New Hosting: Maxxuss Patch v0.5c (SSE2, AntiTPM)

maxxuss

56 posts in this topic

Thanks Ethereal. Has anybody installed v0.5c that doesn't have to manually power the system off like EtherealRemnant, or is this a global side-effect of applying the patch?

Is nothing to do with the patches, is an issue, the problem with X86PC is no shutdown without manually power off, but in ACPI not everyone can reboot.

Thanks for updating it.

By the way, I figured out that it was the nForce patch causing most of my problems. This patch seems to run perfectly fine. Great work for sure!

iTunes still crashes occasionally though... I don't think that's ever going to be fixed.

As for the computer not powering off, once again, it was the nForce driver.

I have the deadmoo image burned to DVD, but when I boot from it I get a message that Darwin doesn't support my hardware.

but I know I have supported hardware for OS X X86. (SSE2-enabled celeron, intel i845pe chipset)

how do you install and run OS X in the first place? this patch seems like a catch-22 ...unless I'm just confused.

from what I understand, you need to have OS X (or at least Darwin) running natively to hack OS X into running... there is no "generic" installer? I saw a "generic" DVD image somewhere... is this what would install on any SSE2/SSE3 x86?

Installed it (I've installed os x with the installation DVD which already has a Maxxus patch SSE3 to SS2). Now I can't boot into the system. When I try to use the -s option it keeps saying "waiting for root device" :(

I read that this patch requires AppleTPMACPI.kext to be installed, is that true? Because the first thing I did when I installed MAC OS X is deleting that file ;)

EDIT: I tried -x option and right now im booting into the system, I'll try to get this fixed.

ok ppl. i used the way of DD and i see in in X menu.. logoff deadmoo. so i guess i hav deadmoo.

now shud i patch it or not with this maxxuss patch?? will it be able to make itunes work? (its not working) also my lan is fubarred.

so shud i patch or not?

? 4 maxxuss or neone in the know

I installed the uber patched maklar native DVD installer that had:

-no tpm

-no sse3 install check

-sse3-> sse2 patch

-sse2 -> rosetta patch (maxxuss .41 or .42 I think)

All ran great!! except java and java development stuff

Was told the maxxuss .5c improves this situation.

my question is:

can the .5c be applied to my current install as is?

or am I in store for a clean install or something???

my question is:

can the .5c be applied to my current install as is?

or am I in store for a clean install or something???

Should not be a problem.

Maybe you can copy the to-be-replaced files to a new folder, so you can always revert.

Besides, the 0.5c patch contains a uninstall feature. Just follow the readme. Good luck!

• 5 weeks later...

Just one question, How long does the 0.5c patch installation takes!?

I'm installing it and it passed 2 hours allready!! :)

###### MacOSX SSE3->SSE2 Runtime Patcher & Emulator #####

###### and Anti-TPM-Patch #####

###### v0.5c - By Maxxuss - Sep 7, 2005 #####

(further general text removed to save space)

== Press RETURN to begin ==

What do you want to do:

i - Install Maxxuss v0.5 Solution

r - Restore Backup Files (uninstall Maxxuss solution)

Your choice? (i/r): i

====== Step 1/3 [sSE3->SSE2]: mach_kernel v0.5

Install? (y/n): y

-> Backup created: /mach_kernel.bak5

-> Kernel with Maxxuss SSE3 patching & emulation installed: /mach_kernel

====== Step 2/3 [Anti-TPM & SSE3->SSE2]: System files

Install? (y/n): y

Press 3 for SSE3 and 2 for SSE2-prepatched (2/3): 2

-> Backup created: /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CoreGraphics.framework/Versions/A/CoreGraphics.bak5

-> SSE2 Pre-patched file installed: /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CoreGraphics.framework/Versions/A/CoreGraphics

-> Backup created: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib.bak5

-> SSE2 Pre-patched file installed: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

-> Backup created: /usr/libexec/oah/oah750.bak5

this is how it looks like till now

I don't know if I can reboot the pc...

P4 1.8

512RIM

ATI 9200se 128Mb

120+80GB

creative SB audigy

• 2 weeks later...

MaxxuS:

Sorry to ask this while you guys are busy with 10.4.3, but:

For your network driver, you have posted the source-code....

How did you get from that to a kext without makefiles or xcode.projects??

I´d like to know since I´m trying to port another card (Marvell) from FreeBSD_NetBSD to Darwin?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Maxxuss,

I'm having problems getting the patch to work. I downloaded the Marklar-Patched Installable DVD (which came with the 0.4 SSE2 patch) however I-tunes and every other PPC app I try fails to run. It appears in the dock for a second then disappears. I've also tried installing the OS with the patch de-checked, then installing the 0.5c patch, which appears to install without any issues, but alas no Rosetta/PPC.

Booting with Platform=ACPI or X86PC makes no difference. Can boot into OSX with -x switch, or via trashing ATI kexts can boot in normal mode. Everything else appears to run fine and fast, just not PPC apps.

I'm using a Dell Inspiron 5100, with Radeon 7500 GPU, P4 2.4ghz (SSE2), 512MB RAM. Installation is native, and has the entire disk to itself.

Other people are reporting success with the same setup as me, so I'm not sure what the issue is.

help?!?

I installed the Maxxuss Patch v 0.5.c on a deadmoo image Carbon Copy Cloned from a Mac to external drive now internal and booting natively on a Compaq Presario X1000 laptop computer (Pentium M 1,4 GHZ, ATI 9200 Mobility)

After patching and rebooting the keyboard and trackpad are not working anymore....They worked before........

O.K. I was able to restore keyboard, trackpad and sound card functions by moving the appropriate drivers from the darwinx86 cd extensions folder to my osx86 drive extensions folder.....

