OSX 10.7 G51JX X1 Lion fully working!

Pein

57 posts in this topic

VERSION 2.1 Oct 18 2011

Hi first of this is my first own post in this awesome forum, I have learned all that I known of OSX86 from these topics!

Thanks to all of you!

Now, these is going to be a tutorial, but not really a step by step one, if I miss something feel free to ask but keep in mind that the answer may be in another post. Use the search button.

Notebook model:

ASUS G51JX-X1 Core i7 720QM + Geforce GTS360M + 6GB DDR3 1333 + 500GB HDD

HDD formated to MBR with 3 Partitions:

Partition 1: Lion Partition MacOS Journaled

Partition 2: Windows 7 x64 Ultimate Primary NTFS

Partition 3: Extended - My Stuff NTFS

What we need:

- OSX in another PC or real Mac to get the USB install working

- USB HDD 8GB

- Lion.app from the Mac Store (buy it it's only U$S30)

- Several Files that I'll provide

THIS GUIDE IS DIVIDED IN:

1- CREATE THE LION INSTALL USB HDD

2- INSTALL LION AND GET THINGS WORKING

3- UPDATE TO LION 10.7.2 AND UPDATE BOOTLOADER

STEP 01 CREATING THE BOOTABLE USB

1- Format your USB-HDD as Mac OS Extended Journaled partition.

-Don't forget to change to GUID in Options under the Partition tab-

2- Restore the Lion Image:

Run Kakewalk 4.0 at target your USB-HDD. This will take a little time so go get a cup of coffee

-Using the Kakewalk application we can avoid the manual restore process that may get new users confused. After Kakewalk restores the Lion image to our USB-HDD, it will ask us to install the Motherboard in wich we will run it.

Select the Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3L. This wont have any effect. I will just create our Extra folder.-

3- Run the Chameleon-2-1.0-RC5-r828 pkg and install it to our USB-HDD now renamed Kakewalk.

4- Erase all the files inside the Extra folder and copy the ones in my 7z file.

5- Replace files to be able to install to MBR partition, files inside my MBR folder.

First run the Show all files app and click show.

A)Go to System/Installation/Packages/ and replace the OSInstall.mpkg with the one I provided.

B)Go to System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Install.framework/Frameworks/OSInstall.framework/Versions/A/ and replace the OSInstall file with the one I provided.

6- Erase the "boot" file in the root of your USB-HDD and replace it with the one I provided.

-ONLY the "boot" file-

7- Use Kext Wizzard app and repair the USB-HDD permitions.

STEP 02 INSTALL LION

1- Boot form the USB HDD and follow the instructions. Install LION

2- Boot once again from the USB-HDD

3- Install Chameleon-2.0-RC5-r828 from my files.

4- Use Show all Files and replace the "boot" file in the Lion disk with the one on th PC-EFI10.6 folder.

5- Copy my Extra folder to the root of the Lion partition.

6- Run Kext Wizard and install in S/L/E:

AppleACPIPlatform.kext

AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext

AtherosL1cEthernet.kext

VoodooHDA.kext

VoodooPS2Controller.kext

-DON'T CLOSE KEXT WIZARD-

7- Remove the AppleHDA.kext from S/L/E

8- Return to Kext Wizard in Maintenance and repair all (Extra and S/L/E)

8- Reboot.

STEP 03 UPDATE TO 10.7.2 AND UPDATE FILES

1- Install the 10.7.2 Combo update, not from software update.

-DON'T REBOOT-

2- Run Kext Wizard and install in S/L/E:

AppleACPIPlatform.kext

AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext

AtherosL1cEthernet.kext

IOPCIFamily.kext

VoodooHDA.kext

VoodooPS2Controller.kext

-DON'T CLOSE KEXT WIZARD-

3- Delete the AppleHDA.kext from S/L/E.

4- Delete all the files inside your EXTRA folder and replace them with the new EXTRA folder files.

5- Return to Kext Wizard in Maintenance and repair all (Extra and S/L/E)

-CLOSE KEXT WIZARD NOW-

6- Run the Chameleon-2.0-RC5-r828.pkg and install Chameleon.

7- Reboot.

CONGRATULATIONS YOU'VE DONE IT!

LION WORKING IN THIS BEAST!

WHAT'S WORKING V2.1:

- LION up to 10.7.2 with iCloud

- Full Video Acceleration QE/CI with Geforce GTS360M 1920x1080

- HDMI

- VGA

- Sleep

- WiFi

- Ethernet

- Bluetooth

- Sound/ Built-in Mic/ Audio in-out

- Keyboard and trackpad

- Fn keys

- DVD

- USB always (even after sleep)

- Temperature display (tested with atMonitor)

- C-States and P-States thanks to Chameleon 2.0 RC5

- About this Mac show up the correct information. Core i7 720QM, Geforce GTS360M, 6GB Ram with slot display.

NOT WORKING V2.1:

- HDMI Audio

-Will try to get it working as I use it to watch movies-

WILL KEEP THIS POST UPDATED AS MORE UPDATES COME ALONG.

