magic mouse and keyboard stopped working

crimsonsoulz

3 posts in this topic

i'm running windows 7 x64 ultimate on my 27'' imac... everything was going smoothly untill last night when both my magic mouse and wireless bluetooth keyboard randomly stopped working, what i mean is that it was working fine the whole day.. i leave the computer for a few minutes and when i come back i notice i can't input my password/ wake up monitor from sleep mode. I also noticed that i couldn't find the bluetooth option under the control panel. I tried using my leopardvdisc to reinstall the drivers but that did nothing. on restarts i notice i can use the keyboard fine during boot options. btw windows recently updated service packs, however my devices still woreked up to that point.

please help, this is the second time this has happened I don't want to reinstall w7 again... on screen keyboard sucks

Here you are:

1) Press “Windows Logo” on your keyboard and type services.msc.. Press Enter or Return.

2) Find the Bluetooth Support Service in the Services window and double click it

3) Click the Log on tab

4) Click the “This Account” combo button

5) In the empty text box type: Local Service (or press browse and then type local service in the “Enter object name to select” box an press Check name.. if name is correct it will be underlined if not then type carefully again and press ok).

6) In password and confirm pword boxes type Local Service again

7) Apply and OK.

Source (from comments near the bottom of the page; post by Sonny): http://sherylcanter.com/wordpress/2010/01/...ection-no-more/

Although it's about mouse, but the same is applies to keyboard too (I've had the same problem both with Apple wireless mouse&keyboard under XP on iMac). Took a while to find solution. ;)

Here you are:

Source (from comments near the bottom of the page; post by Sonny): http://sherylcanter.com/wordpress/2010/01/...ection-no-more/

Although it's about mouse, but the same is applies to keyboard too (I've had the same problem both with Apple wireless mouse&keyboard under XP on iMac). Took a while to find solution. ;)

thanks, but still nothing... I also tried changing it from manual to auto + restarting.