• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

Pein

Pein

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Hi I´m from Argentina too! I´m really interested in the new configuration! Please post the update! I´m new to hackintosh and i´m really excited about running it on my laptop at 100%. Thanks very much for your contribution! Leandro from Argentina!

I'm downloading the 10.7.2 Combo Update so I'm gonna test with this new version of OSX .

When I get 10.7.2 stable with this new configuration I'll post the update.

Leandro: Mañana a la noche te actualizo el post si todo va bien. Saludos y bienvenido al mundo del OSX86/Hackintosh

UPDATE

I'm on 10.7.2 and currently experience some problems to boot. Sometimes works and others don't so I'm checking if the sleep is making this happend. So I think I'm gonna go back to the older FakeSMC.kext and see if this is what is causing troubles.

I'll post back later.

SuperLeaDiber

SuperLeaDiber

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Excelente papa un millon de gracias! Una pregunta, que tutorial de snow leopard me recomendas para nuestra maquina ? A vos cual te funciono ? Asi por lo menos voy adelantando y preparando todo para el Lion :(

Desde ya muchas gracias de nuevo, saludos, Leandro!!!

Pein

Pein

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Excelente papa un millon de gracias! Una pregunta, que tutorial de snow leopard me recomendas para nuestra maquina ? A vos cual te funciono ? Asi por lo menos voy adelantando y preparando todo para el Lion :unsure:

Desde ya muchas gracias de nuevo, saludos, Leandro!!!

Yo use este igualmente mi tutorial es para una instalacion de Lion limpia. saludos

Snow Leopard on ASUS G51JX-X1 (laptop)

andremares

andremares

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Awesome instructions! Thanks for taking the time to put this together for everyone.

This was easier than getting Snow Leopard going :)

Finding out right now what works and what doesnt. I am using this on a G51JX-X2.

Thanks again!

I'm gonna edit the post one more time tomorrow.

I managed to get sleep working and I'm testing C-States and P-States too.

Also have updated the Chameleon so the info inside About this Mac is displayed correctly.

I'm gonna test the stability working hard tomorrow and if everything goes well tomorrow night I'll upload the new version of the guide and the new files.

The DSDT is the same so only the chameleon and the FakeSMC were updated.
The update to the guide will consider that you are currently with Lion running as it should be, and then the new steps take place.

NOTE: I'm from Argentina so I'll update in Argentina's night time.

UPDATE:

I'm testing the new configuration right now. So far very stable and no problems.

Just one thing. I'm not gonna update unless I know someone is interested.
So please comment. see ya!

Pein

Pein

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
MAIN POST UPDATED!

FOR THOSE WHO GOT IT WORKING TO DATE FOLLOW FROM STEP 3!

DON'T FORGET TO MAKE A BACKUP BEFORE UPDATING!!

OCT 18 2011 V2.1

SuperLeaDiber

SuperLeaDiber

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

MAIN POST UPDATED!

FOR THOSE WHO GOT IT WORKING TO DATE FOLLOW FROM STEP 3!

DON'T FORGET TO MAKE A BACKUP BEFORE UPDATING!!

OCT 18 2011 V2.1

Gracias papa me funciono todo barbaro con el tutorial ahora voy a probar esta actualizacion a ver que onda y posteo como me fue! Saludos!

Thanks Pein i followed your tutorial and everything works ok! I`m gonna install the update, and post the results!

SuperLeaDiber

SuperLeaDiber

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Pein sabes que no puedo descomprimir el ultimo archivo 7z que subiste "UPDATE V2.1 for Lion 10.7.2". Probe con varios soft (7zip, p7zip y otro de mac que no me acuerdo el nombre) pero todos me tirar un error al descomprimir.Fijate y avisame si es problema mio o el archivo esta corrupto! Saludos, Leandro!

Pein

Pein

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
usa el keka en mac que con ese lo comprimi.

SuperLeaDiber

SuperLeaDiber

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

usa el keka en mac que con ese lo comprimi.

Sabes que probé con ese y tampoco me deja me da un error de tipo 2. :wacko:

Pein

Pein

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
bajalo de nuevo que lo subi otra vez. probado que descomprime bien!

SuperLeaDiber

SuperLeaDiber

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Excelente Pein ahora si descomprimió de 10 ! Ya lo estoy probando y posteo a ver como me anduvo!

andremares

andremares

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Guide is awesome. I am having difficulty with Sleep though. Everytime I try the Sleep button or close lid, the system acts like its shutting down but doesnt. The screen goes out, but the keyboard stays lit and fan still going. Any ideas? I have the G51jx-x2

Pein

Pein

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
You'll have to use the last fakesmc the one in the Last part of the tutorial.

s.d.rose

s.d.rose

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Are all cores of the CPU working under this configuration?

-dave

Pein

Pein

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Yes I think so.
I mean at least they show up as 8 cores when booting, in System Profiler and in the Temp and CPU usage monitor.

andremares

andremares

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
I have the G51JX-X2. I have Lion installed via this method with a few exceptions.

I did not install these two kexts

AppleACPIPlatform.kext
VoodooHDA.kext

Whenever I installed these two items, my system would lock up on startup. Usually not right away, but within 3 or 4 reboots.

I even tried doing the updates to 10.7.2 and use the new files, but still no love!

I got the sound going by using the 2.6.2 VoodooHDA kext...and Sleep just doesnt work for me.

I'm super stable with this combo, so I'm sticking with this for now.

I'm wondering if there are motherboard variations between the X1 and X2 models?

oSxFr33k

oSxFr33k

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts
  • Interests:Sound and Graphic Design. Electronics in general.
@Pein,

Thanks for sharing your install method and files.

You no longer have the PCI Configuration [Begins] when you try to boot in verbose? I end up eventually booting into the desktop but I no longer see the verbose messages just up to PCI Configration [Begins] then no messages after that then into it boots into the desktop.

Other than that everything is working 100%.

Btw which DSDT.aml are you using? The one Mald0n created from his vast DSDT database? Tonymac's? Or someone that modified it for you? I am using the one Mald0n created for me about 8 months ago.

Try this real quick plug in a USB flash drive then put the laptop to sleep and upon wake do you get a error that the USB flash drive was incorrectly removed or similar message?

Thanks

EDITED 12/9/11

Does not look like Pein is checking his thread so often anymore. Anyhow I tried your files for 10.7.2 and it absolutely does not solve the verbose mode issue. As far as your DSDT I compared it to mine prepared by Mald0n and they are identical except you have a few scattered areas where you script ends with Zero which at first I thought they were placed there to resolve warnings but it does not seem so.

The only major difference is I added a PNLF script in the DSDT for the Laptop to go to sleep when the lid is closed. I am unsure if the laptop goes to sleep when the lid is closed in 10.7x without the PNLF script? I have to test that I suppose if I have time.

The only good thing about the files you provided is that it fixes the Battery Indicator but for myself I rather run more of those kexts as vanilla so I can deal with the battery issue.

The Asus Hot keys kext is causing my temperatures to rise and intermittently get stuck booting up.

Gary_Gee

Gary_Gee

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I just found this great topic. First of all thanks Pein and all people who helps making installation easier.
I'll try to install on my G51JX laptop i don't have the same version as Pein (I have 8GB of RAM and a 640 Gb hard drive) but apparently another user have the same as mine and succeed to install.

I have pone question.
While searching i found two versions of the 10.7.2 combo one around 800Mb and another one around 300 Mb which is the correct one ?

I'll post an update as soon as i install lion on the G51JX

Gary_Gee

Gary_Gee

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I suceed to installed OSX lion and the 10.7.2 upgrade but i have a a few problems
First of all i need a way to boot without the need of the usb key. i installed charmeleon targeting the OSX hard drive and replace the boot file at the OSX root folder but i still need the key to boot.
About the kext now :
Most of them are working like keyboard, trackpad, bluetooh, hotkeys..
The ones that sont work are the Wifi and the sound :'(
If someone could help me...

Gary_Gee

Gary_Gee

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I got the sound working i only miss the wifi and a way to boot without the pendrive. That can be charmeleon or another bootloader

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy