• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

Inf123

Inf123

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
hi is there anyone still looking at this form just wondering about the 10.7.3 update and if people have that working?

kratossam

kratossam

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:games, iphone and android game development
hey Pein thanks for the awesome post. however, I am stuck at the kakewalk part ( point 2 ) itself. kakewalk installs the app to the usb>asks to install kakewalk> i select the motherboard ( as specified )> some process starts> and after some time i get an error... "Failed to download applehda.zip. restart the application and try again".

Any suggestions??

Thanks

Sandro_783

Sandro_783

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I successfully installed Lion 10.7.4 on my Asus G51Jx-A1. Everything works perfect except HDMI audio and card reader.
I installed MacOS with the Pein instruction but I did just clean install without any kext, boot file replacements or modifications.
Download Lion 10.7.4 combo update, install, rebot.
Install Chameleon-2.1svn-r1827, copy folder Extra to the root partition and also copy dsdt.aml from extra to the root.
Install Kext which Pein provided exept VoodooHDA. For me almost all versions VoodooHDA give KP, except VoodooHDA-2.62 so install 2.62. You also will need IO80211Family.kext to make Wi-Fi working. Use Kext Wizard for applying kexts and fixing permitions.

Sandro_783

Sandro_783

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Does any one has a problem with kernal_task after wakening up? After wakening up from sleep mode kernal_task start use 4-5% of CPU resources and CPU temperature raise from 60 to 70-75.

andremares

andremares

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Well ... been awhile so wanted to post an update.

As i so often do, i did a blowout of my computer and reinstalled everything.

Have updated my G51JX-X2 all the way up to OSX 10.7.4 Lion.

Even sleep works. I find that I do have to turn off my keyboard lights prior to sleeping, but I rarely turn them on anyway.

Only thing I do not have working is the card reader. Haven't found a driver for that.

Thanks to all for the feedback. Great guide!!

Sandro_783

Sandro_783

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Well ... been awhile so wanted to post an update.

As i so often do, i did a blowout of my computer and reinstalled everything.

Have updated my G51JX-X2 all the way up to OSX 10.7.4 Lion.

Even sleep works. I find that I do have to turn off my keyboard lights prior to sleeping, but I rarely turn them on anyway.

Only thing I do not have working is the card reader. Haven't found a driver for that.

Thanks to all for the feedback. Great guide!!

Could u check if the temperature is stable after wakening up from the sleep? When my Hackintosh wakes up the

kernal_task start use 4-5% of CPU and fans go crazy. Thanks!

andremares

andremares

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Could u check if the temperature is stable after wakening up from the sleep? When my Hackintosh wakes up the

kernal_task start use 4-5% of CPU and fans go crazy. Thanks!

Sorry been away.....My temperature appears stable after waking up from sleep. My sound goes nuts though. My Microphone sound goes up and I have to lower. No problem with the kernal_task.

I did make some changes. Used Lizard to make Lion think I had a MacPro5,1. Installed CUDA...(not sure if it helped....didnt hurt)

Upgraded up to 10.7.4.

andremares

andremares

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Ok...new update to this.

Checked the sleep temps and kernel system usage.

After waking from sleep, I have no abnormal fan, memory or heat issues.

I did create a custom dsdt. Dumped my dsdt in Windows and then applied the needed fixes.

It was very close to what is posted in this forum. I'm sticking with my custom because my battery life seems to be a bit better with this new dsdt.

Knock on wood... Super stable!! Only thing I wish I could fix is the blinking light on the back of the case when it is in sleep, but I can sleep it for days off battery and it seems to be ok.

oSxFr33k

oSxFr33k

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts
  • Interests:Sound and Graphic Design. Electronics in general.
andremares,

I also have the Asus G51Jx. I installed ML 10.8 Golden Developer Preview. Everything works except sleep. On my 10.7.3 hard drive sleep works fine. I was on a MAcBookPro8,3 identifier and now tried MacBookPro6,1 and sleep still does not work. MacPro5,1 seem to cause issues with FakeSMC.

I will grab Lizard and try that.

Let me know if you get sleep to work once you install OSX 10.8 Golden release to the public in a week or so.

I think we need to use MAcBookPro6,1 or 6,2 which you can grab from TonyMacX86 MultiBe....v4.61

Here is a site that lists all mac models and you can get the identifier from there.

http://www.everymac....body-specs.html

EDITED:

Myfault sleep is working as it was in 10.7.3 so all good. I knew my DSDT was good to.

I installed Mountain Lion using the Myhack method and forgot Myhack put a kext in the /extensions which had redundant kexts which where interfering with sleep. Actually it had both a RTC and nullAICPM kext in there and the NullAICPM kext is what was preventing sleep from happening. I paid attention to the verbose as much as I could and missed it on every boot and finally caught that Null was being loaded.

Also had a redundant FakeSMC in there.

Question though has anyone been able to fix the verbose console mode? I see the kernel boot up to PCI Configuration Begins and nothing after that. About 10 seconds later I am on my Desktop. This has plagued this Laptop since 10.6.8.

andremares

andremares

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Hi oSxFr33k,,

Good to see someone still reads this post :) I hope to have some free time available this weekend to try the install.

Thanks for the identifier tip.

How do you like 10.8? Is it worth the update? Right now Lion is running so great, I'd hate to have to tear it down :)

Thanks for the info!

oSxFr33k

oSxFr33k

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Hi oSxFr33k,,

Good to see someone still reads this post :) I hope to have some free time available this weekend to try the install.

Thanks for the identifier tip.

How do you like 10.8? Is it worth the update? Right now Lion is running so great, I'd hate to have to tear it down :)

Thanks for the info!

About the same as 10.7.3 for me but still way more compatible with our hardware!!

andremares

andremares

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
oSxFr33k,

What Kexts did you install??? And which of the installed myHack items did you delete from Extra/Extensions?

Getting hit and miss with what I am trying

Edited by andremares, 23 July 2012 - 04:04 AM.

oSxFr33k

oSxFr33k

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

oSxFr33k,

What Kexts did you install??? And which of the installed myHack items did you delete from Extra/Extensions?

Getting hit and miss with what I am trying

I just used Myhack basically to get ML installed. I renamed the Myhack.kext to backup and manaully installed kexts such as HWSensors from the thread had the latest FakeSMC, the newer nvidia kext Nouv... instead of NVclock. The Ethernet LnxToMac's RealtekRTL81xx Ethernet v0.90 kext. Voodoo for Audio and that was about it.

Raistlin5

Raistlin5

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I used pein's method to install lion 10.7.3 successully
Can you post a step by step method for mountain lion install \ upgrade?
Keep up the good work !!!

andremares

andremares

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
oSxFr33k,

I've installed Mountain Lion. Have everything working...wifi...sound...keyboard... . But I cant get sleep going. It seems the minute I remove the myhack.kext, my system won't boot.

Used my custom dsdt.aml . Didnt have to install anything to get wife working....Worked straight out of install.

Hmmm....must be missing something.

Raistlin5, get MyHack.......Follow instructions and it will boot you into Mountain Lion no problem.

The tweaking is what will take a bit.

Pirateo

Pirateo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
I would also like to see a Mountain Lion guide for this laptop!

Raistlin5

Raistlin5

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
been way too busy at work.... just installing mountain lion now. What version of chameleon did you use? and whatr did you do for the "pci configuration begins" error i get on booting. Thanks for everyones hard work on this post.

update : what kexts did you use for hardware sensors, battery indicator,sleep and wifi. My wifi comes and goes.I have reinstalled at least 10 times without getting a fully functioning mountain lion install. I had better success with lion....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy