klh6686

1 post in this topic

Hey guys, first things first these are my specs:

Gigabyte EX58-UD3R v1.7

i7 920 @ 3.8ghz, been stable since 12/2009

12GB ddr3

ati 4670

2 x 24" monitors 19x12

linksys wmp54gsv11 (broadcom 4318 i believe)

couple standard hard drives

96GB v+100 SSD (new, hence new install)

etc

So I have an older install that was completed sometime early 2010 that was initally 10.6.2 I believe. I forget the install process but needless to say I updated it to 10.6.8 recently. It always ran extremely well and only had one issue which is with the graphics card (sleeps but when it returns from sleep only the dvi monitor comes on, the hdmi one does not)

So I got the new SSD in and wanted to use it to try out some of the newer install method to see if i could perhaps get my machine to wake from sleep properly without blowing up my main install. So far kakewalk has been the best, but I tried some [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] action as well. I have the new install 10.6.8 with the kakewalk and everything seems to be going just fine, but I ran cinebench to see how things were looking and my scores are half of my old install!

current install cinebench 11:

CPU - 6.58

GPU - 31.04

Fresh install (SSD) cinebench 11:

CPU - 3.something

GPU - 18.93

I know that on my old install the cpu is recognized as a quad core xeon and on the new install it say it's a I7.

The cpue shows as 3.8Ghz in both installs.

What are some things that I should be looking at on the new install?