OSX 10.7 G51JX X1 Lion fully working!

Pein

57 posts in this topic

MAIN POST UPDATED!

FOR THOSE WHO GOT IT WORKING TO DATE FOLLOW FROM STEP 3!

DON'T FORGET TO MAKE A BACKUP BEFORE UPDATING!!

OCT 18 2011 V2.1

Gracias papa me funciono todo barbaro con el tutorial ahora voy a probar esta actualizacion a ver que onda y posteo como me fue! Saludos!

Thanks Pein i followed your tutorial and everything works ok! I`m gonna install the update, and post the results!

Pein sabes que no puedo descomprimir el ultimo archivo 7z que subiste "UPDATE V2.1 for Lion 10.7.2". Probe con varios soft (7zip, p7zip y otro de mac que no me acuerdo el nombre) pero todos me tirar un error al descomprimir.Fijate y avisame si es problema mio o el archivo esta corrupto! Saludos, Leandro!

I have the G51JX-X2. I have Lion installed via this method with a few exceptions.

I did not install these two kexts

AppleACPIPlatform.kext

VoodooHDA.kext

Whenever I installed these two items, my system would lock up on startup. Usually not right away, but within 3 or 4 reboots.

I even tried doing the updates to 10.7.2 and use the new files, but still no love!

I got the sound going by using the 2.6.2 VoodooHDA kext...and Sleep just doesnt work for me.

I'm super stable with this combo, so I'm sticking with this for now.

I'm wondering if there are motherboard variations between the X1 and X2 models?

• 3 weeks later...

@Pein,

Thanks for sharing your install method and files.

You no longer have the PCI Configuration [begins] when you try to boot in verbose? I end up eventually booting into the desktop but I no longer see the verbose messages just up to PCI Configration [begins] then no messages after that then into it boots into the desktop.

Other than that everything is working 100%.

Btw which DSDT.aml are you using? The one Mald0n created from his vast DSDT database? Tonymac's? Or someone that modified it for you? I am using the one Mald0n created for me about 8 months ago.

Try this real quick plug in a USB flash drive then put the laptop to sleep and upon wake do you get a error that the USB flash drive was incorrectly removed or similar message?

Thanks

EDITED 12/9/11

Does not look like Pein is checking his thread so often anymore. Anyhow I tried your files for 10.7.2 and it absolutely does not solve the verbose mode issue. As far as your DSDT I compared it to mine prepared by Mald0n and they are identical except you have a few scattered areas where you script ends with Zero which at first I thought they were placed there to resolve warnings but it does not seem so.

The only major difference is I added a PNLF script in the DSDT for the Laptop to go to sleep when the lid is closed. I am unsure if the laptop goes to sleep when the lid is closed in 10.7x without the PNLF script? I have to test that I suppose if I have time.

The only good thing about the files you provided is that it fixes the Battery Indicator but for myself I rather run more of those kexts as vanilla so I can deal with the battery issue.

The Asus Hot keys kext is causing my temperatures to rise and intermittently get stuck booting up.

• 1 month later...

I just found this great topic. First of all thanks Pein and all people who helps making installation easier.

I'll try to install on my G51JX laptop i don't have the same version as Pein (I have 8GB of RAM and a 640 Gb hard drive) but apparently another user have the same as mine and succeed to install.

I have pone question.

While searching i found two versions of the 10.7.2 combo one around 800Mb and another one around 300 Mb which is the correct one ?

I'll post an update as soon as i install lion on the G51JX

I suceed to installed OSX lion and the 10.7.2 upgrade but i have a a few problems

First of all i need a way to boot without the need of the usb key. i installed charmeleon targeting the OSX hard drive and replace the boot file at the OSX root folder but i still need the key to boot.

About the kext now :

Most of them are working like keyboard, trackpad, bluetooh, hotkeys..

The ones that sont work are the Wifi and the sound :'(

If someone could help me...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hey Pein thanks for the awesome post. however, I am stuck at the kakewalk part ( point 2 ) itself. kakewalk installs the app to the usb>asks to install kakewalk> i select the motherboard ( as specified )> some process starts> and after some time i get an error... "Failed to download applehda.zip. restart the application and try again".

Any suggestions??

Thanks

• 1 month later...

I successfully installed Lion 10.7.4 on my Asus G51Jx-A1. Everything works perfect except HDMI audio and card reader.

I installed MacOS with the Pein instruction but I did just clean install without any kext, boot file replacements or modifications.

Download Lion 10.7.4 combo update, install, rebot.

Install Chameleon-2.1svn-r1827, copy folder Extra to the root partition and also copy dsdt.aml from extra to the root.

Install Kext which Pein provided exept VoodooHDA. For me almost all versions VoodooHDA give KP, except VoodooHDA-2.62 so install 2.62. You also will need IO80211Family.kext to make Wi-Fi working. Use Kext Wizard for applying kexts and fixing permitions.

• 3 weeks later...

Well ... been awhile so wanted to post an update.

As i so often do, i did a blowout of my computer and reinstalled everything.

Have updated my G51JX-X2 all the way up to OSX 10.7.4 Lion.

Even sleep works. I find that I do have to turn off my keyboard lights prior to sleeping, but I rarely turn them on anyway.

Only thing I do not have working is the card reader. Haven't found a driver for that.

Thanks to all for the feedback. Great guide!!

• 2 weeks later...

Well ... been awhile so wanted to post an update.

As i so often do, i did a blowout of my computer and reinstalled everything.

Have updated my G51JX-X2 all the way up to OSX 10.7.4 Lion.

Even sleep works. I find that I do have to turn off my keyboard lights prior to sleeping, but I rarely turn them on anyway.

Only thing I do not have working is the card reader. Haven't found a driver for that.

Thanks to all for the feedback. Great guide!!

Could u check if the temperature is stable after wakening up from the sleep? When my Hackintosh wakes up the

kernal_task start use 4-5% of CPU and fans go crazy. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Could u check if the temperature is stable after wakening up from the sleep? When my Hackintosh wakes up the

kernal_task start use 4-5% of CPU and fans go crazy. Thanks!

Sorry been away.....My temperature appears stable after waking up from sleep. My sound goes nuts though. My Microphone sound goes up and I have to lower. No problem with the kernal_task.

I did make some changes. Used Lizard to make Lion think I had a MacPro5,1. Installed CUDA...(not sure if it helped....didnt hurt)

Upgraded up to 10.7.4.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok...new update to this.

Checked the sleep temps and kernel system usage.

After waking from sleep, I have no abnormal fan, memory or heat issues.

I did create a custom dsdt. Dumped my dsdt in Windows and then applied the needed fixes.

It was very close to what is posted in this forum. I'm sticking with my custom because my battery life seems to be a bit better with this new dsdt.

Knock on wood... Super stable!! Only thing I wish I could fix is the blinking light on the back of the case when it is in sleep, but I can sleep it for days off battery and it seems to be ok.

andremares,

I also have the Asus G51Jx. I installed ML 10.8 Golden Developer Preview. Everything works except sleep. On my 10.7.3 hard drive sleep works fine. I was on a MAcBookPro8,3 identifier and now tried MacBookPro6,1 and sleep still does not work. MacPro5,1 seem to cause issues with FakeSMC.

I will grab Lizard and try that.

Let me know if you get sleep to work once you install OSX 10.8 Golden release to the public in a week or so.

I think we need to use MAcBookPro6,1 or 6,2 which you can grab from TonyMacX86 MultiBe....v4.61

Here is a site that lists all mac models and you can get the identifier from there.

http://www.everymac....body-specs.html

EDITED:

Myfault sleep is working as it was in 10.7.3 so all good. I knew my DSDT was good to.

I installed Mountain Lion using the Myhack method and forgot Myhack put a kext in the /extensions which had redundant kexts which where interfering with sleep. Actually it had both a RTC and nullAICPM kext in there and the NullAICPM kext is what was preventing sleep from happening. I paid attention to the verbose as much as I could and missed it on every boot and finally caught that Null was being loaded.

Also had a redundant FakeSMC in there.

Question though has anyone been able to fix the verbose console mode? I see the kernel boot up to PCI Configuration Begins and nothing after that. About 10 seconds later I am on my Desktop. This has plagued this Laptop since 10.6.8.

• Like 1

Hi oSxFr33k,,

Good to see someone still reads this post :) I hope to have some free time available this weekend to try the install.

Thanks for the identifier tip.

How do you like 10.8? Is it worth the update? Right now Lion is running so great, I'd hate to have to tear it down :)

Thanks for the info!