me some advice? to update it without any problems? Thanks

up

the_vinci

the_vinci

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, I'm just new in all this Hackintosh :-)

Bootloader Chameleon 2.1
Custom Kernel Atom Kernel 11.1.0
and much more :-) L2

I have a Asus 1201n (Netbook)

BIOS Settings:
Execute Disable bit: Enabled --> Couldn't find this option in my BIOS.
XD: Enabled --> Couldn't find this option in my BIOS
Limit CPUID Max: Disabled --> DONE
Virtualization --> Couldn't find this option in my BIOS
Hyper-threading --> Couldn't find this option in my BIOS.
HPET: Enabled --> Couldn't find this option in my BIOS.
SATA Mode: AHCI --> DONE

After that booted from the disc and I get the following:

Attempt 1:
1-Booted with verbose (mach_atom)
2-Stuck at loading screen (Apple LOGO)

Attempt 2:
1-Booted with verbose (-v mach_atom)

Attempt 3:
1-Booted with verbose (-v -x mach_atom)

Hope you can help me get Lion work thx

Posted Image

Posted Image

erice02o

erice02o

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
I just wanted to know if the front page is the most up to date status for Lion on the 1201n? After browsing all the pages, there's lots of different people using lots of different kexts.... Is there anything fully stable?
I'm getting my 1201n back soon, and will be putting my dell 1510 wireless card back in. I just want it for basics, maybe use illustrator on it here and there.
Which is more stable? 10.7.0? 10.7.1? 10.7.2? I don't have the time anymore to be constantly messing around with things, I'd just like to get it to a stable point and leave it as is. Thanks.

trogscave

trogscave

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Hello,
I have tried following the directions for installation several times.
Each time I see the boot up screen load all of the library files,
and then after a minute or two, the laptop reboots.

I can't see the error message because it reboots too fast.
Any help would be very appreciated.

surrealillusion

surrealillusion

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

I'm having the same problem.

1) Created USB using the Lion BootMaker and the manual process from page 1
2) Booting from USB, the apple screen appears, followed by the "Connect Mouse" screen, followed by Language Screen
3) After selecting English, the error message "Installation Cannot Continue" appears with a choice of viewing the log or saving the log

Have others encountered this? Any solutions or suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Without seeing the log file it's a bit of a crapshoot as to what is going wrong. I ran across a similar error myself and when checking the logs it was complaining about a file that was from the modified bzip2 that was supposed to be copied over from the Lion install package to the usb key. Comb through the logs towards the beginning and it will tell you why it can't conintue.

Rseven

Rseven

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi.
One question, if i install Lion on my 1201N, i gonna have more performance?
Or my computer will be more Slow?

Uloga

Uloga

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Hey guys, I have this issue, I plug in my USB key and I select it, but I'm just getting a screen with a white blinking cursor.

I have AHCI on, what am I doing WRONG? I used the pre-install tool...

ice_pdb

ice_pdb

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
sure you have the latest bios? There no AHCI in the last bios for Asus 1201N....

In AMD systems some motherboard only boots in IDE mode...

sulake

sulake

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Hey guys, I have this issue, I plug in my USB key and I select it, but I'm just getting a screen with a white blinking cursor.

I have AHCI on, what am I doing WRONG? I used the pre-install tool...

You must watch if you formatted the USB with the GUID partition table, hope it helps!!

biird

biird

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
I finally got 10.7.2 working with iCloud/Facetime! Not entirely sure how exactly, but I've attached the files I'm currently using. I'll recap what I did in order and hopefully this helps clear things up.

Sleep works by closing the lid as well!

First thing to do is make the bootable Lion USB. This is all available on the first page of the thread. Use the files provided and follow the steps to boot, format drive, copy kernel/extensions, install, and boot into your newly installed 10.7.0 OS X partition. Remember to boot to the thumb drive and then select the hard drive install partition in Chameleon when the boot loader shows.

Once booted into 10.7, install Chameleon to the hard drive. Personally, I use Champlist to update and download Chameleon, but there are many of ways to do this.

Now remove the Extra folder and copy over the files in my attachment to the hard drive. You may need to rebuild the .mkext, but it should work as is. Reboot

10.7 should boot successfully now without use of the thumb drive. The next objective is to delete Ethernet and Wifi from the Network tab in System Preferences to reset the devices. After that, remove NetworkInterfaces.plist from /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration and reboot.

After rebooting, go back into System Preferences and Network. Add Ethernet first, apply, add WiFi, apply, reboot. This is key because the Ethernet needs to be the first device. I connected to Wifi after this and tested FaceTime. ZING! WORKED! I hadn't had FaceTime work yet on Lion, but it finally worked with this group of kexts/boot.plist/smbios! Since success here, I downloaded the 10.7.2 combo update, rebooted, and logged into iCloud successfully!

Once I realized I had iCloud/Facetime working on 10.7.2, as well as sleep working, I moved /E/E to /S/L/E and removed the .mkext from Extra, repaired, and boom!

Attached Files

Uloga

Uloga

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

You must watch if you formatted the USB with the GUID partition table, hope it helps!!

EDIT: I'm going to re-try it with a clean computer, wish me luck!

EDIT2: YES I've DONE IT! I can install Lion

EDIT3: Too early, when my pc tries to boot, I just get a blinking cursor again... Something wrong with the boot?

Here's a vid with my problem
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSFOtbPtr48

EDIT4:
Ok I can get it to "boot" for a little, I press -v in the bootloader, I see a lot of lines, and suddenly the pc reboots

alphaplayer

alphaplayer

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I'm going to post my adventure with Lion and all the problems I've found.

The installation I have done was:

Making the USB following the crazyjuice at first post, but doing it with the 1.0.1 beta3 NetbookBootMaker. I've installed Lion making the cp at the terminal, erasing disk and installing it. I has too problems to install but at the third time I has a succesfully Lion on my HDD.

Next step, boot it from the Chameleon USB. I've found here a problem. The USB Chameleon at my USB don't let me choose from where partition I want to boot. I've installed other Chameleon versions and nothing. It stucks at a grey screen for 20 seconds, then starts booting from USB. The solution was modifying the com.chameleon.boot.plist with Chameleon Wizard, opening it and clicking the option "Time to boot 5" on 5 secs. I put again the USB on my 1201N and voilà, now I have some options to choose.

Ok, now I'm opening my 10.7. I choose language, have another usb keyboard to plug-in when it asks and all okay. If I install chameleon, same thing happens. It doesn't let me choose my options.

Solution. I've installed in my new 10.7.0 the kexts from biird and worked well. Booting in 32-bits (with arch=1386) and 64-bits my battery meter always stuck at "charging", it says to change my battery and has a "charging logo" without connecting my charger. When I turn off I need to press the power button 5 secs to power off the PC, etc...

I will try to install again 10.7.2 with a combo update. Yesterday it thrown me a big headache... I wish I have luck today...

Any helps to get this fully installed? I've seen all the posts on this topic and I haven't seen any solution to my problems. I hope to run Steam on this nice netbook ;)

And thanks to all. Crazyjuice, biird, and a big etc... You guys are awesome :)

EDIT4:
Ok I can get it to "boot" for a little, I press -v in the bootloader, I see a lot of lines, and suddenly the pc reboots

Have you seen any "kernel" line on the boot? How did you prepared the USB? Something close happened to me today. Solution, I have downloaded the 1.0.1b3 netbookbootmaker (around page 6, I think). Format your USB with DiskUtility. Open diskutility, click on your USB at left menu, click on "Partitions" and Select "1 partition". In options select GUID, and name it Installer_Lion (as seen at page 1). Now run the 1.0.1b3 to make the USB and put in on to 1201N.

If same thing happens. Download on a working mac/hackintosh Chameleon Wizard. Select option 2 up (that one that is not install). Open the com.chameleon.boot.plist of your Installer_Lion USB. Activate the option below GUI (something like "Time" I think), click on Save and try to boot again.

