Help with my dell e520

kegan_osx

5 posts in this topic

Ok, sorry for starting 2 threads in as many days but i don't know where else to ask for help. The only os x install that goes succesfully is if i use kalyway 10.5.3. Any other installs i try (ideneb, iatkos s3) won't boot. My computer has a pentium d processor so i use a modded kernel. Any advice please? Also, is it possible that this has made me loose 10gb on my hard drive? I think it has :S

its normal to lose some space in formatting use to way 1 megabyte is counted.

try getting a dsdt.aml for that board then make a usb bootable (8gb) snow leopard by restoring the file inside the 10.6 with disk utility (restore tab)

and install chameleon2 rc5 to it. then instal FakeSMC to /Extra/Extensions of the usb with Kext Wizard. (use usb mouse and keyboard as apple doesnt use ps2.)

get smbios.plist in /Extra faking Imac8,1or 10,1 but u will neeed to make sure smbios has SMboardproduct.

its normal to lose some space in formatting use to way 1 megabyte is counted.

try getting a dsdt.aml for that board then make a usb bootable (8gb) snow leopard by restoring the file inside the 10.6 with disk utility (restore tab)

and install chameleon2 rc5 to it. then instal FakeSMC to /Extra/Extensions of the usb with Kext Wizard. (use usb mouse and keyboard as apple doesnt use ps2.)

get smbios.plist in /Extra faking Imac8,1or 10,1 but u will neeed to make sure smbios has SMboardproduct.

i don't have a memory stick anymore, anyway i somehow got the 10gb back, installed 10.8.3 and now im not sure about the updating process, Last time i tried this in leopard it Kp'd, is there a tutorial?

wow u got a time machine (not the backup tool).. lion is 10.7 ..so what is 10.8 called? Liger ?

of course its gona crash.. youre not using dsdt and distros modify files that get replaced with update.