• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

marctew2003

marctew2003

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi, I currently have a vanilla install of 10.6.0 on my Acer A150 and I would like to update through to 10.6.8 and then onwards to 10.7 Lion.

Can someone talk me through this as I have trawled the net and tried numerous things but cannot seem to get past the kernel panics I get after applying the combo update.

All help will be MOST greatly appreciated and will be collated into a complete guide which I will post back onto the forum.

Cheers!

Marc

redreda

redreda

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
Idk but try upgrading step by step so 10.6 to 10.6.1 to 10.6.2 etc. Dont forget 10.6.2 breaks atom support. And please backup your kexts.

nauval2007

nauval2007

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:Music, Electronics, Automotive, Computers
Lion not support intel Atom 32bit. At this time it's not possible to install Lion on 32bit atom. You may want to check project voltron for more detail.

As redreda said, you need to change your mach_kernel to 10.6.8. It's possible to update to 10.6.8 directly, I've done it for 10.6.7. After that you may need to patch again your intelgma950.kext, voodoohda/sound kext, and wi-fi. Don't forget to delete sleepenabler.kext

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy