Video card overclocking?

bpeugh

14 posts in this topic

I heard at one time that you can overclock a video card. I would like to overclock my Asus EAX1600XT if possible so it matches the 1900XT specs. Now I know I only have 256MB RAM, 12 pipelines and a 128MB interface but it would be cool to bump it up that 6% so the two speeds were close. How do you do this? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
I heard at one time that you can overclock a video card. I would like to overclock my Asus EAX1600XT if possible so it matches the 1900XT specs. Now I know I only have 256MB RAM, 12 pipelines and a 128MB interface but it would be cool to bump it up that 6% so the two speeds were close. How do you do this? Thanks.

Use ATI tool:

http://www.techpowerup.com/atitool/

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
And Nvidia FX5200 Series can also be overclocked?

I found this app than promise than you can do overclock of some video card models, and FX5200 is one, but i cannot extract rom for try make overclock. As i can extract rom for my card?

For overclocking Atis on Mac, use this one, rather than the older one. Though I'm not sure for Hackintoshes

on reply to nvidia oc'ing look on the disc that came with the card for something for overlocking and you'll find a registry file to add to the registry then go to display under control panel and then settings advanced then click on your cards tab a look in the scroll bar for card clock or something like that...that's what it's like on a Nvidia Geforce2 MX 400

Edited by Taylor