FILES - USE KEKA FOR UNCOMPRESS -

FILES V2 2011 Sept 29

UPDATE V2.1 for Lion 10.7.2

THANKS TO:

Gravicle for helping me as I install Lion in my G51JX

Aju Deeju for his post on how to replace MBR files

Bloodrayne for testing the install method

netkas for several things

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Wifi yes

Video yes

Sleep havent tried.....

You can use a USB pendrive 8GB or more instead of an USB HDD.

Also I have reports that some things aren't working so good so I will reinstall my Lion this weekend so I can correct the GUIDE.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, i have an G60JX,

thank you Pein for your Help

sleep for computer and cardreader don't work for me

everything else work greatly

If someone Use this Notebook with LION and WIN7

you have the timeproblem , i found a nice little guid how you can fix the timeproblem

Follow this Steps

1. Boot into Windows7 (32 or 64) it work for Vista too (Not for XP)

2. open "regedit.exe"

3. navigate to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\TimeZoneInformation"

4. Right click on the empty space right below "TimeZoneKeyName" and create a new

Dword (32-bit) or (64-bit) and rename it to "RealTimeIsUniversal" (without quotes)

5. doupple click it and change the value from "0" to "1" Base is "Hexadecimal"

6. reeboot to OSX look to time than reboot to Win7 and you will see the Time is right now

good luck

ByeBye

Nice tutorial. Used it with my G51jx-A1 lappy. I succeded with installation but with my model I think I need aditional kexts because when Lion boots it keeps searching for a keyboard. ¿Ps2 interface?. So sad I didn't have an usb keyboard at hand.. I will try when I get one.

I got surprised when it booted at 1080p oob without aditional kexts or injectors :)

A little feedback: After installing Lion, chameleon, kakewalk on OSx partition and all the kexts I can't boot to win7 (I have to restore a backup image ;) ) . Any ideas?

I think the Step 7, part 2: "2- Boot again from your usb and install Kakewalk to Computer. use the first motherboard that appears." is what is messing up everything :\

A little feedback: After installing Lion, chameleon, kakewalk on OSx partition and all the kexts I can't boot to win7 (I have to restore a backup image ;) ) . Any ideas?

I think the Step 7, part 2: "2- Boot again from your usb and install Kakewalk to Computer. use the first motherboard that appears." is what is messing up everything :\

If you get the bcd error in windows you need to use the recover console with your Windows 7 installation disk.

use google there are tons of tutorials on how to fix that.

You also need a USB keyboard for the installation and then when you install all the kext you'll get the ps2 keyboard working. also you can disable the search for and bluetooth keyboard in the bluetooth settings in System Preferences.

• 2 weeks later...

I got it to work, thanks for the guide!

I had to select BOOT instead of a drive letter in easybcd when adding os x. The only two things are: no sleep and I get a message something like "Hibernate image too old...Use ForceWake=y" right before chameleon for a second or two kinda annoying but really not a big deal. Everything else works awesomely, even 64 bit support. I used this instead buying an external hdd, this thing lets me use any hdd as an external hdd and it was like only $10 :(http://i.imgur.com/Xp3g8.jpg

I did everything the way it was, ALL PERFECTLY! And im tired of the PCI Config message that stops the booting, i tried in safe mode, tried npci=0x2000 and PCIRootUID=1 and 0 too, so what can i do???

EDIT: So i could pass the PCI Config stuck, and now im stuck at Waiting For DSMOS and then something like AppleUSBCDC that failed to init.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm gonna update the post in no time, because I did a clean install of Lion and I encounter some problems that may other users find as well.

The PCI Configuration Begin problem I think is solved with some kexts I found. Im gonna test a little more before I give the solution because other kext gave me KP, no PCI config... but KP at boot so that's no solution.

If everything goes well I'll update the post tomorrow with the new kexts.

Hi Pein. After installing a kext I can't remember I started to have the PCI Configuration Begins issue.

And for the bcd restore, I can't repair the windows Installation with recovery disk or bootrec /fixmbr /fixboot /rebuildbcd... The only thing I can do is to ommit the "Install Kakewalk to Computer" step and I think it has to do with boot errors. Is easybcd a good option to restore my dualboot?. (Already don't know the program :S).

Anyway can't wait for your final update to make this {censored} stable :angry2:. Thanks a lot for your effort man :)

Have you got shutdown working?

I didn't use this install guide myself, I went the [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]/Retail/[url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] root which is virtually perfect out of the box. Just had to add the Atheros kext for the ethernet.

Still struggling with

- Voodoo Mic always being on

- Shutdown, never powers off fully

- Sleep, screen never powers up on resume

For thos of you struggling with the PCI Configuration issue, I found it was brought on my the DSDT.aml in my system. Logging in to a terminal session and deleting that file from your extras folder should stop the PCI Configuration issue.

There it is, I modified the files and cleaned the post.

If someone wonders whats different is mainly a modified files and no install of Kakewalk after installing Lion, it wasn't needed after all.

