Lion 10.7 on Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD4P Vanilla 64 Bit Kernel

bertmannaustria

8 posts in this topic

UPDATE 1: use this modified AppleRTC.kext, restart after sleep works fine now without CMOS troubles AppleRTC.kext.zip

---------------------------------------------------------------

This time i decided to put this into "Post-Installation", for getting help on setting up Lion onto your x86 pc, please use any tutorial available on InsanelyMac ... btw i did a clean installation onto an external HDD and CCC'd it to my internal HDD using my working Snow Leopard Installation.

What do we need?

1. a fresh Lion Installation

2. (thanks to
    )

3. this boot file

4. (thanks to cVad)

5. this Extra-Folder and DSDT.aml

6. (thanks to sonotone)

7. for Areca Raid users -> get latest kext and Raid-tool from

8. Kext-Package

9. (if you like it ... i do need FrontRow)

• do a fresh lion installation
  • download an install latest chameleon installer package onto your Lion hdd, install the PrefPane
  • download my boot file and place it into your Lion hdd's root (LIONHDD/boot)
  • get kext utility and place it on your desktop
  • download and place my Extra folder into your Lion hdd's root (LIONHDD/Extra)
  • get Lizard (just if you like to change some smbios.plist strings)
  • download the areca installer and execute it (only if you are using an areca raid card)
  • drag and drop Kext-Package content onto Kext Utility icon
  • get Frontrow-Enabler and install this pkg onto your Lion HDD

what is working?

• QE/CI/OpenGL should work with well-known nvidia cards (for exotic nvidia and ati cards please visit netkas' blog)
  • Sound
  • Powermanagement
  • all usb ports
  • FireWire
  • sleep
  • Time Machine
  • internal network card
  • FrontRow :unsure:
  • Areca Raid Cards (incl. booting Lion from raid array)

• 2 months later...

I have this same board and have Lion 10.7.2 working fine except it will not pull out of sleep (I never get any display and I've tried multiple cards). Do you have sleep working on 10.7.2, and if so, how'd you do it?

Thanks!

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Bertman, I wonder what BIOS version (latest F14p?) and graphics adapter you are using?

Does BIOS version has any affect on the dsdt to be used?

Hi, my dsdt works woth bios F13, every bios version after F13 is beta :) btw. i'm using a nvidia gtx 295 co-op

Thanks for the pointer guys! dood's compilation of ex58 dsdt is massive.

So far, I can run 10.8 with nosound and non-functioning power management, but networking is fine (using MAJ dd-script). It would be great if all hardware quirks could be resolved within dsdt.

I am still educating myself to understand bits and pieces of tweaking dsdt by following all dood's guide down to every point, but haven't been able to get the dsdt to compile successfully. I have applied the modification exactly as pointed by dood using DSDTSE (I spent hours during weekend double checking the syntax) but still ...it generates syntax error (5 errors in total). Then I tried compiling the bare dsdt.dsl as extracted by DSDTSE on basic three kexts setup, and it also generates errors (2 errors). It is getting more confusing to spot where to start 'debuging' dsdt.

I wished you guys could help point out what I am missing in here. (The related dsdt.dsl and its error log is attached along this post). I also wonder what if @bertman also applies dood's dsdt fixes, hopefully you are generous enough sharing your experience on this.

All kinds of help on this is much appreciated!

Cheers...

dsdt-ga_ex58_ud4p-doodimized.dsl.zip

dsdt-ex58-ud4p-bare_F13.dsl.zip

doodimized-errlog.html

ud4p_bare_F13-errlog.html