Except for some applications launching issues, the OS is stable, enough to post here using the laptop on OSX86. What remains to be done.....Fixing those apps and getting video card and wireless drivers! And it looks like ATI drivers are on the way!

I'm posting from it by the way using firefoxX86.....

Hi guys i patched the 10.4.3_8f1099_for_dtk_userdvd.iso with maxxus's dvd iso patch and burned it, went to go to install and i still get the restart ur computer image coming up at the bootloader. any help would be apreciated

Hi Maxxuss,

I'm having problems getting the patch to work. I downloaded the Marklar-Patched Installable DVD (which came with the 0.4 SSE2 patch) however I-tunes and every other PPC app I try fails to run. It appears in the dock for a second then disappears. I've also tried installing the OS with the patch de-checked, then installing the 0.5c patch, which appears to install without any issues, but alas no Rosetta/PPC.

Booting with Platform=ACPI or X86PC makes no difference. Can boot into OSX with -x switch, or via trashing ATI kexts can boot in normal mode. Everything else appears to run fine and fast, just not PPC apps.

I'm using a Dell Inspiron 5100, with Radeon 7500 GPU, P4 2.4ghz (SSE2), 512MB RAM. Installation is native, and has the entire disk to itself.

Other people are reporting success with the same setup as me, so I'm not sure what the issue is.

help?!?

I've managed to sort this out now. I guess it must have been a bad disc image, as I downloaded the ISO for the Generic-Tiger.iso and installed that and Rosetta is working fine now. Yay! Office 2003, Photoshop& Illustrator CS, Flash MX2004, Itunes, Corel Painter 9 all working fine!

• 2 weeks later...

To avoid several manipulations with 2.6 GB dmg file when converting to iso then patching, may I mount the file in OSX or OSX86, copy the necessary files to necessary location (into dmg image unless it is pasword protected read only), then burn with built-in disk utility burner. Is the dmg file write protected? Or OSX will not allow modify it? I am asking not trying because my P2P client is prospecting me getting the file in 12 days...

The "Tiger x86.bz2" 1.3Gb file came faster. But installation of 6Gb HD image on "Andrew's temporarily" partition also does not run apps nor iTunes no matter how many times (successifully as reported by patch) I apply Maxxuss "cure". "Restoring" partition to "third, unlimited in space" partition also does not work. When I select it in boot menu, OSX86 boots into "second, temporarily" partition anyway. I am afraid to delete the second partition to see if then OS starts into third, unlimited partition because it took so long to install the second, and I am afraid to loose it.

At least Java based apps are working. I was able to access remotely my network computer through Java web based VNC client. :)

If this is a place of making questions, where is the place of getting answers? I did not see many answered questions here. :o

Or site keepers are expecting end users to give each other adwises requiring massive programming skills? This looks like subject where no valuable answers are possible. Either something works or not.

Installing this patch caused a problem. This may not be the right place, but I want to post my first impressions. I just started playing with this and have some noob questions -- they're probably asked elsewhere but I figure while I'm here I'll try.

- I have an HP Pavillion laptop (3.2 HT P4).

- So far no video modes other than 1024x768 (nVidia mobile chipset)

- Any way to increase the partition size beyond 6GB?

Now for my problem. I installed 0.5c. When I rebooted, I still can't run PPC apps (iTunes, etc.). I presume I have SSE3 so I chose that. After reboot, it looks like my password changed. It's not what it used to be, it's also not "bovinity". Any ideas? I think I'm stuck at this point if my password is hosed.

Do not install any paches. Just install 600mb OSX update 1.4.1-1.4.3. After that update everything works well. I even downloaded iTunes update 6.01 on top of Intel binary and it also worked. I installed HP LaserJet 1010 printer using built-in HP 5L driver and Epson R200.

I've also had a similar problem using Andrew Escobar's "native" technique in that I couldn't get any PPC apps to work and the usual password for deadmoo appears to fail when in safe mode (although previously works in normal mode).

Applying the Maxxuss patch 0.5c over a clean install as per instructions goes fine (I use all the SSE3->SSE2 options) but on restart, I get to the screen with the progress bar that usually says "Starting Mac OS X..." but the progress bar stays static and even the message "starting" doesn't come up.

Curious - all my hardware should work: AMD Athlon 64 3000+ (Winchester) 512 MB RAm, Asus A8V-E SE motherboard, 256 MB Radeon X550 PCI-X graphics (usable after trashing ATI kexts). Even my Belkin wireless PCI card (RT2500) works when I installed it before I wiped it and started again.

Do not install any paches. Just install 600mb OSX update 1.4.1-1.4.3. After that update everything works well.

I've not had any luck with the Maxxuss patch using VMWare OS X just hangs when restarting. If I manually reset it then I just get the "Starting OS X" screen with no movement on the status bar.

What is the update you are talking about, I've had a look around and can't find it.

EDIT : I just installed selecting the SSE3 files (even though I have an SSE2 only CPU) and things appear to be working ok now. I think I've also found the torrent for the OSX update mentioned by kurbads - is it cool to run that on the patched deadmoo install?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

After installing the patch 10.4.1, Some of my applications not working.. like safari, msn messenger, firefox,text editor, DVD player etc.,

Is there any other way to fix it

Due to the new posting rules in this board I have moved the information on the Patch release to a new home:

EDIT: Removed content violating DMCA

Feel free to discuss problems and questions here.

Edited by Metrogirl

• 1 month later...

You're doing this patching in Windows? Then you have to convert the .dmg to .iso, then patch the iso using the ppf files, and the ppf utility for windows. There should be plenty of guides for how to do this in the wiki.