The new files are the DSDT.aml it's completely new, the fakeSMC.kext is also a new version and I don't know if the AppleACPIPlatform.kext is from 10.6 or from Lion DP versions. I don't remember where I found it.....sorry

And the last thing for solving the PCI Config begin is to remove the AppleHDA.kext from S/L/E, I tried using the IOPCIFamily.kext but every one of them gave me KP at random. Sometimes on boot and others inside desktop.

This is the best combination of files that I found till date.

My previous install was an upgrade from SL 10.6.8 and I could install [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] that solved the unknown graphic card issue, but with a clean install I wasn't able to boot.... feel free to try it by yourself and if it works I'll add it to the main post.

No new reply's

Guess no one was in a hurry to get mac working.

I am but you didn't acknowledge my questions above.

What exactly does the DSDT.aml do in this situation, does it help with the power and sleep options? I'm trying to use this again as soon as I put it in my extensions folder I get severe PCI Configuration lockups and had to delete it via Terminal.

I have already deleted AppleHDA.kext but continue to get the PCI Configuration lockups, not doubt because my my G51 has the GTX 260M rather than the 360M in your machine. How can I modify the DSDT.aml to factor for that difference?

Also I'm not currently getting Voodoo Battery to work (can't see it) and Asus keys doesn't appear to be working.

Edit: The sound and Mic problems are now resolved thanks to the new VoodooHDA files.

Edit: Tried the new ACPI, gives me a KP every time

Thanks for you efforts.

Joel

No new reply's

Guess no one was in a hurry to get mac working.

I followed the tutorial up and went spectacularly well (I installed Widows 7 Ultimate 64-bits and OSX Lion on the same hard drive).

Notebook model:

ASUS G51JX-SZ062V Core i7 720QM + Geforce GTS360M + 8GB DDR3 1333 + 640GB HDD

I have yet to install some programs and then I will test the OSX Lion. If I detect any problems I will put here to see if it is possible to solve.

Thank you "Pein" :)

Ps. Sorry for my English.

the DSDT.aml is what allows the system to shut down or restart properly. I haven't tested your method Tamed G but with my files I managed to get shut down and restart working. Also no PCI config error.

Just trying to add the Sleep function to get a fully working mac.

I'm gonna edit the post one more time tomorrow.

I managed to get sleep working and I'm testing C-States and P-States too.

Also have updated the Chameleon so the info inside About this Mac is displayed correctly.

I'm gonna test the stability working hard tomorrow and if everything goes well tomorrow night I'll upload the new version of the guide and the new files.

The DSDT is the same so only the chameleon and the FakeSMC were updated.

The update to the guide will consider that you are currently with Lion running as it should be, and then the new steps take place.

NOTE: I'm from Argentina so I'll update in Argentina's night time.

UPDATE:

I'm testing the new configuration right now. So far very stable and no problems.

Just one thing. I'm not gonna update unless I know someone is interested.

So please comment. see ya!

Also have updated the Chameleon so the info inside About this Mac is displayed correctly.

I'm gonna test the stability working hard tomorrow and if everything goes well tomorrow night I'll upload the new version of the guide and the new files.

The update to the guide will consider that you are currently with Lion running as it should be, and then the new steps take place.

UPDATE:

I'm testing the new configuration right now. So far very stable and no problems.

Hi I´m from Argentina too! I´m really interested in the new configuration! Please post the update! I´m new to hackintosh and i´m really excited about running it on my laptop at 100%. Thanks very much for your contribution! Leandro from Argentina!

Hi I´m from Argentina too! I´m really interested in the new configuration! Please post the update! I´m new to hackintosh and i´m really excited about running it on my laptop at 100%. Thanks very much for your contribution! Leandro from Argentina!

I'm downloading the 10.7.2 Combo Update so I'm gonna test with this new version of OSX .

When I get 10.7.2 stable with this new configuration I'll post the update.

Leandro: Mañana a la noche te actualizo el post si todo va bien. Saludos y bienvenido al mundo del OSX86/Hackintosh

UPDATE

I'm on 10.7.2 and currently experience some problems to boot. Sometimes works and others don't so I'm checking if the sleep is making this happend. So I think I'm gonna go back to the older FakeSMC.kext and see if this is what is causing troubles.

I'll post back later.

Excelente papa un millon de gracias! Una pregunta, que tutorial de snow leopard me recomendas para nuestra maquina ? A vos cual te funciono ? Asi por lo menos voy adelantando y preparando todo para el Lion :unsure:

Desde ya muchas gracias de nuevo, saludos, Leandro!!!

Yo use este igualmente mi tutorial es para una instalacion de Lion limpia. saludos

Snow Leopard on ASUS G51JX-X1 (laptop)

• Like 1

Awesome instructions! Thanks for taking the time to put this together for everyone.

This was easier than getting Snow Leopard going :)

Finding out right now what works and what doesnt. I am using this on a G51JX-X2.

Thanks again!

UPDATE: