Lion on Atom Processor

marctew2003

8 posts in this topic

Hi, TeaTeam posted a modified 10.7 kernel for the Atom processors in another category. Anyone had any experience with it here? Or any one tried any other methods to install Lion to an atom processor?

Im just backing up my 10.6.8 and then I will be trying it!

Cheers

Stumbling block...Lion installer will not let me go past the initial screen as I do not have a C2D processor. Any ideas?

Atom processors come in 32 and 64 bit flavours. The venerable N270, which featured on the the first large wave of netbooks is a 32 bit chip and unlikely ever to run Lion. For that, not only the kernel but also kexts and a wave of apps including Finder would need to be made 32bit compatible.

I cannot see anyone spending that much time to reinvent the wheel. Other Atom chips, such as the N330 are 64 bit cpus and there might be some developments there to come.

• 1 month later...
Full working with my ASUS AT3IONT-I, Atom 330.

Hey sam2062, which method did you use? I'm finding little to go on with Lion but have been running SL for about 6 months no issues. I'm overclocked to 2.25GHz btw... Stable no issues with heat or anything...

• 1 month later...

I've followed the guide to the letter in Post #4, and when booting off of lionUSBinstaller, it just hangs at "System Uptime in nanoseconds: 17031794745" It never gets past this point to allow me to install Lion in the first place. Anyone? I am running an Acer Aspire One d257-13450 with Intel Atom N570 processor. This is driving me nuts!

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

I've followed the guide to the letter in Post #4, and when booting off of lionUSBinstaller, it just hangs at "System Uptime in nanoseconds: 17031794745" It never gets past this point to allow me to install Lion in the first place. Anyone? I am running an Acer Aspire One d257-13450 with Intel Atom N570 processor. This is driving me nuts!

I have the same netbook and I wrote a guide on mymacnetbook.com with lion instructions