G5 LED and Powerbutton without the connector?

Lenodoro

2 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have a problem with my g5 hackintosh. I don't have the frontpanel for my g5 but the 3-pin connector (well just the contacts) for Power and Power-LED. I just can't figure out which of the three pins is actually power, led and ground? looks like:

O O

O

can somebody help me?

On normal ATX boards I usually habe two wires for PowerLED. So - do I need a ground wire to get LED and Power to work? I'm using a new Intel 61er mainboard. Which pins should I use?

Hello,

I have a problem with my g5 hackintosh. I don't have the frontpanel for my g5 but the 3-pin connector (well just the contacts) for Power and Power-LED. I just can't figure out which of the three pins is actually power, led and ground? looks like:

O O

O

can somebody help me?

On normal ATX boards I usually habe two wires for PowerLED. So - do I need a ground wire to get LED and Power to work? I'm using a new Intel 61er mainboard. Which pins should I use?

Just mess about with it. If its going to work, theres only 3 possible combinations so just try them. Also, if its going to work it will have common ground, so just go from there. Use a battery with 2 wires on it to work out the LED then the other leg must be the switch