[Help] Strange problem with external HDD

1 post in this topic

Hi, i've manage to install Lion on an external HDD and make it works almost perfectly (only wifi doesn't work, but i'm going to buy a Dell card) on my father's notebook (it's an Acer 6920G, Intel C2D T8100, nVidia 9500GS), but now i need to move the installation on my external HDD a Western Digital My Passport USB 3.0 because the other drive belong to my father and him want it back. So i use Disk Utility from the installation drive and restore the partition on my drive but i've got some problem in doing it: when first i boot in Chameleon with both the external drives connect to PC it showed:

ebios read error: device timeout

block 0x0 sectors 0

and so for 4 times, but then it boots and all went fine, after the process i boot again with Chameleon but i cant see the drive, i thought of conflicts between the two drive and i decide to boot with the old drive and install Chameleon on the second one. Done i boot just with the second HDD connect and select boot from it, Chameleon don't boot and all i got is:

Operating system not found

and i can just do ctrl + alt + canc to reboot.

In Lion i can see both the drives and tried to install Chameleon 3 times now, always with same result. I googled but i cant find a solution, anyone can help me?

Thanks in advance.