I hope it helps.

Good luck!

PS: The options I mention above can differ from reality. I'm a spanish hackintosh user so I don't know what is the correct translation of the buttons.

Uloga

Uloga

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Toletum,

I can boot from my USB to the partition, but then it reboots.
I have the standard x64 installed (this is standard selected in the boot maker), what command do I need to enter to get it working?

I tried -arch=i386, but it loads all these HFS+ files, then my laptop REBOOTS and it doesn't load...

Can you tell me exactly what you selected in the Boot Maker? what bootloader did you select?

Edited by Uloga, 09 January 2012 - 08:32 PM.

sulake

sulake

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

EDIT: I'm going to re-try it with a clean computer, wish me luck!

EDIT2: YES I've DONE IT! I can install Lion

EDIT3: Too early, when my pc tries to boot, I just get a blinking cursor again... Something wrong with the boot?

Here's a vid with my problem
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSFOtbPtr48

EDIT4:

Try loading defaults on bios, hope it helps!!

PD: Which bios version do you have?

sulake

sulake

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Try loading defaults on bios, hope it helps!!

PD: Which bios version do you have?

Try pressing the esc button instead of changing it from bios, in bios load defaults

Uloga

Uloga

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
I have 0326, I have the cracked (with AHCI) aswell as the standard. Tried both ;)
I'm gonna try the new beta boot maker :)

Ok this is what I have now:

Windows 7
Mac OS X (I can run the pre-installed one I found here )
But the standard language is russian..

What I want:
My own Mac OS X.

But why is this so complicated, can't this be easy? It should be the same for everyone right?
What I want to know is:

Have you installed MAC OS X with the Boot Maker with the STANDARD options, or did you select anything else?? Like Chameleon 1203?

Ok, I made another video:

sulake

sulake

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

I have 0326, I have the cracked (with AHCI) aswell as the standard. Tried both ;)
I'm gonna try the new beta boot maker :)

Ok this is what I have now:

Windows 7
Mac OS X (I can run the pre-installed one I found here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0dcxfbquw0)
But the standard language is russian..

What I want:
My own Mac OS X.

But why is this so complicated, can't this be easy? It should be the same for everyone right?
What I want to know is:

Have you installed MAC OS X with the Boot Maker with the STANDARD options, or did you select anything else?? Like Chameleon 1203?

Ok, I made another video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rtpZzU8Y7M

I did a double boot with windows 7 following the manual and I installed Lion preparing the usb the long way. Try redoing all the process and reformating the whole HD, can't you boot from the usb either?

If not try this, but you surely tried it already:
http://davidtse916.w...ge-in-mac-os-x/

Uloga

Uloga

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
I'll try the long process ;)

EDIT: YEP THAT WORKED =D FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT2.3: Ok now 1 more issue:

1)I can't boot from harddrive, the Chameleon says something about an unvalid image, it starts to load, and then it just reboots. I can however boot from my USB stick with the same Chameleon (latest 2.1)

Videos:

http://youtu.be/gAe7_gAPnto

EDIT THE KEY WAS TO COPY THE WHOLE EXTRA FOLDER AS A FOLDER!!

cp -r /Volumes/YourUSB/Extra /Volumes/YourHDD/Extra

Edited by Uloga, 15 January 2012 - 12:50 PM.

sulake

sulake

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Did you copy the mach_kernel_atom and the /Extra folder to your HDD?

Step 13

- Open up

Terminal

and run the following command :

cp /Volumes/YourUSBdriveName/mach_kernel_atom /Volumes/YourHarddriveName

cp -R /Volumes/YourUSBdriveName/Extra /Volumes/YourHarddriveName

If not, boot again into the installer usb open Disk Utility and type both commands in the Terminal or if you say you're able to boot into Macintosh HD via usb do it with it's terminal

Ok, I've seen what you did with the Chameleon wizard, instead of directly choosing the Update option you should choose the first option, where it says Boot0fs or something like this, hope it helps!

Edited by sulake, 13 January 2012 - 11:06 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy