Leopard Developer Preview Update

viriiman

40 posts in this topic

Guys, to find the folders /Developer and /ADC Reference Library, you need to have the Xcode tools installed...

NEver installed them. Is it too late to do it now, or can I do it after the update and have the update apply itself to it?

is Skype, Adium and other apps working now?

I've been using Adium with no problems at all since the initial release of 10.5. Not sure about Skype, and not sure what problem you were having w/ Adium.

i'm just skeptical...i downloaded about 1mb and thought "wait a second they could be tracking this and i might get in trouble" so i stopped the download. it just seems...i dunno, with not much being updated it seems strange that they change nothing but the letter at the end, which i don't think has been on any build number before.

There's some stuff that's DEFINATELY updated and improved (read my trials w/ Time Machine), but it could also be some security patches. Earlier in this thread, one person did post what this update actually updates.

If you're worried about Steve knocking on your front door, just d/l the update from one of the hundreds of open wifi spots that exist. THen, you don't have to worry about a thing.

There's some stuff that's DEFINATELY updated and improved (read my trials w/ Time Machine), but it could also be some security patches. Earlier in this thread, one person did post what this update actually updates.

If you're worried about Steve knocking on your front door, just d/l the update from one of the hundreds of open wifi spots that exist. THen, you don't have to worry about a thing.

Unfortunately in Northern Ireland, there aren't so many of those. I really am skeptical though, there are changes from what i've read but they don't want to seed a completely pointless update (other than to catch those with a leaked copy out) ...so won't they throw in a few changes to make it look like a valid update while in the process catch people out? maybe i'm thinking the worst of apple.................did they seed updates on the tiger beta/developer preview?

Yes, updates were seeded in the Tiger previews, however could only be obtained through connect.apple.com after logging in.

Updates were not provided through Software Update as we see with this one.

Odds are that they are either tracking who downloads it (compare to who they know is a dev or in the same general area as a dev) or they are happy to have so many people coming in and figuring out what works and what does not so that they can resolve the really wierd issues that only come up when it is stupidly used in a production enviroment as the only tool avaliable.

Sissies do not make pirates.

It's mind boggling to see every 15 year old with access to a Mac and no knowledge of Mac OS trying to get their hands on every "cutting edge" stuff. And then come here and complain. "This does not work", "that sucks", "Leopard is so disgusting, nothing new", yada yada. Stick with your Tigers or Panthers or what not, kiddos.

For those who want the real stuff, here:

Link removed: DMCA violation. Please don't post links to illegal material. Thanks.

-The staff.

Sissies do not make pirates.

It's mind boggling to see every 15 year old with access to a Mac and no knowledge of Mac OS trying to get their hands on every "cutting edge" stuff. And then come here and complain. "This does not work", "that sucks", "Leopard is so disgusting, nothing new", yada yada. Stick with your Tigers or Panthers or what not, kiddos.

For those who want the real stuff, here:

edit- ummmmm, staff you forgot to edit the quote of the link ;)

--Bronx

What exactly is that file attached?