A little help?

Edward J

3 posts in this topic

Okay someone please tell me what I am doing wrong. I am really competent in these things normally but I have't dealt with kexts and graphics issues in a while so I am hazy.

I just got the itch to install OSX Lion into my hackintosh that ran Snow Leopard great and started the process... after a few snags, got it working, and the very first time I booted up into Lion the stock drivers enabled my graphics card ATI Radeon 5450 to be fully functional with dual monitors.

It was great, I mean I was super suprised that it 'JUST WORKED'. But alas, I didn't have sound, so I ran [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] to enable sound kexts and then... no graphics drivers anymore? WTF? I don't know what to do here? Anyone?

Okay someone please tell me what I am doing wrong. I am really competent in these things normally but I have't dealt with kexts and graphics issues in a while so I am hazy.

I just got the itch to install OSX Lion into my hackintosh that ran Snow Leopard great and started the process... after a few snags, got it working, and the very first time I booted up into Lion the stock drivers enabled my graphics card ATI Radeon 5450 to be fully functional with dual monitors.

It was great, I mean I was super suprised that it 'JUST WORKED'. But alas, I didn't have sound, so I ran [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] to enable sound kexts and then... no graphics drivers anymore? WTF? I don't know what to do here? Anyone?

Possible you also replaced the Chameleon boot loader, if you didn't select only the specific Kext, but ran Easy DST (if thats the top option from memory), you may have loaded up a Boot Loader that doesn't enable your graphics card.

Do you have the old Chameleon Boot file lying around? Copy it to the root folder / and replace the boot loader to see if that fixes you up.