OSX 10.7 G51JX X1 Lion fully working!

Pein

57 posts in this topic

Hi oSxFr33k,,

Good to see someone still reads this post :) I hope to have some free time available this weekend to try the install.

Thanks for the identifier tip.

How do you like 10.8? Is it worth the update? Right now Lion is running so great, I'd hate to have to tear it down :)

Thanks for the info!

About the same as 10.7.3 for me but still way more compatible with our hardware!!

oSxFr33k,

What Kexts did you install??? And which of the installed myHack items did you delete from Extra/Extensions?

Getting hit and miss with what I am trying

I just used Myhack basically to get ML installed. I renamed the Myhack.kext to backup and manaully installed kexts such as HWSensors from the thread had the latest FakeSMC, the newer nvidia kext Nouv... instead of NVclock. The Ethernet LnxToMac's RealtekRTL81xx Ethernet v0.90 kext. Voodoo for Audio and that was about it.

oSxFr33k,

I've installed Mountain Lion. Have everything working...wifi...sound...keyboard... . But I cant get sleep going. It seems the minute I remove the myhack.kext, my system won't boot.

Used my custom dsdt.aml . Didnt have to install anything to get wife working....Worked straight out of install.

Hmmm....must be missing something.

Raistlin5, get MyHack.......Follow instructions and it will boot you into Mountain Lion no problem.

The tweaking is what will take a bit.

• 5 months later...

been way too busy at work.... just installing mountain lion now. What version of chameleon did you use? and whatr did you do for the "pci configuration begins" error i get on booting. Thanks for everyones hard work on this post.

update : what kexts did you use for hardware sensors, battery indicator,sleep and wifi. My wifi comes and goes.I have reinstalled at least 10 times without getting a fully functioning mountain lion install. I had better success with lion....